PonderThis....
This makes me think of you... and your sweet pooch! Smiling

[Image: 545071_10150971255704792_1646843750_n.jpg]
A good dog is pretty special, isn't it. Smiling
It's taken almost six years to get my little "Spot" to trust people. He got so tense I'd have to give him a rubdown to get the kinks out. Hundreds of times. And now, suddenly, he's okay with us. He's suddenly my dog, and not just a little guy I was worried about. I never thought he could be brought around. But, here he is. Now, he watches over us. He even watches over the other dogs. All of a sudden, he is our little friend and protector. Who wags his tail when he sees us coming. No tension. No kinked up muscles. You wouldn't know we found him crazy, at a biker's yard sale. Spot has finally joined our pack.
(07-11-2012, 06:03 AM)illcommandante Wrote: It's taken almost six years to get my little "Spot" to trust people. He got so tense I'd have to give him a rubdown to get the kinks out. Hundreds of times. And now, suddenly, he's okay with us. He's suddenly my dog, and not just a little guy I was worried about. I never thought he could be brought around. But, here he is. Now, he watches over us. He even watches over the other dogs. All of a sudden, he is our little friend and protector. Who wags his tail when he sees us coming. No tension. No kinked up muscles. You wouldn't know we found him crazy, at a biker's yard sale. Spot has finally joined our pack.

Thanks for sharing this, illcommandante!
He is finally in his groove; he has become a dog.
I wish you would post his picture! Smiling
(07-11-2012, 12:23 PM)Clone Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 06:03 AM)illcommandante Wrote: It's taken almost six years to get my little "Spot" to trust people. He got so tense I'd have to give him a rubdown to get the kinks out. Hundreds of times. And now, suddenly, he's okay with us. He's suddenly my dog, and not just a little guy I was worried about. I never thought he could be brought around. But, here he is. Now, he watches over us. He even watches over the other dogs. All of a sudden, he is our little friend and protector. Who wags his tail when he sees us coming. No tension. No kinked up muscles. You wouldn't know we found him crazy, at a biker's yard sale. Spot has finally joined our pack.

Thanks for sharing this, illcommandante!
He is finally in his groove; he has become a dog.
I wish you would post his picture! Smiling

That would be something.Big Grin

I think there was at one time a thread that invited people to post pics of pets.
This is Nicci. She owns me! Smiling

[Image: Nicci2-1.jpg]
(07-11-2012, 05:02 PM)imaham Wrote: This is Nicci. She owns me! Smiling

By all appearances she seems to be a kind and benevolent owner. Smiling
Hi Nicci! (smoooooooooch)
Do you ever read Dean Koontz? I love it when dogs are in his stories.
Imaham... Nicci has the sweetest eyes! Smiling
Nicci is a rescue dog we got from the local shelter. She was picked up roaming in the Big Sur area with no sign of an owner. We adopted her and put her through training classes which were required here at the time. She finished first in her class and is very smart. Not sure of the breed but she appears to have some Aussie in her and maybe some lab?> not sure. Anyway, she looks forward to every weekend when she can spend two whole days following me around or going out in the truck which she loves. She also gets along well with the cats but is death on squirrels and rats. I think I will keep her!
[Image: 309313_475812429113657_752741763_n.jpg]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...1763_n.jpg
(07-11-2012, 05:02 PM)imaham Wrote: This is Nicci. She owns me! Smiling

What a sweetheart!
But her eyes are saying, "Please, just put the camera away. I'm trying to get some sleep here".
That dog has intelligent eyesSmiling

But enough about other dogs Lola is very jealousLaughing Today I started training her to go get her brush.
She loves to get brushed. Every day when I water the garden she rolls on her back in the dry grass and then expects to waltz in to the house with that crap all over her.
So anyway she already knows how to go out and get the newspaper everyday so teaching her to go get her brush from the outside utility room shouldn't be too hard.

[Image: zzzxzzzx.jpg]
(07-25-2012, 01:41 PM)tvguy Wrote: That dog has intelligent eyesSmiling

But enough about other dogs Lola is very jealousLaughing Today I started training her to go get her brush.
She loves to get brushed. Every day when I water the garden she rolls on her back in the dry grass and then expects to waltz in to the house with that crap all over her.
So anyway she already knows how to go out and get the newspaper everyday so teaching her to go get her brush from the outside utility room shouldn't be too hard.

OMG! I LOVE it when dogs pose for the photograph!
Beautiful dog...beautiful shot!
(07-25-2012, 01:44 PM)Clone Wrote:
(07-25-2012, 01:41 PM)tvguy Wrote: That dog has intelligent eyesSmiling

OMG! I LOVE it when dogs pose for the photograph!
Beautiful dog...beautiful shot!

Thanks Clone, I really liked that shot also, and it was with my cell phoneBig Grin She is posing because she is focused on a snake that I stopped for. It was in the road and I didn't want it to get smashed.
I have to admit that when I went to grab his tail and fling him out of the road he scared the hell out of me striking and hissing VERY violentlyTwitch I wasn't as ready as I thought I was.

[Image: snakez.jpg]
I saw somebody nudging a snake off the road just the other day, using his foot. I have to confess the idea of saving a snake has never occurred to me like that.
(07-25-2012, 02:35 PM)tvguy Wrote: [Image: snakez.jpg]

Pituophis catenifer?
(07-25-2012, 02:43 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I saw somebody nudging a snake off the road just the other day, using his foot. I have to confess the idea of saving a snake has never occurred to me like that.

That's funny huh? Me the killer and you the treeguggerLaughingLaughing

Lots of people hate snakes or just fear them or just dislike them. I always move them out of the roads. It's a good instinct to have. Even knowing that thing was harmless he still had my adrenaline pumping.
He was a vicious little guy. Well not really that little.
I admit to having a snake phobia. While I quit killing them decades ago, snakes still make the hair stand up on the back of my neck on occasion. I can handle insects and spiders fine, but snakes creep me out.
(07-25-2012, 02:50 PM)Valuesize Wrote: [quote='tvguy' pid='219143' dateline='1343252127']

Pituophis catenifer?

Nah, I'm pretty sure it was a snakeRazz
(07-25-2012, 02:43 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I saw somebody nudging a snake off the road just the other day, using his foot. I have to confess the idea of saving a snake has never occurred to me like that.

And you have friends that, despite your warnings, drive right over the poor things!