Touvelle Lodge This Coming Saturday
Bottom line. Get togethers can be so much fun. AND they change everything about the forum. In this case, were it to happen, I might think it would be a good change. But still, no get together has been actually, officially planned and implemented. They have been before and been loads of fun. Some of the indicators against forum meet ups seem to not exist at this time, which might make for a nice one to happen, if, and I say IF folks were so inclined. Get togethers are always nice, civil, friendly, fun. I acutally would have gone to this one, but my date and ride fell through and will all the other stuff going on, I felt like home was where I belong, but I'm not adverse to another official chilli cook off or something.
And so, along those lines. It WASN'T a get together. OK. Why did this thread go on so long?
(07-14-2012, 11:19 PM)Tiamat Wrote: And so, along those lines. It WASN'T a get together. OK. Why did this thread go on so long?

Laughing
There were many topics of discussion.

btw, we drove around in Touvelle park, too.
That's a really really nice park!
Some people though, geesh.
We saw three families who, instead of being further onto the lawn, set up their picnic right next to the road in the parking lot.
So there were very small children playing with balls, etc. right next to the asphalt.
So driving through, even at 5 mph, was nerve wracking for both me and the
parents.
(07-14-2012, 11:31 PM)Clone Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 11:19 PM)Tiamat Wrote: And so, along those lines. It WASN'T a get together. OK. Why did this thread go on so long?

Laughing
There were many topics of discussion.

btw, we drove around in Touvelle park, too.
That's a really really nice park!
Some people though, geesh.
We saw three families who, instead of being further onto the lawn, set up their picnic right next to the road in the parking lot.
So there were very small children playing with balls, etc. right next to the asphalt.
So driving through, even at 5 mph, was nerve wracking for both me and the
parents.
That's just practice.Wink
Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a Saturday afternoon!
(07-15-2012, 07:28 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

They have an outdoor blues jam every Sunday from 2 to 6.
You should come down and bring Pops...I think he'd love it.
(07-15-2012, 02:09 PM)Clone Wrote:
(07-15-2012, 07:28 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

Was there plenty of shade? My dad can't be in the sun because of skin cancer and because of his med's. I'm sure he would love it!
(07-15-2012, 03:29 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Was there plenty of shade? My dad can't be in the sun because of skin cancer and because of his med's. I'm sure he would love it!

Plenty of shade...big ol' oak trees.
And tell Pops that biker chicks have come right along.
Really beautiful, really physically fit and not wearing a lot of clothes. Laughing
Much different than the 'old days'.
(07-15-2012, 03:29 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

There are shady oaks, a shelter and a porch AND a indoor bar.