Let's all just get each other. (hey scrapper!)
(07-22-2012, 10:05 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-22-2012, 09:48 AM)PonderThis Wrote: With the exception of only a few, I'd label most here as "Esteemed & Valued Forum Poster". I don't see any purpose in spelling out the differences individually, either. It all seems so, what can I call it, Junior High in attitude.

You've already labeled quite a few here as low-level humans or people who lack consciousness.
You labeled anyone here with those accusations who hunts ,or serves in the military. Or people who observe veterans day as war mongers or people who glorify war and killing
Not to mention fishermen are people who like to torture animals for their own enjoyment.

Now you are going to sit here and claim you would label most here as "Esteemed & Valued" and expect anyone to believe this crap? Tia was just being honest, you sure as hell are not.

OK, so you're not on my Esteemed & Valued list. Satisfied?
(07-22-2012, 09:55 AM)Tiamat Wrote: It is. And illustrates how you missed the entire point of the thread. It's not about labeling. If everyone was esteemed and valued, we wouldn't see the petty snarks, the hurt feelings, the over sensitivity to any thread that differs from their own opinion. I was pretty sure it would be unwise to post such a thread because it would be taken as such. I was just trying to show that people all have their own forum personalities and we should just accept them and get over it. I should have gone with my first thought.

It's not about labeling... but you did.
And some were pigeonholed in a negative manner.
IMO, this thread is total B.S.
I certainly don't feel "pigeonholed" by Tia's inclusion of me in her list. I understand perfectly why she wrote what she did regarding my PERSONA on this forum. I also know that I am so much more than that. I also know that Tia knows that I am much more than you see here. We all are. So in the spirit that Tia intended, I am not offended.
(07-22-2012, 10:12 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(07-22-2012, 09:55 AM)Tiamat Wrote: It is. And illustrates how you missed the entire point of the thread. It's not about labeling. If everyone was esteemed and valued, we wouldn't see the petty snarks, the hurt feelings, the over sensitivity to any thread that differs from their own opinion. I was pretty sure it would be unwise to post such a thread because it would be taken as such. I was just trying to show that people all have their own forum personalities and we should just accept them and get over it. I should have gone with my first thought.

Your opinion is noted. Let's also note that neither you nor I get to decide what others choose to bring up as a topic. The choice you DO have, if you find the topic useless to you, is to back out on of it.
(07-22-2012, 12:15 PM)Larry Wrote: I certainly don't feel "pigeonholed" by Tia's inclusion of me in her list. I understand perfectly why she wrote what she did regarding my PERSONA on this forum. I also know that I am so much more than that. I also know that Tia knows that I am much more than you see here. We all are. So in the spirit that Tia intended, I am not offended.

She called you "conservative"! Eek!
Them's fightin' words! Eyebrows
(07-22-2012, 12:19 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(07-22-2012, 12:15 PM)Larry Wrote: I certainly don't feel "pigeonholed" by Tia's inclusion of me in her list. I understand perfectly why she wrote what she did regarding my PERSONA on this forum. I also know that I am so much more than that. I also know that Tia knows that I am much more than you see here. We all are. So in the spirit that Tia intended, I am not offended.

She said more than that. Some of which would be considered to be negative traits by others.

And therein lies the message.
I don't think everyone shares your opinion on 'petty snarks' and 'over-sensitivity'.
It sounds like an excuse to be mean and everyone else needs to buck up.
That, in my world, is not acceptance.
Well, yeah, acceptance by the snarky or 'overly sensitive' ones only!

Not you.
(07-22-2012, 12:27 PM)Clone Wrote:

And therein lies the message.
I don't think everyone shares your opinion on 'petty snarks' and 'over-sensitivity'.
It sounds like an excuse to be mean and everyone else needs to buck up.
That, in my world, is not acceptance.
Well, yeah, acceptance by the snarky or 'overly sensitive' ones only!

Why should they, Clone? Isn't that the point? We all have opinions. And guess what, they wont always agree. This wasn't meant to be snark thread. I fully expected to get replies like Ponder's, Snappers and Chris. And that's fine. That's the point in fact. In fact they came out and said exactly what they felt about me. About who my persona is. This thread is basically a fed up reply to how I feel when I don't post what is wanted. Like I said: QTIP!!!
(07-22-2012, 12:47 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Not you.

Says you. Rolling Eyes

Besides... does that make it okay?
(07-22-2012, 12:22 PM)Larry Wrote:

She said more than that. Some of which would be considered to be negative traits by others.

So effing what? Some people see others in a negative light. As has been clearly illustrated here. Remember, I posted this thread, because I was lumped into a "tough crowd". I didn't just post what you wanted to hear. I posted an alternative opinion.
(07-22-2012, 12:55 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

So effing what? Some people see others in a negative light. As has been clearly illustrated here. Remember, I posted this thread, because I was lumped into a "tough crowd". I didn't just post what you wanted to hear. I posted an alternative opinion.

?? Is that anger directed at me? I was agreeing with you, and I am not offended. My response to scrapper just pointed out your description of me was more than one word, as she suggested.
(07-22-2012, 01:01 PM)Larry Wrote:

?? Is that anger directed at me? I was agreeing with you, and I am not offended. My response to scrapper just pointed out your description of me was more than one word, as she suggested.

I was responding to Scrapper. Her assertion that some of the "labels" were pigeonholing and negative. To which I say: So effing what! You (Scrapper) don't have negative thoughts and pigeonholes of other posters? You (Larry)just got caught in a quote cascade. This thread was created after a hijack in the grocery shopping thread. A response to Scrapper's "Tough crowd" comment. You're (Larry)innocent crossfire. Sorry.
Oh my... is someone getting worked up? Rolling Eyes
Someone doesn't like someone else's opinion?!?! Eyebrows
Hmmmm... Dry
(07-22-2012, 01:07 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Oh my... is someone getting worked up? Rolling Eyes
Someone doesn't like someone else's opinion?!?! Eyebrows
Hmmmm... Dry

No. I don't mind your opinion at all. That's my point. I AM getting frustrated at the lack comprehension however. QTIP!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
There has to be someplace in the middle, where we can all sit at the table.
No one is without blame.
Come let us reason together.
I know I, for one, take things too seriously at times. On the other hand, when some of you disagree, you feel it necessary to insult me as a person as well as disagreeing with my opinion.
<

(she limps back to her corner, murmering: "Can't we all just get along?") Confused
(07-22-2012, 01:02 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(07-22-2012, 12:19 PM)Scrapper Wrote: She called you "conservative"! Eek!

I was responding to Scrapper. Her assertion that some of the "labels" were pigeonholing and negative. To which I say: So effing what! You (Scrapper) don't have negative thoughts and pigeonholes of other posters? You (Larry)just got caught in a quote cascade. This thread was created after a hijack in the grocery shopping thread. A response to Scrapper's "Tough crowd" comment. You're (Larry)innocent crossfire. Sorry.

I'm not really all that innocent...Wink

You should have included in your description of me that I am a damn good looking man... Now my feelings are hurt and I shall put you on ignore and hold my breath until you apologize.
(07-22-2012, 01:10 PM)Clone Wrote: There has to be someplace in the middle, where we can all sit at the table.
No one is without blame.
Come let us reason together.
I know I, for one, take things too seriously at times. On the other hand, when some of you disagree, you feel it necessary to insult me as a person as well as disagreeing with my opinion.
<

(she limps back to her corner, murmering: "Can't we all just get along?") Happy

I'm fairly certain Clone, that I disagree with you frequently and don't insult you personally. And if I ever have, or it felt that way, I apologize. And I notice you're saying what I started out trying to say in the first place.
(07-22-2012, 01:11 PM)Larry Wrote:
(07-22-2012, 01:02 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(07-22-2012, 12:22 PM)Larry Wrote: She said more than that. Some of which would be considered to be negative traits by others.

I'm not really all that innocent...Wink

You should have included in your description of me that I am a damn good looking man... Now my feelings are hurt and I shall put you on ignore and hold my breath until you apologize.

OK Mike.