A Reminder For Grocery Shopping
(07-22-2012, 01:17 PM)Simon Peter Wrote: I've been finding Earth Balance Natural spread in the fridge recently. It's pretty good, but I don't think the fat content is any less.

Probably not.
I think if I was going to add another reminder to grocery shopping it would be to check labels for HFCS. Unlike TV, I feel it's the ever present sugar in everything that is creating an entirely different species.
(07-22-2012, 01:52 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I think if I was going to add another reminder to grocery shopping it would be to check labels for HFCS. Unlike TV, I feel it's the ever present sugar in everything that is creating an entirely different species.

Just out of curiosity, I looked at the label on a box of Snackwells recently.
There was one GRAM less sugar than FLOUR.
That's some sweet shit, right there.
(07-22-2012, 01:52 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I think if I was going to add another reminder to grocery shopping it would be to check labels for HFCS. Unlike TV, I feel it's the ever present sugar in everything that is creating an entirely different species.

HFCS is the debil!!!!!!!
That and the colors added to packaged foods, and the chemicals.

Sometimes I really hate having kids that are chemically sensitive. But we learn to deal.

You may be right. Sugar, err corn syrup is everywhere. But usually we know when we are eating the sugar.Unlike fat that they sneak in to everything.
(07-22-2012, 02:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:

You may be right. Sugar, err corn syrup is everywhere. But usually we know when we are eating the sugar.Unlike fat that they sneak in to everything.

We do? Give me some examples.
(07-22-2012, 02:04 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Well um when you eat or drink sweet stuff you can pretty much guarantee it's full of sugar or HFCS.
(07-22-2012, 02:10 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-22-2012, 02:04 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Well um when you eat or drink sweet stuff you can pretty much guarantee it's full of sugar or HFCS.

Ah. Well I don't drink sweet stuff. I tend to drink ecoli shit but not often. At home I drink coffee or tea or ice tea and put sugar in myself. So my two teaspoons compared to 6 or something in a store bought drink. But try and find any product that doesn't have HFCS or barley malt extract added.