Craigslist funny stuff
(04-11-2019, 01:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-11-2019, 12:18 PM)Cuzz Wrote: That's a fine example of amateur design and construction.   Eyebrows

I think you are kidding but IMO it really is. I give the guy a lot more credit than  a lot the whining woe is me homeless people who could probability learn from this guy.

That was just the best thing I could think of to say about it. I suppose I could have said functional too.

The OP seems to have a very high opinion of his creation. Perhaps a bit optimistic.
(04-11-2019, 03:15 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(04-11-2019, 12:18 PM)Cuzz Wrote: That's a fine example of amateur design and construction.   Eyebrows

I think you are kidding but IMO it really is. I give the guy a lot more credit than  a lot the whining woe is me homeless people who could probability learn from this guy.

That was just the best thing I could think of to say about it. I suppose I could have said functional too.

The OP seems to have a very high opinion of his creation. Perhaps a bit optimistic.
That's for sure Razz optimistic and questionable .. like.... The solar panel is worth 1000 dollars by its self

I'm not so sure about that. But I simply admire what he created out of nothing. I guess because I've spent my life doing the same.
(04-11-2019, 03:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:

That's for sure Razz optimistic and questionable .. like.... The solar panel is worth 1000 dollars by its self

I'm not so sure about that. But I simply admire what he created out of nothing. I guess because I've spent my life doing the same.

I do too. But unless it's intentionally temporary or "use once and throw away" I try to make it look decent too, I can't help myself.

And, 1000 watt solar panel?? does it even have enough room for that?
(04-11-2019, 04:19 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

I do too. But unless it's intentionally temporary or "use once and throw away" I try to make it look decent too, I can't help myself.

Yea, with a car, a wind turbine makes more sense. it would make electricity as you drove around.   Laughing

I try to make it look decent too... Right but sometimes one has to put necessity above aesthetics mostly because of how much money a guy has. And some like this guy could care less LOL

I think his solar panel is 100 watts but even so with two batteries and a 1500 watt inverter his system probably works well.
(04-11-2019, 05:06 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(04-11-2019, 01:36 PM)tvguy Wrote: I think you are kidding but IMO it really is. I give the guy a lot more credit than  a lot the whining woe is me homeless people who could probability learn from this guy.

Yea, with a car, a wind turbine makes more sense. it would make electricity as you drove around.   Laughing

I once had an apprentice who believed that and I had a hell of a time explaining why that's not true. Laughing
(04-11-2019, 05:49 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-11-2019, 03:15 PM)Cuzz Wrote: That was just the best thing I could think of to say about it. I suppose I could have said functional too.

I once had an apprentice who believed that and I had a hell of a time explaining why that's not true. Laughing

It would work until he drove under a low bridge or went through a drive through. Just don't expect a perpetual motion machine.
(04-11-2019, 06:43 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(04-11-2019, 05:49 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-11-2019, 03:54 PM)tvguy Wrote: That's for sure Razz optimistic and questionable .. like.... The solar panel is worth 1000 dollars by its self

It would work until he drove under a low bridge or went through a drive through. Just don't expect a perpetual motion machine.

I could not explain the fact that the electrical power from the wind was not free because the movement of the car was a result of power from gasoline.
Holy crap cell phones with auto correct and spell check have sure taken a toll on the written English language.

I clicked on the ad because I didn't know what a floor mate was. And didn't figure it out until I saw that it said CARPETED before "maps" Jesus H Christ are people stoopid or what Blink

Floor Mates - Dodge Ram - four door OEM - $19 (Medford)

Floor Mates OEM - Dodge Ram four door, I believe they fit years 2013-2018, maybe others.

Carpeted floor maps, used less than a month before replacing. Three pieces!

ASKING $19

This guys ad says..... Vintage Folk Art Dumb Waiter Cutout - $30

I took a few seconds, sent an email and said.. "A dumbwaiter is basically an elevator for food."

For that I got berated and called the Craigslist Monitor. I've sent similar emails before when the person was so far off with the description that no one doing a search would find the add and some people might even pass it by not knowing what the item actually was.
Most often I'm thanked. I guess people like this just assume I'm mocking them. I would not have been offended if someone sent the same email to me.  

[Image: 01616_6UoFGuaPKu4_600x450.jpg]
(04-30-2019, 05:07 PM)tvguy Wrote: This guys ad says..... Vintage Folk Art Dumb Waiter Cutout - $30

I took a few seconds, sent an email and said.. "A dumbwaiter is basically an elevator for food."

For that I got berated and called the Craigslist Monitor. I've sent similar emails before when the person was so far off with the description that no one doing a search would find the add and some people might even pass it by not knowing what the item actually was.
Most often I'm thanked. I guess people like this just assume I'm mocking them. I would not have been offended if someone sent the same email to me.  

Big Grin 
I think I'd have called it "vintage Jeeves butler folk art" Wink
(04-30-2019, 05:07 PM)tvguy Wrote: This guys ad says..... Vintage Folk Art Dumb Waiter Cutout - $30

Well....that's just "dumb". Big Grin

Just saw the same thing for $8, at the goodwill, next to Harbor Freight

I'm at a loss as to just what that thing is good for? Any clues?
Absolutely nothing!
Say it again!!
(05-02-2019, 03:56 AM)chuck white Wrote:

Just saw the same thing for $8, at the goodwill, next to Harbor Freight

Really? I guess it's not folk art then. Must been part of some kind of advertisement.
Well, this is interesting. CL now charges $5.00 for private party car ads.
And you have to have a credit card.
So I thought, I’ll put this car in barter.
Literally the whole category now seems to be cars from folks like me not willing to pay $$.
Off to FB marketplace, I suppose.
Too funny.
(05-19-2019, 10:10 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Well, this is interesting. CL now charges $5.00 for private party car ads.
And you have to have a credit card.
So I thought, I’ll put this car in barter.
Literally the whole category now seems to be  cars from folks like me not willing to pay $$.
Off to FB marketplace, I suppose.
Too funny.
Yes I just noticed the 5 dollar charge the other day when I listed a car. My car has no engine so I put it under auto parts. I might be missing a lot of potential buyers so I guess I'll pay the 5 to put it in Cars and Trucks

What's too funny is all the people too cheap to pay a lousy 5 bucks

Edit... I looked and yes there are more cars there than normal but not really that many. And almost all did say they were willing to trade for this that or the other.

Off to FB marketplace, I suppose

I don't know how or why but on FB I get a lot more idiots than CL LOL.  I constant get people asking if the item is still available and when I say yes I get no response.
People selling are just as bad or worse. They don't respond to a question for days or maybe never.
Have you tried the Let Go or Offer Up apps? Hubster has put a number of items on Offer Up and all have sold the same day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(05-19-2019, 02:30 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Have you tried the Let Go or Offer Up apps? Hubster has put a number of items on Offer Up and all have sold the same day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No but thanks. I don't usually have a problem with Craigslist. I think how fast you sell something depends mostly on the demand and having a fair price.
The adds that I see over and over on CL some for years are idiots who refuse to EVER lower their prices. When I am shopping and I see them I flag or hide the posts. You can do so with up to 2000 posts. That way I don't have to scroll past the same shit day after day.