Craigslist funny stuff
(10-28-2018, 09:31 AM)bbqboy Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 08:52 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 08:29 AM)bbqboyLW Wrote: Spoons! Old Lady dishdealer crap nobody wants.
Stop the madness!

It's funny how there are ALWAYS dishes and dish sets. ALWAYS.  But I never see anyone buying them.  But maybe they do sell??  There's a couple of old sets I used to have before it was "cool" or "vintage" that I kind of wish I had now.

Pyrex and other 50s-80s stuff sells now, some at high prices.
My experience is almost nothing pre atomic age sells anymore.

Well, lots of people take the time and effort to schlepp all those china and dishware sets around....they must have some success, because why else do it?
(10-27-2018, 08:52 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-27-2018, 12:57 PM)tvguy Wrote: Sterling silver??? If so how can it look like there is plating? BTW this has been on CL since Kennedy got shot.

Serling Silver Spoon Inventor Cherokee Syllabary WW1 Code Talker - $60  unhide

image 6 of 12
[Image: 00W0W_i7C7iUzAHof_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00k0k_7TaYBVbOEFb_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00P0P_2uI81QM6huh_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00000_8wUrDmqdCE0_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00S0S_6FsTMvrt4qa_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00G0G_25x2mOEw2CH_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 01616_l576TVDvcWr_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 01212_bN3hQzGLMIZ_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00j0j_bJOrysai3nr_600x450.jpg]

Galls Creek Road at Old Stage Road
(google map)
condition: good

more ads by this user
This spoon has been in the family for many years. The image of the gentleman on the handle is of Sequoya, the inventor of the Cherokee Alphabet or Syllabary. He served his people and the United States Military well as the Cherokee Language was used for Code Talking during World War 1. The image on the handle is of him pointing his finger to the scroll he fashioned with the alphabet on it. The spoon is for sell for $60. I have never found another anywhere representing this fellow. Oklahoma is also seen on the handle. There are definite signs of wear but I believe the uniqueness of this sterling silver spoon offsets any blemishes.
show contact info
I don't know much about precious metals but my first thought was it wasn't silver but silver plated.
Yes my thought exactly. It does say "sterling" but It sure looks plated to me.
(10-28-2018, 02:09 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 08:29 AM)bbqboyLW Wrote: Spoons! Old Lady dishdealer crap nobody wants.
Stop the madness!

It's funny how there are ALWAYS dishes and dish sets. ALWAYS.  But I never see anyone buying them.  But maybe they do sell??  There's a couple of old sets I used to have before it was "cool" or "vintage" that I kind of wish I had now.

Well, lots of people take the time and effort to schlepp all those china and dishware sets around....they must have some success, because why else do it?
LOL A lot of people post crap that doesn't sell and keep posting it for years. Stubborn old people.

A Gold hill lady has been trying to sell a ceramic match holder that has a baby on it for 19 years Razz

I see a lot of Noritaki dishware sets for sale. For a lot of money.
(10-28-2018, 02:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:
Stop the madness!

LOL A lot of people post crap that doesn't sell and keep posting it for years. Stubborn old people.

A Gold hill lady has been trying to sell a ceramic match holder that has a baby on it for 19 years Razz

Well, when I said "schlepp", I meant at shows and sales, not posting on Craigslist, even though I didn't say it, and it is the thread topic.  I was just thinking of the market in general after what BBQ said about pre and post atomic age goods.
(10-28-2018, 02:33 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 02:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-28-2018, 08:52 AM)Juniper Wrote: It's funny how there are ALWAYS dishes and dish sets. ALWAYS.  But I never see anyone buying them.  But maybe they do sell??  There's a couple of old sets I used to have before it was "cool" or "vintage" that I kind of wish I had now.

Well, when I said "schlepp", I meant at shows and sales, not posting on Craigslist, even though I didn't say it, and it is the thread topic.  I was just thinking of the market in general after what BBQ said about pre and post atomic age goods.

Got it Smiling I think dish wear is just something a LOT of people have that they don't need.
I exclude household items when I peruse CL but I still see a lot of dishes because they are posted under collectables or antiques.
The perfect gift to give to someone when you want their house to burn down.

Rustic Log Candle Holder - $15 (Gold Hill)

image 1 of 2
[Image: 00n0n_i6EpqvLWUTX_600x450.jpg]

[Image: 00n0n_i6EpqvLWUTX_50x50c.jpg][Image: 00r0r_idMhOWyy7iB_50x50c.jpg]

condition: new

Warm up your holidays with displaying this rustic maple log candle holder.
  •  
(11-04-2018, 12:35 PM)tvguy Wrote: The perfect gift to give to someone when you want their house to burn down.

image 1 of 2

•  

Laughing
(11-04-2018, 12:49 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(11-04-2018, 12:35 PM)tvguy Wrote: The perfect gift to give to someone when you want their house to burn down.

image 1 of 2

•  

Laughing

My wife made something very similar she and a friend made to sell at Christmas for the PTA. I had to supply the logs. As soon as I saw one I said it was a fire trap.
Anyway she put one on the mantel above the fireplace at our house. lit the candle house and...... you know the rest Laughing
(11-04-2018, 12:56 PM)tvguy Wrote: My wife made something very similar she and a friend made to sell at Christmas for the PTA. I had to supply the logs. As soon as I saw one I said it was a fire trap.
Anyway she put one on the mantel above the fireplace at our house. lit the candle house and...... you know the rest Laughing

It would certainly give you plenty of time to have a solid alibi.
(11-04-2018, 01:03 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(11-04-2018, 12:56 PM)tvguy Wrote: My wife made something very similar she and a friend made to sell at Christmas for the PTA. I had to supply the logs. As soon as I saw one I said it was a fire trap.

It would certainly give you plenty of time to have a solid alibi.

Besides $15 for one piece of firewood is pretty good if you can get it.
(11-04-2018, 12:56 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-04-2018, 12:49 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

image 1 of 2

•  

Laughing

My wife made something very similar she and a friend made to sell at Christmas for the PTA. I had to supply the logs. As soon as I saw one I said it was a fire trap.

Well, Geeez! You still have to put the candles in votives!
That’s how my wife burned up the bathroom, with those little glass candle holders from the neighbor’s votives party.
Glass broke, the liquid wax flowed out like lava, setting the Formica countertop aflame and thus the whole bathroom. Should have smoked dope in the garage instead. Smiling
We do not do candles in our house, not a fan of unsupervised open flames in the house.
(11-05-2018, 07:40 AM)GPnative Wrote: We do not do candles in our house, not a fan of unsupervised open flames in the house.

Same here. I have a few for power outage emergency. They've been in a box for about 15 years cause the power hasn't been out for more then a couple hours at a time.
(11-05-2018, 10:52 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 07:40 AM)GPnative Wrote: We do not do candles in our house, not a fan of unsupervised open flames in the house.

Same here. I have a few for power outage emergency. They've been in a box for about 15 years cause the power hasn't been out for more then a couple hours at a time.

We have a bag of tea lite candles kicking around the house somewhere for that purpose, but unless it was really an extended outage, we don't even use them for that now, with today's LED emergency lights, LED flashlights, LED lanterns, we have yet to have an outage that outlasted our LED lighting.
(11-05-2018, 05:19 AM)bbqboy Wrote: That’s how my wife burned up the bathroom, with those little glass candle holders from the neighbor’s  votives  party.
Glass broke, the liquid wax flowed out like lava, setting the Formica countertop aflame and thus the whole bathroom. Should have smoked dope in the garage instead.  Smiling

I had to do some rewiring at a house where the person went to work and left a candle burning in the bathroom. All the towels and stuff burned but the home owner was lucky and closed the bathroom door when she left.
The fire used all the oxygen in the room and put its self out.
Pretty amazing considering the ceiling was not Sheetrock. It was tongue and groove cedar.
(11-05-2018, 11:07 AM)GPnative Wrote:

We have a bag of tea lite candles kicking around the house somewhere for that purpose, but unless it was really an extended outage, we don't even use them for that now, with today's LED emergency lights, LED flashlights, LED lanterns, we have yet to have an outage that outlasted our LED lighting.

Not only are the LEDS better I bet they are cheaper than paying for wax to burn.

I have a few of these things.You can get one free if you buy something at Harbor freight. I usually buy work gloves and get one.

[Image: white-lavish-home-light-switches-m100031-64_1000.jpg]
(11-05-2018, 03:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 11:07 AM)GPnative Wrote:

Not only are the LEDS better I bet they are cheaper than paying for wax to burn.

I have a few of these things.You can get one free if you buy something at Harbor freight. I usually buy work gloves and get one.

[Image: white-lavish-home-light-switches-m100031-64_1000.jpg]

I got a few of those, freebies, and they come in real handy. Smiling
Speaking of HF, if you get their emails, you should eventually get a coupon for this little gem for $3.99

https://www.harborfreight.com/215-lumen-...63935.html

I am super impressed with it, I never expect much by way of HF quality, but from time to time I get pleasantly surprised. I love this little thing and the build quality feels great to me. I Plan on buying a few for Christmas gifts.
Ok, one more. This will have a coupon for $1.99 sometimes. For what it is, it is another $2 well spent. Super bright for it's size and rechargeable in the cigarette lighter. (yes, that's what I still call what kids these days would call 12v port or the phone charger plug) It just lives in my car, I'm out and about early, before sun up, so it comes in handy.

https://www.harborfreight.com/80-lumen-1...64109.html