So, You're Going to Buy a Dog from a Breeder!
(06-21-2012, 08:04 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(06-21-2012, 07:55 PM)Leonard Wrote:
(06-21-2012, 05:24 PM)hillclimber Wrote:
(06-21-2012, 07:21 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(06-20-2012, 09:40 PM)hillclimber Wrote: Just because some of you find your animals at the pound, doesn't mean you should belittle those that choose to purchase animals at a breeders. Some people don't want others cast a ways..

LaughingLaughing You're too funny. That's the way you took that post? Cast a ways? Seriously? Keep your pretty breeder bred dogs, Hillclimber, the cast a ways probably wouldn't trust you anyway.Laughing

How did you take the post with a picture saying that if you didn't choose a dog here your a killer?

And I won't have a dog ever again.. Way too much trouble.. We have grandchildren to satisfy any of those familial yearnings.. And we aren't responsible for much more than showing them a good time, then they go home.

So people who have dogs have the need to fulfil family yearning?

Dogs, cats and horses have been part of my family and most friends since birth and they have been part of the overall family picture. They are also pals or in the case of horses, dance partners. Even had a steer that was rescued from the butchers that though he was a dog and loved to play, and with the horses and loved to play cow to a cutting horse I was schooling.

As for breeders. There are Breeders and there are puppy mills only out for money; quantity over quality.

Reputable breeders of dogs and horses neuter those not suitable for breed enhancement, usually having to do with conformation. And in England and most of Europe dogs and horses, are inspected and those not meeting breed standards are not allowed registration papers unless gelded.

Some people get a very good feeling when they rescue another living being from some careless human who brought it into the world without taking the responsibility for its care and future especially if an owner is forced, for whatever reason to give up a friend and the shelter is last hope to find a home.

And what a loving attitude you have on Grand-parenting.

Reminds me of the grandparents that say their grandchildren are the.....''lights of their life''. Do they ever wonder how this might sound to their child, the parent of that grandchild?

Quote:Now lets get the Jo.CO animal shelter on a volunteer basis or whatever it tacks to solve the problem.

Oh, give it a rest. You're just as bad has HC for misinterpreting the OP.

Perhaps I misinterpreted your interpretation. You taked about your daughters dog* acquired from a pound as a enough to mention my experiences with Breeders and those only interested in money, which happens to be most. And mentioned the support of the Humane Society.
Quote:He is a pound rescue but very obviously a pure bred boxer. He was abandoned, sick, starved, with kennel cough and oozing from his eyes, nose, ears and everywhere else. He was scared and weak and did nothing but shake and quiver for two weeks after they adopted him. Now he is a strapping 100 pound goofball.

On another note, I'm not a huge supporter of the humane society. They are a bit over the top on their mission, I feel (personally) and charge a LOT for their animals.

It is bad enough when people quibble*, but when on the same side seems rather pointless, especially in public.

As an aside, it is raining and the ground is lapping it up.

*Argue or raise objections about a trivial matter........ https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=qu...=firefox-a
(06-22-2012, 12:22 PM)Leonard Wrote:
(06-21-2012, 07:21 AM)Tiamat Wrote: LaughingLaughing You're too funny. That's the way you took that post? Cast a ways? Seriously? Keep your pretty breeder bred dogs, Hillclimber, the cast a ways probably wouldn't trust you anyway.Laughing

How did you take the post with a picture saying that if you didn't choose a dog here your a killer?

And I won't have a dog ever again.. Way too much trouble.. We have grandchildren to satisfy any of those familial yearnings.. And we aren't responsible for much more than showing them a good time, then they go home.

Dogs, cats and horses have been part of my family and most friends since birth and they have been part of the overall family picture. They are also pals or in the case of horses, dance partners. Even had a steer that was rescued from the butchers that though he was a dog and loved to play, and with the horses and loved to play cow to a cutting horse I was schooling.

As for breeders. There are Breeders and there are puppy mills only out for money; quantity over quality.

Reputable breeders of dogs and horses neuter those not suitable for breed enhancement, usually having to do with conformation. And in England and most of Europe dogs and horses, are inspected and those not meeting breed standards are not allowed registration papers unless gelded.

Some people get a very good feeling when they rescue another living being from some careless human who brought it into the world without taking the responsibility for its care and future especially if an owner is forced, for whatever reason to give up a friend and the shelter is last hope to find a home.

Reminds me of the grandparents that say their grandchildren are the.....''lights of their life''. Do they ever wonder how this might sound to their child, the parent of that grandchild?

Quote:Now lets get the Jo.CO animal shelter on a volunteer basis or whatever it tacks to solve the problem.

Perhaps I misinterpreted your interpretation. You taked about your daughters dog* acquired from a pound as a enough to mention my experiences with Breeders and those only interested in money, which happens to be most. And mentioned the support of the Humane Society.
Quote:He is a pound rescue but very obviously a pure bred boxer. He was abandoned, sick, starved, with kennel cough and oozing from his eyes, nose, ears and everywhere else. He was scared and weak and did nothing but shake and quiver for two weeks after they adopted him. Now he is a strapping 100 pound goofball.

On another note, I'm not a huge supporter of the humane society. They are a bit over the top on their mission, I feel (personally) and charge a LOT for their animals.

It is bad enough when people quibble*, but when on the same side seems rather pointless, especially in public.

*Argue or raise objections about a trivial matter........ https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=qu...=firefox-a

I'm trying to understand this post. And who was 'quibbling'.? And why the rain has anything to do with pound rescues or pure breds from breeders.Unsure
(06-22-2012, 01:54 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(06-22-2012, 12:22 PM)Leonard Wrote:
(06-21-2012, 05:24 PM)hillclimber Wrote: How did you take the post with a picture saying that if you didn't choose a dog here your a killer?

I'm trying to understand this post. And who was 'quibbling'.? And why the rain has anything to do with pound rescues or pure breds from breeders.Unsure

Never mind I've forgotten what this was about, the weather continues.
I didn't get it either. See how I DIDN'T post 20 different quotes just to say that?Wink
(06-22-2012, 02:14 PM)tvguy Wrote: I didn't get it either. See how I DIDN'T post 20 different quotes just to say that?Wink

You're brilliant TV. See how I DIDN'T mention the snide remark made towards HillClimber's grandparenting? Ooops!
(06-21-2012, 08:04 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Oh, give it a rest. You're just as bad has HC for misinterpreting the OP.

You give it a rest. I didn't misinterpret anything.. Quit pushing a bad position.. That's how people lose money in the markets.
(06-22-2012, 02:17 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(06-22-2012, 02:14 PM)tvguy Wrote: I didn't get it either. See how I DIDN'T post 20 different quotes just to say that?Wink

You're brilliant TV. See how I DIDN'T mention the snide remark made towards HillClimber's grandparenting? Ooops!

Aw ShucksSleepy Yeah I hate to see all that print re pasted fer nothing. So far I have never had to put ink in my monitor and I want to keep it that way.
(06-21-2012, 08:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-21-2012, 07:21 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(06-20-2012, 09:40 PM)hillclimber Wrote: Just because some of you find your animals at the pound, doesn't mean you should belittle those that choose to purchase animals at a breeders. Some people don't want others cast a ways..

LaughingLaughing You're too funny. That's the way you took that post? Cast a ways? Seriously? Keep your pretty breeder bred dogs, Hillclimber, the cast a ways probably wouldn't trust you anyway.Laughing

Some people are dog people and some aren't. You obviously are not. In our family the "trouble" or expense of having a dog is minuscule compared to the joy we get.

And then there is the fact that not too many would be burglars are even going to look twice at my house. Or that one of our dogs goes all the way out to the end of the driveway and brings us the newspaperBig Grin

I am in no way castigating anyone for having dogs. We've had them and they are not for us.. Same with cats and stupid parakeets, and fish.. Animals are not for us.. period. We still have a cat, that adopted us. He's a beautiful fluffy cat, that is worth nothing, he (fixed) sleeps outside and knocks on the door every morning demanding food.. He also throws up and poops wherever he happens to be, even on the grandkids towels on the patio. I don't care if you all love and own all the pets you desire. And if you treat them like children, like so many people I notice, so be it, I don't care, but it always seems sad..

An old guy talks to his dog about his deceased wife, telling me that the dog understands everything he says.. Well that's really special...
(06-22-2012, 02:24 PM)hillclimber Wrote:
(06-21-2012, 08:04 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Oh, give it a rest. You're just as bad has HC for misinterpreting the OP.

You give it a rest. I didn't misinterpret anything.. Quit pushing a bad position.. That's how people lose money in the markets.

But, dear HC, I was not talking to you.
(06-22-2012, 02:52 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(06-22-2012, 02:24 PM)hillclimber Wrote:

But, dear HC, I was not talking to you.

Actually you were talking about my being as bad as HC, which in this case, the ''grandparent'' comment is probably correct.
(06-22-2012, 02:33 PM)hillclimber Wrote: I am in no way castigating anyone for having dogs. We've had them and they are not for us.. Same with cats and stupid parakeets, and fish.. Animals are not for us.. period. We still have a cat, that adopted us. He's a beautiful fluffy cat, that is worth nothing, he (fixed) sleeps outside and knocks on the door every morning demanding food.. He also throws up and poops wherever he happens to be, even on the grandkids towels on the patio. I don't care if you all love and own all the pets you desire. And if you treat them like children, like so many people I notice, so be it, I don't care, but it always seems sad..

An old guy talks to his dog about his deceased wife, telling me that the dog understands everything he says.. Well that's really special...

I like fish. Very understanding.......Big Grin

[Image: Aquarium%20Gif.gif]
African cichlids are cool.
(06-22-2012, 03:52 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(06-22-2012, 02:33 PM)hillclimber Wrote: I am in no way castigating anyone for having dogs. We've had them and they are not for us.. Same with cats and stupid parakeets, and fish.. Animals are not for us.. period. We still have a cat, that adopted us. He's a beautiful fluffy cat, that is worth nothing, he (fixed) sleeps outside and knocks on the door every morning demanding food.. He also throws up and poops wherever he happens to be, even on the grandkids towels on the patio. I don't care if you all love and own all the pets you desire. And if you treat them like children, like so many people I notice, so be it, I don't care, but it always seems sad..

I like fish. Very understanding.......Big Grin

[Image: Aquarium%20Gif.gif]

Do you ever look at fish, (or a bird) and just suddenly start to think how strange they really are? (of course, who knows what they think of me!)