Touvelle Lodge This Coming Saturday
(07-10-2012, 09:59 PM)Wonky Wrote: Good thinking Larry!
The problem is that all too often that "one" beer can reduce our judgement just enough to have two. And if two, what the hell, why not a couple more. Been there, done that, and I far more lucky that smart.

You know, seriously, when I think about this I ask myself: Why would anyone criticize a person for stating they won't drink even one beer when they are hurtling down the road with a big engine, two tires, a seat and handlebars.

Good on ya, Larry.
After two beers I get a personality.
(07-10-2012, 11:44 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: After two beers I get a personality.

And all the women get better lookin' right? Laughing
Not a promise here. July has been a doozie.
(07-11-2012, 01:16 AM)Tiamat Wrote: Not a promise here. July has been a doozie.

It sounds like you could use it, Tia. It would be good for you!
(07-10-2012, 09:53 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: Someone needs to tell them that Motorcycle Superstore is out of business.

They posted on their Facebook page an hour ago.
https://www.facebook.com/MotoSuperstore
(07-10-2012, 10:40 PM)Clone Wrote:
The problem is that all too often that "one" beer can reduce our judgement just enough to have two. And if two, what the hell, why not a couple more. Been there, done that, and I far more lucky that smart.

You know, seriously, when I think about this I ask myself: Why would anyone criticize a person for stating they won't drink even one beer when they are hurtling down the road with a big engine, two tires, a seat and handlebars.

Good on ya, Larry.

You know, seriously all that YOU want to do is criticize what I post.

But since you brought it up why is it OK to drive a 5000 SUV after drinking when a wreck is more likely to hurt someone else than if you are on a motorcycle?

To put it bluntly and that's what I do. If you don't think you can safley drive a motorcycle after one beer than you can't operate any other vehicle either.
(07-11-2012, 10:55 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Good on ya, Larry.

But since you brought it up why is it OK to drive a 5000 SUV after drinking when a wreck is more likely to hurt someone else than if you are on a motorcycle?

To put it bluntly and that's what I do. If you don't think you can safley drive a motorcycle after one beer than you can't operate any other vehicle either.

Why don't you guys get a room. Your personal pissing matches have zip to do with the topic. To be blunt, which is what I do, you have jacked another thread being a Richard head. That's what you really do best.
(07-10-2012, 09:59 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(07-09-2012, 03:56 PM)Larry Wrote:
(07-09-2012, 11:39 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-09-2012, 11:27 AM)Larry Wrote:
(07-09-2012, 08:56 AM)tvguy Wrote: Really? It sounds to me like if you drink too much to ride a bike you shouldn't be driving anything.

The difference is, I can easily enjoy a beer with dinner and drive home, but I refuse to have even that ONE beer if riding the bike.

I was not talking about DRUNK driving.

All righty thenBig Grin Maybe it's just me or I'm fooling myself but one beer with a dinner I don't think I'm impaired. But that's just me.

Good for you for thinking like Eastwood... A mans gotta know his limitations.

I don't think I am impaired either, but I take being on two wheels (that sometimes other drivers don't "see") kinda seriously. Besides, I promised my family that if anything ever happened to me on my bike, it would not be impairment related on MY part.

Good thinking Larry!

OK Wonky with your logic NO ONE should go to a bar and drink any alcohol at all if they plan on driving away.
(07-11-2012, 10:58 AM)gapper Wrote:

Good on ya, Larry.

Why don't you guys get a room. Your personal pissing matches have zip to do with the topic. To be blunt, which is what I do, you have jacked another thread being a Richard head. That's what you really do best.

I simply responded to crone ONE TIME. I have every right to defend what I say in my posts and it's none of your business.
Larry brought up motorcycles and drinking why don't you worry about what Larry says or HIM jacking the thread?
(07-11-2012, 11:04 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Good on ya, Larry.

I simply responded to crone ONE TIME. I have every right to defend what I say in my posts and it's none of your business.
Larry brought up motorcycles and drinking why don't you worry about what Larry says or HIM jacking the thread?

And all the time I saw this thread getting more hits, I thought you guys were talking about a fun party at Touvelle, but it's just another bitch party on the forum.
(07-11-2012, 11:09 AM)DUNNO Wrote:
(07-10-2012, 10:40 PM)Clone Wrote: You know, seriously, when I think about this I ask myself: Why would anyone criticize a person for stating they won't drink even one beer when they are hurtling down the road with a big engine, two tires, a seat and handlebars.

Good on ya, Larry.

And all the time I saw this thread getting more hits, I thought you guys were talking about a fun party at Touvelle, but it's just another bitch party on the forum.

And you aren't bitching? So the whole thread is another bitch party because of three posts? Clone to me, me to clone and Gapper to me.

Exaggerate much?
(07-11-2012, 11:04 AM)tvguy Wrote: I simply responded to crone ONE TIME. I have every right to defend what I say in my posts and it's none of your business.

"WWAAAA!!!!! He started and besides, Larry's worser than me!!! WWAAAA!!!".

Gawd.. get a life, man.
(07-11-2012, 11:24 AM)gapper Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 11:04 AM)tvguy Wrote: I simply responded to crone ONE TIME. I have every right to defend what I say in my posts and it's none of your business.

"WWAAAA!!!!! He started and besides, Larry's worser than me!!! WWAAAA!!!".

Gawd.. get a life, man.

Why don't you go fuck yourself? A guy who says "Richard head" LaughingLaughing What a fucking PUSSY.

Is this what you wanted... ASSHOLE??? Like I said you stuck YOUR nose in MY business whining because I responed to clone.

I gave you the reason and no apoligies.. no swearing. TOTALLY civil.

But that wasn't good enough for you because YOU have a personal problem with ME.

So YOU had to post back with the "get a life" bullshit. I have a life. apparenty YOU don't or you wouldn't be here trying to tell me what to post.

so NOW there REALLY is a derailed thread and or bitch fest.
Go ahead TRY and blame it on me. I guarantee there's a little klan on here that will back you up.
Quote:CloneYou know, seriously, when I think about this I ask myself: Why would anyone criticize a person for stating they won't drink even one beer when they are hurtling down the road with a big engine, two tires, a seat and handlebars.

Good on ya, Larry.

Thanks for TOTALLY changing the meaning of what I actually said.

I didn't criticize anyone for saying the won't drink and drive. what I said was..
It sounds to me like if you drink too much to ride a bike you shouldn't be driving anything.

How in the world you can take that and then say I'm criticizing someone for NOT drinking and driving is beyond me when if anything it's the exact opposite.

So really Clone. What was the real motive of your post?
I'm still laughing at "Richard" head.LaughingLaughingLaughing

Who knows, maybe I might get to the point of going. Not likely, but perhaps.
(07-11-2012, 11:24 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 11:09 AM)DUNNO Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 10:55 AM)tvguy Wrote: You know, seriously all that YOU want to do is criticize what I post.

And you aren't bitching? So the whole thread is another bitch party because of three posts? Clone to me, me to clone and Gapper to me.

Exaggerate much?

Hey, I'm enjoying it..don't get me wrong.
(07-11-2012, 11:32 AM)tvguy Wrote: Why don't you go fuck yourself? A guy who says "Richard head" LaughingLaughing What a fucking PUSSY.

Is this what you wanted... ASSHOLE??? Like I said you stuck YOUR nose in MY business whining because I responed to clone.

I gave you the reason and no apoligies.. no swearing. TOTALLY civil.

But that wasn't good enough for you because YOU have a personal problem with ME.

So YOU had to post back with the "get a life" bullshit. I have a life. apparenty YOU don't or you wouldn't be here trying to tell me what to post.

so NOW there REALLY is a derailed thread and or bitch fest.
Go ahead TRY and blame it on me. I guarantee there's a little klan on here that will back you up.

TVg, are you testing Kam?
Do you want to drive him to the point of closing RVF?
Take a freaking chill pill and calm down... you're going to give yourself a damn heart attack, man.
Lola and Jan would weep.
Or maybe Jan is Lola. Or TV.
Actually, having bantered with TV for all these years, I never took what he said in a negative way. I had the thought about car vs bike in the back of mind as well. I explained myself a bit more, he accepted that, and it was done. Not a fight, not an argument, simply a CONVERSATION. In my mind at least. So y'all can blow it up out of proportion if you like.

Carry on.