Great Day for the NRA!
(07-22-2012, 12:30 PM)tvguy Wrote: ANYONE who thinks that the shootings from our ghettos and our gangs that these counties we are compared to DON'T HAVE this problem are not significant than they are a stupid freaking idiot.

See, I told you, folks. The reason we don't have low gun murder rates in the U.S. like other countries do isn't the availability of guns, it's all those darn minorities we let in instead.
(07-22-2012, 12:09 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(07-22-2012, 12:04 PM)Larry Wrote:
(07-22-2012, 12:00 PM)TennisMom Wrote: In one year, PEOPLE murdered 35 in Australia, 39 in England and Wales, 194 in Germany, 200 in Canada, and 9,484 in the United States. http://bradycampaign.org/facts/

Fixed that for ya.....

Perhaps you'll show us some comparable massacres committed by lone individuals without the easy availability of guns then.

Apparently you have never heard of an IED or the Oklahoma bombing.
(07-22-2012, 12:33 PM)PonderThis Wrote: See, I told you, folks. The reason we don't have low gun murder rates in the U.S. like other countries do isn't the availability of guns, it's all those darn minorities we let in instead.

It's both. If you REALLY want to find the "REASON"You have to be a blind fool to leave out the huge percentage of shootings committed by a minority of our population.
(07-22-2012, 12:33 PM)tvguy Wrote: Apparently you have never heard of ... the Oklahoma bombing.

Apparently you've never heard of the strict controls that are put on Ammonium nitrate sales now, too. Versus, anybody can still buy assault weapons.
(07-22-2012, 12:37 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-22-2012, 12:33 PM)PonderThis Wrote: See, I told you, folks. The reason we don't have low gun murder rates in the U.S. like other countries do isn't the availability of guns, it's all those darn minorities we let in instead.

It's both. If you REALLY want to find the "REASON"You have to be a blind fool to leave out the huge percentage of shootings committed by a minority of our population.

This is racist BS, and I'm tired of hearing it.
(07-22-2012, 12:28 PM)Larry Wrote:
(07-22-2012, 12:23 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I see absolutely no need for assault weapons to be legal for the average Joe to own. Police? Maybe. Military? Sure. Joe Blow? No.

Define assault weapon.

I suppose I should have said "automatic or semi-automatic weapons"... not necessarily "assault weapons". Any gun that's sole purpose is to KILL as many as possible as fast as possible. You wouldn't need an "automatic or semi-automatic weapon" out hunting for food. You wouldn't need an "automatic or semi-automatic weapon" to protect your self or your family.
(07-22-2012, 12:39 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(07-22-2012, 12:33 PM)tvguy Wrote: Apparently you have never heard of ... the Oklahoma bombing.

Apparently you've never heard of the strict controls that are put on Ammonium nitrate sales now, too. Versus, anybody can still buy assault weapons.

You asked for someone show some comparable massacres committed by lone individuals .

I DID.
(07-22-2012, 12:45 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(07-22-2012, 12:23 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I see absolutely no need for assault weapons to be legal for the average Joe to own. Police? Maybe. Military? Sure. Joe Blow? No.

Define assault weapon.

I suppose I should have said "automatic or semi-automatic weapons"... not necessarily "assault weapons". Any gun that's sole purpose is to KILL as many as possible as fast as possible. You wouldn't need an "automatic or semi-automatic weapon" out hunting for food. You wouldn't need an "automatic or semi-automatic weapon" to protect your self or your family.

Automatics are already illegal. MANY people hunt with semi-auto rifles and shotguns. Almost all pistols sold anymore are semi-auto. You wish to ban almost all pistols and a reasonable weapon of choice for hunting?

As for self and family protection, you're damn right I would rather have a semi-auto. So, in your opinion, the only legal guns should be single shot?

And again I MUST point out that "hunting" is a favorite subject brought up by anti gun people, when the second amendment has ZERO to do with hunting.
(07-22-2012, 12:40 PM)PonderThis Wrote:

And I'm tired of hearing IDIOTS like you call me a racist when I show VALID reasons why America is not comparable to some other countries.

There is nothing racist about it. Facts are facts. WE have gangs an minorities that are the main reason for the high number of gun deaths in this country.

To not acknowledge that or admit that is the height of stupidity.
(07-22-2012, 12:53 PM)Larry Wrote:
(07-22-2012, 12:45 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Define assault weapon.

I suppose I should have said "automatic or semi-automatic weapons"... not necessarily "assault weapons". Any gun that's sole purpose is to KILL as many as possible as fast as possible. You wouldn't need an "automatic or semi-automatic weapon" out hunting for food.

Automatics are already illegal. MANY people hunt with semi-auto rifles and shotguns. Almost all pistols sold anymore are semi-auto. You wish to ban almost all pistols and a reasonable weapon of choice for hunting?

As for self and family protection, you're damn right I would rather have a semi-auto.

And again I MUST point out that "hunting" is a favorite subject brought up by anti gun people, when the second amendment has ZERO to do with hunting.

Like I said ,Scrapper is too ignorant about guns to enter this discussion and start saying what should be or shouldn't be legal
Oh, I dunno, TV, I'm pretty damn ignorant about weapons. I don't think I've shot a gun in 30 years.
(07-22-2012, 12:40 PM)PonderThis Wrote:

Annnnnd?????

But really, TV, I don't see your point.
Quote:Scrapper.... You wouldn't need an "automatic or semi-automatic weapon" to protect your self or your family

Really? You simply decided this bit of wisdom? what makes you the expert on what type of weapon Americans need to protect their family?

According to you I can only protect my family with revolvers or pump shotguns or bolt action rifles?

Great I'm certain that anyone I happen to be protecting myself from will also have the sameRolling Eyes
I have no problem with guns.
I have no problem with hunting... for food!

I don't see any need for Joe Blow to own guns that their sole purpose is to KILL as many as possible as fast as possible. It is asking for trouble.

That said... I have said before that my Hubby has his CC; he also collects guns; he has been an avid IPSC shooter. That doesn't change how I feel about Joe Blow being allowed to own "guns that their sole purpose is to KILL as many as possible as fast as possible".
(07-22-2012, 12:59 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Oh, I dunno, TV, I'm pretty damn ignorant about weapons. I don't think I've shot a gun in 30 years.

Then do you think you should learn something before you start making decisions about who should have what type of weapon?
Following that, most mass murders are committed by men. Perhaps only women should be allowed weaponry. We'll keep ya safe.
(07-22-2012, 01:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:
Quote:Scrapper.... You wouldn't need an "automatic or semi-automatic weapon" to protect your self or your family

Really? You simply decided this bit of wisdom? what makes you the expert on what type of weapon Americans need to protect their family?

According to you I can only protect my family with revolvers or pump shotguns or bolt action rifles?

Great I'm certain that anyone I happen to be protecting myself from will also have the sameRolling Eyes

I'm certain that she would rather those were off the table as well. Probably only single shot. Or black powder muskets....
Oh... and TVg... fuck off. Rolling Eyes
(07-22-2012, 01:02 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I have no problem with guns.
I have no problem with hunting... for food!

I don't see any need for Joe Blow to own guns that their sole purpose is to KILL as many as possible as fast as possible. It is asking for trouble.

That said... I have said before that my Hubby has his CC; he also collects guns; he has been an avid IPSC shooter. That doesn't change how I feel about Joe Blow being allowed to own "guns that their sole purpose is to KILL as many as possible as fast as possible".

But that's not what you said here:

Quote:I suppose I should have said "automatic or semi-automatic weapons"... not necessarily "assault weapons". Any gun that's sole purpose is to KILL as many as possible as fast as possible. You wouldn't need an "automatic or semi-automatic weapon" out hunting for food. You wouldn't need an "automatic or semi-automatic weapon" to protect your self or your family.
(07-22-2012, 01:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-22-2012, 12:59 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Oh, I dunno, TV, I'm pretty damn ignorant about weapons. I don't think I've shot a gun in 30 years.

Then do you think you should learn something before you start making decisions about who should have what type of weapon?

I don't know if I need to do that. I've been arguing this topic with myself for years. I lean towards pro gun and yet I'm a liberal with questionable political beliefs.LaughingLaughing