Hey there everyone!
(08-17-2012, 10:59 AM)BeerMe Wrote:
(08-16-2012, 11:11 PM)Tiamat Wrote: But this brings up a good question: What are powerful, and what is the rest. I have images that stick in my mind from the show. Just stick there. Forever. Are they more favorite? Maybe not. But some scenes are indelibly marked.

"Who are you talking to right now? Who is it you think you see? Do you know how much I make a year? I mean, even if I told you, you wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to stop going into work? A business big enough that it could be listed on the NASDAQ goes belly up. Disappears! It ceases to exist without me. No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

The transformation from Season 1 Walter White to now is quite amazing......

That is very true. I mentioned it to my daughter who is way behind. (hasn't seen Gus die) I said something about how evil Walt has become.
(08-16-2012, 11:08 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(08-16-2012, 10:48 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-16-2012, 08:08 PM)Tiamat Wrote: That's your favorite scene?

It was powerful. At least two of us thought so and whoever decided to cut that piece out for youtube.

What is your favorite scene?

Well, you don't have to defend yourself. If it's your favorite....it's your favorite. I'm not sure it's mine. Come to think of it, I'm going to have think on it to discern a favorite scene.

I didn't say it was my favorite, That was Beerme. I said it was a poweful scene.

And yes I guess I was defending my logic for thinking so. Why wouldn't I after your response made it seem like you thought it very odd that someone thought ..

That was their favorite scene?

For some reason there is something about Walt's wife that I haven't liked since day one. I think I liked it when he manned up and got all up in her grillLaughing

And Yeah it solidified or made it obvious to anyone who still had not caught on that Walt was no longer the same person.
(08-17-2012, 07:10 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-16-2012, 11:08 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(08-16-2012, 10:48 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-16-2012, 08:08 PM)Tiamat Wrote: That's your favorite scene?

It was powerful. At least two of us thought so and whoever decided to cut that piece out for youtube.

What is your favorite scene?

Well, you don't have to defend yourself. If it's your favorite....it's your favorite. I'm not sure it's mine. Come to think of it, I'm going to have think on it to discern a favorite scene.

I didn't say it was my favorite, That was Beerme. I said it was a poweful scene.

And yes I guess I was defending my logic for thinking so. Why wouldn't I after your response made it seem like you thought it very odd that someone thought ..

That was their favorite scene?

For some reason there is something about Walt's wife that I haven't liked since day one. I think I liked it when he manned up and got all up in her grillLaughing

And Yeah it solidified or made it obvious to anyone who still had not caught on that Walt was no longer the same person.

Well, that's what you get for thinking TV.Razz

But I haven't met anyone who likes Skyler. She seems to universally creep people out.
Quote:Tia Well, that's what you get for thinking TV.Razz

Not my strong suiteBig Grin

Quote:But I haven't met anyone who likes Skyler. She seems to universally creep people out.

Good to know. Another great scene was when Walt( lying in the crawl space) found out his skanky wife gave all of his money to the idiot she slept withLaughing
I JUST finished catching up with BB. WTF????
(08-17-2012, 08:45 PM)Larry Wrote: I JUST finished catching up with BB. WTF????

Big Grin Catching up....where are you?
(08-17-2012, 09:28 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

I realized when I read this thread that I was 3 weeks behind on my DVR of Breaking Bad. That was yesterday. I caught up tonight.
(08-17-2012, 09:41 PM)Larry Wrote:
(08-17-2012, 09:28 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

I realized when I read this thread that I was 3 weeks behind on my DVR of Breaking Bad. That was yesterday. I caught up tonight.

I rewatched Sunday's show, because the first night I watched it, I so tired I didn't absorb it all. That's four kids hurt/killed because of Jesse's direct involvement. I think Jesse is the the weak card in the house of cards. I think he's going knock it down and because of the innocents. The harming of innocents does not go down easily for Jesse. And of course he doesn't even know the truth about his girlfriend. Probably never will.
Reigning political threads aside, this has become the de facto Breaking Bad thread. Auuuughh! 1 episode left. An 8 episode season. Torture.Sad
The "say my name" scene was the best scene of all. So far.
(08-30-2012, 08:21 PM)tvguy Wrote: The "say my name" scene was the best scene of all. So far.

Yeah? It was a great scene. Later, at the end, with just Mike and Walt at the side of the water, after the cash drop, captured me more. The acting on Cranston's face....incredible. You see the cracks in the facade of the Heisenburg alter ego he has created for himself. Heisenburg is not much more than skin deep. Bullied, failed, belittled Walt is right under the surface. I'm pretty sure that Jesse and Skyler are going to hook up to figure out how make their own bids for freedom from Walt and what it might take.
(08-30-2012, 08:29 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(08-30-2012, 08:21 PM)tvguy Wrote: The "say my name" scene was the best scene of all. So far.

Yeah? It was a great scene. Later, at the end, with just Mike and Walt at the side of the water, after the cash drop, captured me more. The acting on Cranston's face....incredible. You see the cracks in the facade of the Heisenburg alter ego he has created for himself. Heisenburg is not much more than skin deep. Bullied, failed, belittled Walt is right under the surface. I'm pretty sure that Jesse and Skyler are going to hook up to figure out how make their own bids for freedom from Walt and what it might take.

Nice review, I think I agree Mostly. But "heisnenburg" didn't fail. He got the better of mike and Jessie and he stood up to and got the better of the men who wanted the methlamene.
Sure Heisenberg is a fake Walt invented but the name itself has power and when Mike nodded and indicated it was true that Walt/Heisenburg killed Gus..... at that point Heisneburg won and became a reality and no longer just a name.

Walt is the one who failed, no more wife, son family. He beat cancer but now has nothing to live for.
But Heisengurg? not so much.
No, Heisenburg doesn't 'fail'. But how far will he succeed. It's an alter ego. Can he be as successful as what he is envisioning?
(08-30-2012, 09:13 PM)Tiamat Wrote: No, Heisenburg doesn't 'fail'. But how far will he succeed. It's an alter ego. Can he be as successful as what he is envisioning?

Who knows, it's all up to the writers.
When I poll men, they like that Say my name line best. It's like a very testosterone sort of thing to say and men relate to it, and admire it.
To me, that's not what attracts me overall. It's a great line. But it's part of an over arcing story line that headed towards.....nothing good.
What is "Breaking Bad"?
Is there a "Breaking Good"?
"Breaking Even"?
Breaking "Just Okay"?
Just "Breaking"?
"I'm broke"?

I understand it's a TV show. My antenna must not be tall enough.

I just hope it does not threaten "The Rockford Files".
Southwest slang phrase "to break bad," meaning to challenge conventions, to defy authority and to skirt the edges of the law.

Rockford files don't stand a chance.
Speaking of Breaking Bad....

(09-01-2012, 09:05 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Speaking of Breaking Bad....

Pardon my language (or not) that was fucking awesome.
Saying something is fucking awesome is not the same as telling someone fuck you either.