TSA, the new gestapo
Quote:INDIANAPOLIS -- A man's attempt to bring the ashes of his grandfather home to Indianapolis ended with an angry scene in a Florida airport, with the ashes spilled on the terminal floor........."They opened up my bag, and I told them, 'Please, be careful. These are my grandpa's ashes,'" Gross told RTV6's Norman Cox. "She picked up the jar. She opened it up.

"I was told later on that she had no right to even open it, that they could have used other devices, like an X-ray machine. So she opened it up. She used her finger and was sifting through it. And then she accidentally spilled it."

Gross says about a quarter to a third of the contents spilled on the floor, leaving him frantically trying to gather up as much as he could while anxious passengers waited behind him.

"She didn't apologize. She started laughing. I was on my hands and knees picking up bone fragments. I couldn't pick up all, everything that was lost. I mean, there was a long line behind me."
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/31224633/detail.html
(06-26-2012, 09:06 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:INDIANAPOLIS -- A man's attempt to bring the ashes of his grandfather home to Indianapolis ended with an angry scene in a Florida airport, with the ashes spilled on the terminal floor........."They opened up my bag, and I told them, 'Please, be careful. These are my grandpa's ashes,'" Gross told RTV6's Norman Cox. "She picked up the jar. She opened it up.

"I was told later on that she had no right to even open it, that they could have used other devices, like an X-ray machine. So she opened it up. She used her finger and was sifting through it. And then she accidentally spilled it."

Gross says about a quarter to a third of the contents spilled on the floor, leaving him frantically trying to gather up as much as he could while anxious passengers waited behind him.

"She didn't apologize. She started laughing. I was on my hands and knees picking up bone fragments. I couldn't pick up all, everything that was lost. I mean, there was a long line behind me."

Fuck this phoney War of Terrorism, this Homeland Security crap and the rise of the American police state.

TSA is only designed to get the public so stupefied and conditioned they don't mind having some minimum wage flunky playing with their, or their children's genitalia and make huge profits for the manufactures of these machines that see through your cloths. It sets them up for the concentration camps that always seem to follow when dictators, elected or not take over.

And anyone stupid enough to put up with this unconstitutional, and certainly unamerican path deserves their accelerated loss of freedoms that started from that equally phoney 9/11 when planes flew into the Reichstag.
(06-26-2012, 09:18 AM)Leonard Wrote:

Fuck this phoney War of Terrorism, this Homeland Security crap and the rise of the American police state.

TSA is only designed to get the public so stupefied and conditioned they don't mind having some minimum wage flunky playing with their, or their children's genitalia and make huge profits for the manufactures of these machines that see through your cloths. It sets them up for the concentration camps that always seem to follow when dictators, elected or not take over.

And anyone stupid enough to put up with this unconstitutional, and certainly unamerican path deserves their accelerated loss of freedoms that started from that equally phoney 9/11 when planes flew into the Reichstag.

The conspiracy theorist strikes again.

Yeah sure it's all a big conspiracy to sell expensive machines and NO ONE really cares about protecting Americans from the terrorists that Osama Ben Leonard would be happy to donate money too.

phoney 9/11 when planes flew into the Reichstag. What a bitter old anti everything fucking nut.
Oh, the poor man. I hope he sues them. But. TSA needs to have hard-and-fast rules about these things. We cannot expect these employees to actually think or use their judgement. They need to be told what to do. TSA is at fault.
http://blackburn.house.gov/uploadedfiles...report.pdf
(06-26-2012, 10:16 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-26-2012, 09:18 AM)Leonard Wrote:

The conspiracy theorist strikes again.

Yeah sure it's all a big conspiracy to sell expensive machines and NO ONE really cares about protecting Americans from the terrorists that Osama Ben Leonard would be happy to donate money too.

phoney 9/11 when planes flew into the Reichstag. What a bitter old anti everything fucking nut.

And coming from someone with little historical perspectives or knowledge regarding the rise of fascism, Hitler's lies about who was behind the burning of the Reichstag, the lies about the of the Gulf of Tonkin by Johnson, the USS Liberty, the questionable government response and answers to 9/11 by Bush, that led to the draconian measures of the loss of civil right and many freedoms held for hundreds of years.

People with their heads in the sand only give more credence to historical facts that show governments will do anything to get what they want. Frighten the people into going to war, to preserve their freedoms after their rights and freedoms have been taken away to prevent dissension.

The Reichstag was not burned down by Jews or Communists.

The Gulf of Tonkin never happened.

The USS Liberty was used by Israel in hopes of getting the US involved in their 1967 war for land with Egypt. The US lost many men but since Israel is more important than American service personal , the whole thing was swept under the rug.

911 has so many unanswered questions that even the most ardent US lover must take pause. Planes can be flow by radio control, no all steel building in the world has ever collapsed from fire, plus the many other question the 9/11 committee was not allowed to even ask. Let alone admit that this happened under the watch of a Republican administration led by Dick Cheney who ordered NORAD to stand down and George Bush.

Syria is next from the looks of American and NATO's reactions to the Turkish plane that was shot down when it strayed into Syria air space in what looks like another Gulf of Tonkin or Reichstag set-up for invasion and occupation.

Soon to be followed by Iran................but Russia, China, India, much of So America and the non aligned nations have other ideas and don't plan on sitting idly by and watch the Plutocracy that rules the US control the world and its resources when their Plutocracy want it too. And what country in its right mind would?

If nothing else stops this juggernaut, bankruptcy, the rebuilding of the guillotine and global climate change will.

It seems only the Military understands and has written many papers of the frightening results climate change will do to the geopolitics of the world, the food supply, fresh water and oxygen depleted oceans; while the politicians and the general public live in the mental equivalence of the Bronze age.
My heads not in the sand because I don't buy in to extremist crack pot theories.

questionable government response and answers to 9/11 by Bush

ANYTHING Bush responded to could sound questionable, the man could barely speak and had more bumbled jumbled speech problems than any other pres in history.

There ARE credible and logical answers to all of questions you have about 9-11.

You IGNORE them because people like you thrive on conspiracy. And in YOUR case you thrive on ANYTHING anti American.

Quote:911 has so many unanswered questions that even the most ardent US lover must take pause. Planes can be flow by radio control, no all steel building in the world has ever collapsed from fire,

no all steel building in the world has ever collapsed from fire,

And how many sky scrappers are there that were plowed in to with Boeing 707 jetliners full of highly explosive jet fuel?????

Planes can be flow by radio control

What the hell does that mean??

Smoke another one, sheesh.
Sandusky's work release program.........

[Image: TSA+Sandusky.jpg]
The simplicity of your rebuttal argument compels me to admit its accuracy. My opinions are now completely transformed. Thank you for your eloquent words, TV. Smiling
(06-26-2012, 12:20 PM)PonderThis Wrote: The simplicity of your rebuttal argument compels me to admit its accuracy. My opinions are now completely transformed. Thank you for your eloquent words, TV. Smiling

Ponder, I too was transformed by such compellingly eloquent accuracy.
TV, jet fuel is not highly explosive, nor does it burn hot enough to melt steel.
(06-26-2012, 02:27 PM)chuck white Wrote: TV, jet fuel is not highly explosive, nor does it burn hot enough to melt steel.

The minimum flash point of jet fuel is about 100 degrees farenheit. I would bet the the friction from the impact could cause the fuel to ignite. With the amount of fuel in the tanks it would resemble a large explosion.

Since I haven't watched to much on the conspiracy theories, did anyone ever mention that the steel in the towers might be of different specifications than current steel? Was any testing done with steel matching the specifications from the time the towers were built?
I love it when people who are not experts in their fields speculate.
(06-26-2012, 02:41 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(06-26-2012, 02:27 PM)chuck white Wrote: TV, jet fuel is not highly explosive, nor does it burn hot enough to melt steel.

The minimum flash point of jet fuel is about 100 degrees farenheit. I would bet the the friction from the impact could cause the fuel to ignite. With the amount of fuel in the tanks it would resemble a large explosion.

Since I haven't watched to much on the conspiracy theories, did anyone ever mention that the steel in the towers might be of different specifications than current steel? Was any testing done with steel matching the specifications from the time the towers were built?

I've seen magnesium jet wheels burn in a crash. It takes 1200 degrees Fahrenheit for that to melt. BTW, when the wheels are burning, don't spray water on it.
(06-26-2012, 03:24 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I love it when people who are not experts in their fields speculate.

Yes, and particularly the answers on how three building, two hit and one fill on its own could pancake down, at free fall speeds upon their own footprints; the fuel in the two buildings and the other went down because of the shacking from the other two falling.

I suspect a call to any high school physics or engineering teacher or demolitions expert would provide a more probable answer.
(06-26-2012, 03:24 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I love it when people who are not experts in their fields speculate.

So what part is wrong? Jet fuel flashes at a about 100 f. Steel is manufactured to specifications determined by an engineer and usually is job specific. That's why every project has a specification manual. I thought you have done construction in the past, this is basic knowledge.
(06-26-2012, 12:43 PM)Leonard Wrote:
(06-26-2012, 12:20 PM)PonderThis Wrote: The simplicity of your rebuttal argument compels me to admit its accuracy. My opinions are now completely transformed. Thank you for your eloquent words, TV. Smiling

How about both of you loony dopers eat the corn outta my shit?

How that for eloquent?

I guess you are referring to Chuck?

CONSPIRACY VS. SCIENCE

Conspiracy theories are put to the test. How well do they stand up against the visual simulations of professional engineers? See how science supports official stories and debunks the conspiracies below.

THE COLLAPSE OF THE BUILDINGS

Official Story: The collapse was caused by fire initially fed by the jet fuel from the planes.
Science: Using original construction blueprints, photographs, and construction data, Purdue University, along with the American Society of Civil Engineers, created a model structure of the north World Trade Center tower and a scaled 767 jetliner. To model the fuel load, Purdue launched aluminum cans filled with liquid to represent an airline wing colliding with a steel column. The final simulation showed the internal destruction of supporting columns, the disintegration of the jetliner, the atomizing of the fuel, and the resulting fires that softened the steel framework of the building and brought it down.

Conspiracy: The fire could not have gotten hot enough to melt the steel.
Science: The Energetic Materials Research and Testing Center (EMRTC) designed explosives to test the effects of burning jet fuel on steel. EMRTC used a bare steel beam because the National Institute of Standards and Technology reports that much of the any fireproofing material would have been knocked off at the moment of impact. Within two minutes of igniting the fuel, the temperature peaked just above 2,000 Fahrenheit and complete structural failure occurred in less than four minutes.
(06-26-2012, 03:59 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:

So what part is wrong? Jet fuel flashes at a about 100 f. Steel is manufactured to specifications determined by an engineer and usually is job specific. That's why every project has a specification manual. I thought you have done construction in the past, this is basic knowledge.

It's also basic knowledge that in structure fires steel beams will weaken and collapse before a wood beam wood have burned.
It's not uncommon to see a structure burned with nothing but a wood frame skeleton left. And it's not uncommon to see an all metal buildings that have burned totally collapsed.
(06-26-2012, 04:07 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-26-2012, 12:43 PM)Leonard Wrote:

How about both of you loony dopers eat the corn outta my shit?

How that for eloquent?

White corn or yellow corn? Could make a difference, they may be picky.