Do You Want Other RVF Members to Admire You
Laughing Well do ya? Sometimes I just blurt out whatever I'm thinking and don't even spell check, so I guess my desire to appear intelligent is somewhat limited. Still, I don't want you to think I'm illiterate so sometimes I try, really I do.

Then there are those posters that like to correct punctuation. I wonder what their motivation is. Mostly I guess they want to look more educated than me. They probably are, so what. Anyway, I guess the answer to my question for me is that I don't really care all that much what most of you think of me.

I do however want tornado boy to know that even late in the evening at a cocktail party, none of his assertions would make a lick of sense. Also, because I breast fed till I was around eleven years old I think it gave me an intellectual edge. Now please continue doing whatever it was you were doing before I distracted you with this topic.
Not really, but they all do anyways. Admired and adored. It is my curse.
(07-26-2012, 01:35 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Laughing Well do ya? Sometimes I just blurt out whatever I'm thinking and don't even spell check, so I guess my desire to appear intelligent is somewhat limited. Still, I don't want you to think I'm illiterate so sometimes I try, really I do.

Then there are those posters that like to correct punctuation. I wonder what their motivation is. Mostly I guess they want to look more educated than me. They probably are, so what. Anyway, I guess the answer to my question for me is that I don't really care all that much what most of you think of me.

I do however want tornado boy to know that even late in the evening at a cocktail party, none of his assertions would make a lick of sense. Also, because I breast fed till I was around eleven years old I think it gave me an intellectual edge. Now please continue doing whatever it was you were doing before I distracted you with this topic.

Confused
(07-26-2012, 01:35 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Laughing Well do ya? Sometimes I just blurt out whatever I'm thinking and don't even spell check, so I guess my desire to appear intelligent is somewhat limited. Still, I don't want you to think I'm illiterate so sometimes I try, really I do.

Why quit at 11? Isn't that when it starts to be more than a meal? Anyway you know me, for me it's ALL about garnering admiration. The affect is slow but sure, I grow on people. In a few years if Leon has has not died from utter disgust at American life we will be drinkin buddies. Ponder and I will be noodling giant catfish.
And Clone and I will search barter fairs for the best deals on Patchouli oils and dream catchers.

As far as those who want to look more educated than you, Ever notice how the test scores on "the forum how smart are you" quizzes show dubious results as reported by our posters?
I wonder how many people saw MY low score and thought, hey that's what I REALLY scored good think I didn't post that Laughing
Until I get new glasses, I'm not gonna do any judging. Smiling
(07-26-2012, 01:35 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Then there are those posters that like to correct punctuation. I wonder what their motivation is. Mostly I guess they want to look more educated than me. They probably are, so what. Anyway, I guess the answer to my question for me is that I don't really care all that much what most of you think of me.

Mostly, I guess that I have to work harder at forgetting about acquiring your love, admiration and respect, Cletus.

Dagnabbit, hubby is getting sick and tired of consoling me while I sob giant tears onto his tee shirt lamenting over and over: "All I want is Cletus to care!!" Razz

[/sarcasm]
(07-26-2012, 01:35 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Also, because I breast fed till I was around eleven years old I think it gave me an intellectual edge.

Not by the same woman I hope.
Respect would be a better term. But respected by those I respect is more accurate.
Interacting with Simon, OL, and Toronado is not high on my goals in life agenda.

Okay. You already know I'm dumber than a sack of hair so I got nothing to lose. For instance:
Clete, I see your post as intuitive, probing, clever, and containing all kinds of subtle remarks. Most folks do care what others think of them. I would guess most of us want to be liked, and even respected as BBQ suggests. In face to face social settings we generally accept this as the rule. Somehow, in cyberspace we seem to lose our footing.

You didn't distract me a bit with this post. It's grist for the mill, and could spark thinking people to mull over the behavior we display here. All except for me of course. I have the Jerk Gene and must be excused for my sorry ass ranting.

Run for something Clete. I'll vote for you.

PS: I was NOT breast fed. They tossed a fried pork chop in the box where I was swaddled and said if I lived it was meant to be. If not, well, life is hard. So I'm thinking it was the hand of God that saved me. I must be destined for great things. Or not.
(07-26-2012, 04:22 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Respect would be a better term. But respected by those I respect is more accurate.
Interacting with Simon, OL, and Toronado is not high on my goals in life agenda.

But that is not the OP. You might be smart enough to start a thread about respect. I am not saying you are that smart, so if your not please forgive me..

BBQBoyraper said : Let me just say that I am respected by those I respect.
Simon Says: Was your daddy Bidden....yeah, your just that stupid.
(07-26-2012, 05:24 PM)Simon Peter Wrote:
(07-26-2012, 04:22 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Respect would be a better term. But respected by those I respect is more accurate.

But that is not the OP. You might be smart enough to start a thread about respect. I am not saying you are that smart, so if your not please forgive me..

I wonder what kind of neighborhood you grew up in, Simon.
Where I come from, if one man said to another, "Yeah, you're just that stupid", they would be assholes and elbows in the parking lot real quick.

PS: We all make mistakes with the language Simon, and I more than most. But in a sentence where you are calling someone stupid you might want to use the correct form of the contraction "you are". Just a thought. I don't' think for a minute you are stupid. Poorly informed and without critical thinking skills perhaps, but not stupid.
I really don't care. Those that know me personally know who I am and what I stand for...and most like me just the way I am, good enough for me. Smiling
(07-26-2012, 05:39 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(07-26-2012, 05:24 PM)Simon Peter Wrote:

I wonder what kind of neighborhood you grew up in, Simon.
Where I come from, if one man said to another, "Yeah, your'e just that stupid", they would be assholes and elbows in the parking lot real quick.

PS: We all make mistakes with the language Simon, and I more than most. But in a sentence where you are calling someone stupid you might want to use the correct form when shortening "you are". Just a thought. I don't' think for a minute you are stupid. Poorly informed and without critical thinking skills perhaps, but not stupid.

Long Beach California and Charleston Oregon is where I grew up. BBQ is STUPID, FLACCID AND A CHiCKEN SHIT. (How is my spelling Wonky?)

EDIT: would love to continue the conversation, but I have a night dive and some fish to kill. Peace out.
Quote: Wonker.. in a sentence where you are calling someone stupid you might want to use the correct form of the contraction "you are". Just a thought

You would be correct if the subject was ignorance. It wasn't, the subject was stupidity.
You know as well as I do that some people spend their life reading and writing and others work with their hands and instead of writing or reading about something... they actually do somethingLaughing
That is not a put down although It sure sounds like oneLaughing

Anyway SP is correct and I thought the same thing. respect is respect, admiration is admiration.
BBQ is a little bitch IMO and he fired a shot at SP. it's how he rolls. his M.O if you will. He got a response in kind.

So Wonky in my opinion for you to gloss over barbie and comedown so hard om SP is a bit hard for me to understand.
(07-26-2012, 06:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:
Quote: Wonker.. in a sentence where you are calling someone stupid you might want to use the correct form of the contraction "you are". Just a thought

You would be correct if the subject was ignorance. It wasn't, the subject was stupidity.
You know as well as I do that some people spend their life reading and writing and others work with their hands and instead of writing or reading about something... they actually do somethingLaughing
That is not a put down although It sure sounds like oneLaughing

Anyway SP is correct and I thought the same thing. respect is respect, admiration is admiration.
BBQ is a little bitch IMO and he fired a shot at SP. it's how he rolls. his M.O if you will. He got a response in kind.

So Wonky in my opinion for you to gloss over barbie and comedown so hard om SP is a bit hard for me to understand.

So, I should have left well enough alone?
I reckon.
I like you almost as much as I like your dog, TVg, but if we are bellied up to the bar and you seriously call me stupid, you are gonna have an old man slipping inside your punch length and slapping' you up along side the head.
I had no interest in defending BBQ. My attention was on Simon.

And, If I was Barbie I'd be looking you up right about now for the remarks you made to him. But that's between the two of you.

The tone on this place just gets out of hand and it should change. It won't, I know. We all hide behind the protection of this virtual space. All this freedom and no responsibility.
Ah ha! So I guess you are all mostly smart people. Cool, I think my opinions matter too. I should have posted this as a response to TVguys post, sorry. Smiling
(07-26-2012, 07:33 PM)Wonky Wrote: So, I should have left well enough alone?
I reckon.
I like you almost as much as I like your dog, TVg, but if we are bellied up to the bar and you seriously call me stupid, you are gonna have an old man slipping inside your punch length and slapping' you up along side the head.
I had no interest in defending BBQ. My attention was on Simon.

And, If I was Barbie I'd be looking you up right about now for the remarks you made to him. But that's between the two of you.

The tone on this place just gets out of hand and it should change. It won't, I know. We all hide behind the protection of this virtual space. All this freedom and no responsibility.

That is because you are a man of honor. I admire that.
That he'd be giving you a swift punch in the nose?
How can I be insulted by Simon when his opinion means nothing to me other than as forum fodder to spoof?
I was just trying to figure out how to say without judging, "Learn your damn homonyms already!" Smiling