The Good Life Cafe and Juice Bar
I feel this is a great addition to our town!

208 NW 6th St (Corner of 6th and F), Located in Old Town Marketplace across from Post Office
Grants Pass, Oregon 97526
8:30 am - 3:00 pm

Phone (541) 787-2986

The Good Life is more than just a cafe.

We are a warm, welcoming, happy space for members of our community to gather around a sustainable table and provide their bodies with the whole foods needed for life. Additionally, we strive to spread health-based knowledge and awareness to help us all live "the good life".

Our menu focuses on using fresh, whole foods- local and organic when possible. We believe in the importance of supporting local artists, business and agriculture, and buy most of our food and other products from farmers and small businesses in the area.

Our menu is also paleo-focused, 100% gluten-free, and vegan/vegetarian friendly. The Paleo Diet focuses on meals based of fruits, veggies, and proteins, with limited other carbohydrate (starch) sources and fats.

We refrain from using hydrogenated oils (trans fat!), refined or artificial sugars or ingredients of any kind. Many of our cafe treats are also "raw" or heated below 120 degrees F to preserve the live enzymes in the food, making them easier to digest and the nutrients more bioavailable (usable) to the body. We also carefully source all of our ingredients to avoid dangerous genetically modified organisms, which have been linked to various diseases.

We LOVE the Earth, and do our part to keep it beautiful by using reusable plates for dine-in, and biodegradable and recyclable utensils, cups and containers for to-go meals, as well as eco-friendly cleaners. We appreciate your support in this endeavor, and encourage you to bring your favorite cup or reusable container from home! Smiling

We hope to be a friendly, safe place for members of our community to nourish their bodies, minds and spirits. If you have questions, comments or concerns of any kind, feel free to contact us.

From their Facebook Wall:
Breakfast was a success! The Caveman Burrito, with eggs, cheese, sweet potatoes and cilantro avocado sauce was our most popular item Smiling For lunch, we have quinoa and wild rice bean bowls with fresh veggies, plus a whole list of amazing, gorgeous, delicious and healthy salads! Come cool off with a fresh juice or organic smoothie! Keep smiling Smiling
I could really go for some fresh carrot-orange juice. Mmmmm.... Smiling
That looks great. Grants Pass is stepping up a little food wise.... I came across this place on Yelp I want to check out too.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-twisted-cork-grants-pass
(07-09-2012, 12:23 PM)Valuesize Wrote: That looks great. Grants Pass is stepping up a little food wise.... I came across this place on Yelp I want to check out too.

Good find, Valuesize!
I have an old old friend coming up here from the Bay Area later this month. We haven't seen each other in over 20 years. He's a vegetarian, so this place sounds like a go for a nice reunion. Thanks!

edited to add: I just remembered Summer Jo's, too..that might be even better for this particular occasion. Hmmmmmm....
I love Summer Jo's
Cool. a hippie dippie restaurantLaughing I wonder if they'll refuse service to any cops that want a cup of Java. Oh I forgot you guys voted to not have copsRazz
GP has lots of cops. Joco not so much.
Thanks Clone,
I love eating in Portland. Ashland has some good places to eat but it is so crowded no one goes there. G.P. has really developed a niche.
Medford is slowly waking up but the chain restaurants rule the roost. It is a very strange town to find good food. Olive Garden is true Italian for Medfordites.
(07-09-2012, 12:33 PM)Clone Wrote:
(07-09-2012, 12:23 PM)Valuesize Wrote: That looks great. Grants Pass is stepping up a little food wise.... I came across this place on Yelp I want to check out too.

Good find, Valuesize!
I have an old old friend coming up here from the Bay Area later this month. We haven't seen each other in over 20 years. He's a vegetarian, so this place sounds like a go for a nice reunion. Thanks!

edited to add: I just remembered Summer Jo's, too..that might be even better for this particular occasion. Hmmmmmm....
Please ask your friend to bring me a vegetarian black bean burrito from the Bay Area, when he visits. Smiling guacamole and extra hot sauce please. SmilingSmiling
I think of Grant's Pass as being pretty far away since it takes an hour to get there from here. (Right?). Going up there to visit a restaurant isn't on our radar, unfortunately.
We look forward to our trips to Portland because it is such a foodie place. Occasionally we will go to a restaurant but those food trucks really make my day. Ashland is so crowded no one goes there anymore (channeling Yogi Berra). Big Grin
I find Ashland an irritating place to eat. The food is overpriced, period. If I am going to pay money for an entree, at least put something substantial on the plate. Ashlanders get all dewy-eyed about Pasta Piatti. YUCK YUCK AND YUCK. That is nothing like any Italian restaurant I've ever been to in NY. They'd get run out of town on a rail.
There is no decent Chinese food in Ashland. We've tried the existing ones and the only people who were happy were the makers of Pepto Bismol. Hana Sushi is out of action due to the fire. There was another Korean/sushi place down near Albertson's but that closed down. It is now "The Old Farmhouse" which is probably a diner. That's okay, but it won't be haute cuisine; just the prices will be.
Mad
Anyway, what were we talking about? ConfusedEyebrows
I just want to know how Summer Jo ever got a permit to exist?