Frontline Plus Flea and Tick sucks!
I have a gripe and want to give pet owners a heads up. I've never had a problem with Frontline before but last week I bought 2 months supply for my two Jack Russell's and I'm very disappointed. It's not working.
I was told it was because of the weather and it was still working but the fleas eggs were hatching and that I should spray my yard. HUH? I have a huge yard! I've never experience this problem before. With the price we pay for this product it should work. It's suppose to kill the flea eggs too. I just googled (Frontline isn't working) and this is happening to a lot of people. The vet's office even told me a lot of customer's are complaining.
I just want to let people know to think twice before buying this product. It worked in the past but it's absolutely worthless now. I'm going to try Advantix. I'm pissed.
We use revolution, it's good for heart-worm too.
Everybody I know has been using Frontline for a few years now. Whenever everybody uses the same product so extensively as this, insects generally develop resistance to it, and eventually, the pesticide option no longer works - at least not nearly as well as it used to, and maybe not even at all.

I don't know that that's the case with Frontline, but it might be.
Get rid of your pets.. bang
(07-18-2012, 04:50 AM)hillclimber Wrote: Get rid of your pets.. bang

Why would I want to do that? :/
I posted about this a couple weeks ago. The flea season seems to be real bad this year. I ended up getting Sentry and it has worked great. And Rose still gets her heart worm meds. But my poor dog was getting eaten alive. And to be honest I am still vacuuming at least 2 times a day to make sure that I do not have them in my house.
(07-18-2012, 07:11 AM)blondemom Wrote: I posted about this a couple weeks ago. The flea season seems to be real bad this year. I ended up getting Sentry and it has worked great. And Rose still gets her heart worm meds. But my poor dog was getting eaten alive. And to be honest I am still vacuuming at least 2 times a day to make sure that I do not have them in my house.

Where do you buy Sentry? I see it has natural ingredients?
(07-18-2012, 07:29 AM)HoneyhalfWitch Wrote:
(07-18-2012, 07:11 AM)blondemom Wrote: I posted about this a couple weeks ago. The flea season seems to be real bad this year. I ended up getting Sentry and it has worked great. And Rose still gets her heart worm meds. But my poor dog was getting eaten alive. And to be honest I am still vacuuming at least 2 times a day to make sure that I do not have them in my house.

Where do you buy Sentry? I see it has natural ingredients?

I got it at Pet smart. And it was also on sale. It came recommended by my vet
Whatever you do DO NOT BUY the generic Kirkland brand of Frontline from Costco, the stuff is garbage. Costco was great about refunding the money but it was AWFUL. Am going to have to try Sentry.....
So do you guys also give your dogs something to prevent heartworm?
(07-18-2012, 12:46 PM)chuck white Wrote: So do you guys also give your dogs something to prevent heartworm?

yes I do. I give her heartgard. I have never had a flea problem with my dog until we moved into this new house and actually it didn't happen until that other dog showed up. But we had been in the house for about 6 weeks, we had started working on a shed, and started working on a section of yard, we had neighbors start cleaning up their yard. So we are not sure what caused it. But I think (I hope) we got it under control)
(07-18-2012, 12:46 PM)chuck white Wrote: So do you guys also give your dogs something to prevent heartworm?

I never have. But, I don't have madrone trees on my property, either.
(07-18-2012, 03:44 PM)PonderThis Wrote:

Is there a link between Madrone trees and heartworm disease?
Yes, Cletus. I've told this before. Smiling

The heartworm virus, at least locally, is carried by the Treehole Mosquito, which mostly breeds (locally, at least) in the crotches of madrone trees, where they hold water. My friend at Vector Control in Jackson County goes around and drills holes in the madrone trees with a big auger to drain those crotches. Being as how mosquitoes don't really travel very far from where they were hatched, the absence of madrone trees makes me not particularly worried about heartworm.

EDIT: Here's a search link, in case anyone questions this link between heartworm carrying mosquitoes and tree holes: http://www.google.com/search?client=safa...8&oe=UTF-8 Because I am surrounded by mostly pine and fir trees (species not inclined towards having treeholes or crotches that catch water) is why I feel I can be so cavalier about this pest which is very serious in other areas.
I dose my dogs for heart worm monthly. I use heartgard.
So you use two things, heartgard and frontline.

Revolution does both.
(07-18-2012, 04:13 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(07-18-2012, 03:44 PM)PonderThis Wrote:

Is there a link between Madrone trees and heartworm disease?

I'm in a area with lots of madrones, creeks, and people with many dogs, that are not so well cared for.
There are plenty of other vectors for heartworm than dogs anyway, so how well your neighbors treat their dogs is probably insignificant. Other vectors include at least foxes and coyotes.
(07-18-2012, 09:55 PM)chuck white Wrote: So you use two things, heartgard and frontline.

Revolution does both.

I do, because my dog has never had fleas before. And I had 5 months of heartgard.
What's funny is the only thing displayed at the vet is Frontline. Never a suggestion on any thing else. I'm going to take the unused drops back and see if I can trade. If they don't trade I may just go somewhere else. By the sound of the woman's comment's on the phone they know there's something wrong with this product.