Craigslist funny stuff
Hey where's GP? I know he would love to jump on this deal Razz Laughing Laughing

https://medford.craigslist.org/for/d/gra...65479.html
At that price it might as well be infused with real silver!
(03-24-2021, 06:01 AM)GPnative Wrote: At that price it might as well be infused with real silver!

Yeah for 400 bucks I'm pretty sure most people could heat with electricity a lot longer than with that wood.
(03-25-2021, 02:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 06:01 AM)GPnative Wrote: At that price it might as well be infused with real silver!

Yeah for 400 bucks I'm pretty sure most people could heat with electricity a lot longer than with that wood.

Pretty much. If I had to rely on buying wood, I would probably just use electricity at today's prices.  I have been blessed with enough dead and dying trees on my property over the years to be able to fill my woodshed each spring. This spring will be even busier as the fires last year burned half of my property.  Again, blessed to have spared my home, but there is a lot of cleanup to do. A lot of the fire moved quickly enough to take out the under growth and spare a good share of the trees, but not all of them.  ODF did a wonderful job staging around my house, and in the course of making a fire break, shoved down several good sized madrones.  I am in the process of cutting, splitting and stacking. Poor shed is about out of room.  I may consider selling some this coming winter.
(03-28-2021, 07:50 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:

Pretty much. If I had to rely on buying wood, I would probably just use electricity at today's prices.  I have been blessed with enough dead and dying trees on my property over the years to be able to fill my woodshed each spring. This spring will be even busier as the fires last year burned half of my property.  Again, blessed to have spared my home, but there is a lot of cleanup to do. A lot of the fire moved quickly enough to take out the under growth and spare a good share of the trees, but not all of them.  ODF did a wonderful job staging around my house, and in the course of making a fire break, shoved down several good sized madrones.  I am in the process of cutting, splitting and stacking. Poor shed is about out of room.  I may consider selling some this coming winter.

I've had the fortune, or misfortune (?), of watching fire crews up close several times. They always impress me how hard they work to save property, among their other efforts. Sorry we need them but damn glad we have them.

I'm glad too that your home was spared.

I just hauled in my 3rd load of fir rounds for this year. I always manage to find someone selling not to support themselves But just doing property work. I am in it $150 so far, by the time i split it i am guessing 2 cords. I agree though, id heat with electricty before paying $400 cord. When i get to the age where i cant or dont want to do this much firewood work, i will convert to pellet.

Glad to know you were pretty much spared from the fire. Big Grin
(03-28-2021, 12:17 PM)GPnative Wrote:

I just hauled in my 3rd load of fir rounds for this year. I always manage to find someone selling not to support themselves But just doing property work. I am in it $150 so far, by the time i split it i am guessing 2 cords. I agree though, id heat with electricty before paying $400 cord. When i get to the age where i cant or dont want to do this much firewood work, i will convert to pellet.
Tv, you didnt say anything above?
(03-29-2021, 05:42 AM)GPnative Wrote: Tv, you didnt say anything above?
Yeah I don't know what happened LOL. I was saying that I too find firewood really cheap or free. For my shop.
But I didn't even burn wood this year. I built a room inside my shop where I play music and hang out. With an AC/heat pump unit.
And as far as pellet stoves... I was talking to someone recently and they remarked how cheap pellet stoves were.
I thought what??? I bought mine used for a prayer but it cost 3000 new.
Anyway I looked on line and sure as hell they are a lot cheaper now Blink
What’s with the captcha now to reply?
I can’t even see the stupid pictures
THREE HUNDRED Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes This guy must be mental.
(04-05-2021, 07:05 PM)bbqboy Wrote: What’s with the captcha now to reply?

On your phone? Sometimes I fail and I can't see why. I think I know what a truck or a boat looks like Laughing Laughing
(04-05-2021, 07:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:

On your phone? Sometimes I fail and I can't see why. I think I know what a truck or a boat looks like
I got one a couple of days ago saying to click on all bicycles.. there was one Harley... zero bicycles! So I clicked the Harley and it was accepted. WTH? Since when is a motorcycle a bicycle?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(04-06-2021, 10:25 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(04-05-2021, 07:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:

On your phone? Sometimes I fail and I can't see why. I think I know what a truck or a boat looks like
I got one a couple of days ago saying to click on all bicycles.. there was one Harley... zero bicycles! So I clicked the Harley and it was accepted. WTH? Since when is a motorcycle a bicycle?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Laughing Laughing Yeah who knows
It's beyond stupid. CL is doing their best to become irrelevant.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz 

https://medford.craigslist.org/atq/d/gol...07887.html
(04-13-2021, 01:15 PM)tvguy Wrote: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz 

I would want to know if they find somebody to sell it too.
(04-14-2021, 05:55 AM)chuck white Wrote:

Sometimes you know they didn't because they will repost the add for YEARS .
For items to have value like this they need to be rare. Some things were manufactured by the tens of millions and still have little value, Sewing machines, toasters a lot of things I can't think of right now.
(04-14-2021, 02:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 05:55 AM)chuck white Wrote:

Sometimes you know they didn't because they will repost the add for YEARS .
For items to have value like this they need to be rare. Some things were manufactured by the tens of millions and still have little value, Sewing machines, toasters a lot of things I can't think of right now.

Yeah, and the movie industry already has warehouses full of props.