Bomb scare at the Oregon Capitol signals who's on top, who isn't
How's this to make you feel valued as an employee: http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index...capit.html

Excerpt: "There's nothing like a little bomb scare to sort out who counts in Oregon's Capitol.

Just before 1 p.m. Monday a man called Oregon State Police and said there was an "explosive device" outside the building.

State police whisked Gov. John Kitzhaber out while officers blocked the front doors with yellow tape. The street was closed while police and the FBI investigated.

A half hour passed before folks still working inside the Capitol got a heads-up email from the Legislative Administration office.

There's been an "undisclosed threat" it said and the "explosives unit" is responding.

"We're not closing the Capitol at this time," the email continued. "If you feel you need to leave the Capitol, for your safety, you can do so after checking with your immediate supervisor and by using your own accruals."

Translation: Evacuate if you want. But it will cost you vacation time..."
If the bomb had gone off while I was in the building. I would have 'evacuated' right there in my pants.
"Undisclosed" is right. Are they reading my mind now?
Well, it is the day we're supposed to be celebrating those kinds of things.
(07-04-2012, 06:20 AM)chuck white Wrote: If the bomb had gone off while I was in the building. I would have 'evacuated' right there in my pants.

Laughing Oh, wow, what a visual.....

Can you imagine the lawsuits against whichever agency made that decision if a bomb had, indeed, gone off? Surprised Their coffers would be evacuated.