Yo! Tiger! Gettin' your Groove Back! w00t!
(07-02-2012, 06:54 PM)Larry Wrote:
(07-02-2012, 04:22 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-02-2012, 04:10 PM)Larry Wrote: I said it then, and I still say, his only mistake was being married. He could have been a playboy all he wanted, and we wouldn't even be discussing it now. It wouldn't matter to any of us.

And would you say the same about Bill Clinton?

One caveat to that.... Bill Clinton was the President Of The United States, not a golfer....

And THAT is the significant point! We expect our leaders to have some sense of responsibility to the office. Many who have occupied the office have behaved badly but were at least discrete.
I think it's generally recognized that Clinton (Bill) had an uncanny sense of political intuition. He even got along with Newt.
Such a waste that history will forever remember him as the louse he was (is?)
(07-02-2012, 08:48 PM)Wonky Wrote: Such a waste that history will forever remember him as the louse he was (is?)

That is an opinion, not a fact. Wink
(07-02-2012, 09:14 PM)Clone Wrote:
(07-02-2012, 08:48 PM)Wonky Wrote: Such a waste that history will forever remember him as the louse he was (is?)

He will be remember as one of, if not the greatest player in golfing history.

It funny though, I watched all the big matches since the 50's on TV until Tiger came on the scene, something about his personality that turned me off so completely I lost interest in golf.
(07-02-2012, 09:53 PM)Leonard Wrote:

It funny though, I watched all the big matches since the 50's on TV until Tiger came on the scene, something about his personality that turned me off so completely I lost interest in golf.

Probably because you are a fucking racist.
(07-02-2012, 10:45 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(07-02-2012, 09:53 PM)Leonard Wrote:

Probably because you are a fucking racist.

Hardly, I enjoyed watching the lilly white ''sport'' and their racist players and their segregated clubs, some still exclude women having to entertain a black man, especially one that could beat the pants off them and became wealthy beyond bountiful.

I just thought he was a prick from the get go.
(07-02-2012, 11:37 PM)Leonard Wrote: I just thought he was a prick from the get go.

Funny how we all perceive things so differently.
From the moment he entered the game, all I saw was a young man who was taught nothing but excelling at golf.
He had golf clubs in his hands from the time he was a toddler.
I always felt rather sad for him.
I never thought of him as a prick, he just seemed ill-equipped to deal with life.
The Williams sisters also go through struggles over this stuff.
It's not a normal life.
If there were a Hell, I'd say there was a special place there for these kind of parents. Especially Joe Jackson.
(07-02-2012, 11:58 PM)Clone Wrote:
(07-02-2012, 11:37 PM)Leonard Wrote: I just thought he was a prick from the get go.

Funny how we all perceive things so differently.
From the moment he entered the game, all I saw was a young man who was taught nothing but excelling at golf.
He had golf clubs in his hands from the time he was a toddler.
I always felt rather sad for him.
I never thought of him as a prick, he just seemed ill-equipped to deal with life.
The Williams sisters also go through struggles over this stuff.
It's not a normal life.
If there were a Hell, I'd say there was a special place there for these kind of parents. Especially Joe Jackson.

Ill-equipped is a far better choice of words than prick, though still appropriate.

What he and the Williams sisters had to go through in this ''still'' racist society and especially Tennis and Golf it's a wonder they survived at all to show the world their greatness in a ''White mans'' sport.

I wish his father had taught him humility, even if it was a false it looks better. But the racism all people of colour face in America is still something else again and sometimes can cause emotional damage even in the strongest of people.
The false humility of The Japanese, has always troubled me.