A Reminder About the Fourth and Pets
[Image: 486607_10150187765029978_576379796_n.jpg]
None of my pets have ever been afraid of fireworks. It is my opinion that most pets get their fears from their owners.

but that being said, I hate seeing the lost pet section on craigslist after a thunderstorm or the fouth etc. Be sure to take care of your pets whether they are fearless or fearful.
(06-30-2012, 11:56 AM)Clone Wrote: [Image: 486607_10150187765029978_576379796_n.jpg]

I would guess that any pet owner who needed this bit of advice does not deserve to have the animal.
(06-30-2012, 03:40 PM)Snowlover Wrote: None of my pets have ever been afraid of fireworks. It is my opinion that most pets get their fears from their owners.

but that being said, I hate seeing the lost pet section on craigslist after a thunderstorm or the fouth etc. Be sure to take care of your pets whether they are fearless or fearful.

I don't know. I had a Rottie that was absolutely terrified of loud noises. 120 pound dog sitting in my lap, shaking like a leaf. But the current boxer I have now doesn't even seem to notice them.
I've had so many dogs in my lifetime I've lost track of them all, and some were bothered by gunshots, lightning, and fireworks, but most didn't seem to be bothered particularly (the worst was a 150 pound Great Dane mix, the stupidest dog breed I've ever owned). My current dog jumped out of the truck a few years ago at a 4th of July parade, and it wasn't explosives, it was the loud noises of firetrucks that sent him running. That's never happened again, and he's pretty careful to keep an eye on me now, too. He was gone 3 or 4 days that time, and I felt lucky that somebody returned him to me.
(06-30-2012, 11:07 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(06-30-2012, 03:40 PM)Snowlover Wrote: None of my pets have ever been afraid of fireworks. It is my opinion that most pets get their fears from their owners.

I don't know. I had a Rottie that was absolutely terrified of loud noises. 120 pound dog sitting in my lap, shaking like a leaf. But the current boxer I have now doesn't even seem to notice them.

Like I said, "most pets".
(06-30-2012, 04:46 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(06-30-2012, 11:56 AM)Clone Wrote: [Image: 486607_10150187765029978_576379796_n.jpg]

I would guess that any pet owner who needed this bit of advice does not deserve to have the animal.

Pretty much. Heck I even let the wife stay in the house on the fourth. I don't want her runnin off again.
(07-01-2012, 09:51 AM)Snowlover Wrote:
(06-30-2012, 11:07 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Like I said, "most pets".

This is not true.
If "most pets" weren't alarmed by fireworks, these public-service announcements would be unnecessary.
By your reaction, one can only assume you consider this worthless information.
It's just a reminder, fer cryin' out loud.
She's trying to make a way to blame the owners here if their dogs are scared of loud noises. I don't know if that's because she thinks dogs should be raised by gun owners or if it's some other kind of a dig aimed at ?. It's certainly not backed by any sort of fact.
Last forth, my gold fish swam away and was gone for three days.
Why do some feel the need to fight over a simple reminder to be conscious of our pets at this time of year?

SSShhheeeesssshhhh........ some people must have nothing better to do with their lives than start a fight over a simple public service reminder or make stupid 'jokes' about a serious issue for many people.
Sad

Thanks for posting this Clone.
Once again Clone decides an innocent comment by Snowlover is a slam to her. And then her suck up wannabe son chimes in with even more crap.

Most dogs don't freak out, I agree.
Fight? Here comes TV. Ninja
(07-01-2012, 10:58 AM)tvguy Wrote: Once again Clone decides an innocent comment by Snowlover is a slam to her. And then her suck up wannabe son chimes in with even more crap.

And thus begins their circle jerk in yet another topic.

Not to make light of the fact that sl actually says everybody should take care of their pets, whether afraid or not, during these times.
(07-01-2012, 10:58 AM)tvguy Wrote: Once again Clone decides an innocent comment by Snowlover is a slam to her. And then her suck up wannabe son chimes in with even more crap.

You're a drama queen, t.v.
If I felt personally slammed by SL I would say so.
You know I have in the past.
Why do you make these things up?
It's hurtful and untrue.
You're a drama queen, tvguy.
This is a frickin' public service announcement!
In News not Debate.

That's it, pick up the stick and run with it, just like the foul mouthed wanna be nut licker you appear to be. Cool
(07-01-2012, 11:08 AM)Clone Wrote:

It's hurtful and untrue.
In News not Debate.

Clone, it is a perfect definition of TV's many offerings.

Drama queen:
drama bitch attention whore

A drama queen is someone who responds irrationally and disproportionately to minor incidents.

But hope is out there for those subjected to them;
The damaging theatrics of drama queens may spring from defects etched in the brain............ http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...s-liaisons

(07-01-2012, 11:07 AM)orygunluvr Wrote:

Not to make light of the fact that sl actually says everybody should take care of their pets, whether afraid or not, during these times.

Thank you.
(07-01-2012, 11:08 AM)Clone Wrote:

It's hurtful and untrue.
In News not Debate.

No I don't create the Drama YOU do. This is SOP for you I see it over and over. You post a topic and if anyone dares to say anything that's not 100 % in agreement you play the woe is me victim card .

I didn't make anything up. I just pointed out what I see. Snow lover didn't say or imply the information you posted was worthless at all. YOU created the Drama and Ponder took it and ran with it like always.
(07-01-2012, 11:26 AM)Snowlover Wrote:

(07-01-2012, 11:07 AM)orygunluvr Wrote:

Thank you.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing