Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes Divorce
Not that it matters, but it could get interesting considering what lengths Scientologists will go to in order to have what they want.

Quote:11:05 AM PT -- Katie filed the papers -- and Tom was "blindsided." Katie wants sole legal custody and "primary residential custody" of Suri.

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are getting DIVORCED ... after 5 years of marriage.

Katie's attorney, Jonathan Wolfe released a statement saying, "This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family."

Wolfe adds, "Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest."

TMZ has learned Katie filed the docs in NYC ... and wants SOLE custody of Suri.

We're told Tom and Katie have a prenup. The net worth of both Tom and Katie is around $275 mil, but clearly Tom raked in most of that.

For what it's worth, Katie did not attend any of the "Rock of Ages" premieres.

Tom and Katie have one child together, Suri, who is 6-years-old.

49-year-old Tom has 2 children from his previous marriage to Nicole Kidman. He was also married to actress Mimi Rogers from 1987 to 1990.

Cruise and 33-year-old Holmes were married in November 2006 in a lavish ceremony held at an Italian castle. The split was first reported by People.com.<snip>

http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/29/tom-cruise...s-divorce/
"If Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes can't make it work, what chance do the rest of us have? A pretty excellent one."

~Andy Borowitz
Are Scientologists any more of a cult than Mormons are?
(06-29-2012, 07:45 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Are Scientologists any more of a cult than Mormons are?

They are more like the mafia.
the mafia has better food.
From what I read Bill Thedford was indirectly involved through his wife with A course in Miracles being created . The case for Scientology was an attempt by operatives in the shadows to deal with the Satanists involved in the early Military Industrial Complex.
I used to walk on 82nd St in the Upper East Side on my way to the subway. I did so to pass the Scientology Celebrity Centre. It's a very quiet place, not fancy, but very private. I always hoped to see a celebrity, never did.

[Image: 1.jpg]
They lasted 4 years longer than I would have bet..
Who gets custody of the turkey baster?
There's such a thing as a Scientology Celebrity Centre??
(06-29-2012, 10:05 PM)Crazylace Wrote: There's such a thing as a Scientology Celebrity Centre??

Yep...saw it with my own two eyes.
I wonder what they do in there..
(06-29-2012, 10:17 PM)Crazylace Wrote: I wonder what they do in there..

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill ya.
Ninja
(06-29-2012, 10:17 PM)Crazylace Wrote: I wonder what they do in there..

Who knows. Maybe they do things similar to the movie Tom starred in. "Eyes wide shut". Very strange but good movie...lol!
(06-29-2012, 08:56 PM)Clone Wrote: I used to walk on 82nd St in the Upper East Side on my way to the subway. I did so to pass the Scientology Celebrity Centre. It's a very quiet place, not fancy, but very private. I always hoped to see a celebrity, never did.

[Image: 1.jpg]

Wowww, that is a multi-million dollar townhouse they've got there. Religion must be paying well these days. Dry

Tom has filed for divorce in CA. He has a better chance of getting some level of custody there, or so I read. She wants to keep the little girl away from Scientology and I don't blame her. Perhaps the courts will agree that it is not in her best interest to live with her dad in CA. He can have visitation in NY.

He's a creep anyway. Neutral
(06-29-2012, 07:45 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Are Scientologists any more of a cult than Mormons are?

It's just a pretty building (house?) in the middle of Hollywood.
[Image: 214906213439201900_ChUXdMgt_c.jpg]
(07-04-2012, 08:31 AM)Scrapper Wrote: [Image: 214906213439201900_ChUXdMgt_c.jpg]

Laughing

I read somewhere that 'goons' from the Scientology Church have been following Katie around. What a strange organization.

Ponder, that is a good question: Is Scientology any more of a cult than Mormonism. Mormonism is an odd version of Christianity. They worship Jesus but also believe in the Book of Mormon, the existence of which is questionable. The plural marriage part of Mormonism is, to me, what would make it a cult. Official Mormonism does not embrace plural marriage but there are sects which do.

Scientology is based on the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard who thinks we are descended from aliens. Or something like that. The 'church' collects a lot of money from people who believe ... Actually, I don't really know what they believe. It just sounds like a cult to me. This organization hides behind the 'religion' cloak to avoid paying taxes.
We aren't 'descended from aliens' but more of a genetic alteration of a local species. We were created as a slave race, then abandon here to fend for ourselves.
Well I am not going to pretend I have read the whole of Hindu texts. But it is clear from Egyptian Texts and the Cosmology account given in t Genesis that there were indeed overlords involved in cross breeding over in the middle east outwards in order to create a God head race through Adam and Chava. Local species is another word for various tribes of peoples who representative of a specific animal traits.. The focus on demons by Hubbard as I said seemed to have something to do with the folks involved in the Occult such as the OTO .