Dear Ponder: Have an Extra Plot of Land Up There?
(07-28-2012, 05:52 AM)blondemom Wrote: You can call the power company and see what the average bill for the address is to find out how much it runs. If you are thinking about buying it spend the money to have it inspected, or at least have a friend that can look at it for you also.

The power company will give out personal data like that?
Not any more. They used to do that years ago.
(07-28-2012, 06:07 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(07-28-2012, 05:52 AM)blondemom Wrote: You can call the power company and see what the average bill for the address is to find out how much it runs. If you are thinking about buying it spend the money to have it inspected, or at least have a friend that can look at it for you also.

they will give you the average for the property. They will not give you exact usage.
(07-28-2012, 06:20 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Not any more. They used to do that years ago.

All she has to say is I am thinking about buying the property at XYZ address, can you give me what the average bill is. They will then sit there and say the average bill for XYZ address is $151.67. They will not tell you which month is the highest or the lowest. Just what the average bill is. When we were looking at buying this house we were in we called and got the average usage for both gas and electric to see how well insulated the houses were even.
The last time I tried something like that they declined, saying they no longer would. Might have to do with the power company.
(07-28-2012, 06:07 AM)chuck white Wrote:

(07-28-2012, 06:20 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Not any more. They used to do that years ago.

Yes, they do. I called on several homes we were looking at before we moved last month. They will tell you the high, the low and the average for the previous 12 months. I did that with Electric, Gas and Water.
When I'm wrong, I must be wrong. Smiling
I find that to be an invasion of my privacy. I think I'll inquire of my neighbors usage
Sure they will tell you average usage. Also how often the previous owners bathed and how full of wine bottles their recycle bin is on average. Also whether or not they were card carrying dope growers with concealed carry permits.
It's all in how you talk to PP&Ls customer service people.
(07-28-2012, 04:10 PM)tvguy Wrote: Sure they will tell you average usage. Also how often the previous owners bathed and how full of wine bottles their recycle bin is on average. Also whether or not they were card carrying dope growers with concealed carry permits.
It's all in how you talk to PP&Ls customer service people.

I just flash them my home land security ID and they tell me anything.
[Image: chucksID.png]
We finally had an appointment to meet with the woman who owns this trailer at 4:15 PM today to see the inside.
She called at 12:15 saying she had an unexpected doctor's appointment today and for us to call her back tomorrow to arrange another time.
The trailer is still listed in the paper.
We don't know what to think.
Maybe it's a message from the gods, eh?
So sad...we drove across their bridge with the big No Trespassing to Non-Residents bridge and checked out their private Rogue River beach access.
I swear, it's nicer than Riverside Park.
(07-31-2012, 12:45 AM)Clone Wrote: We finally had an appointment to meet with the woman who owns this trailer at 4:15 PM today to see the inside.
She called at 12:15 saying she had an unexpected doctor's appointment today and for us to call her back tomorrow to arrange another time.
So sad...we drove across their bridge with the big No Trespassing to Non-Residents bridge and checked out their private Rogue River beach access.

So did you decide to call her today and see the place?
(07-31-2012, 03:56 PM)blondemom Wrote:
(07-31-2012, 12:45 AM)Clone Wrote: We finally had an appointment to meet with the woman who owns this trailer at 4:15 PM today to see the inside.

So did you decide to call her today and see the place?

We decided to let her stew for a day.
She's already called bright and early this morning, leaving a message for us to PLEASE call her to make an appointment.
(07-31-2012, 04:24 PM)Clone Wrote: We decided to let her stew for a day.

Big Grin
(07-31-2012, 04:24 PM)Clone Wrote: We decided to let her stew for a day.
She's already called bright and early this morning, leaving a message for us to PLEASE call her to make an appointment.

Have you stayed in touch with Tim? He had a mobile home for sale in this same price range a while back. He could tell you what the owner would sell this for and why. I could be wrong as I have no idea how old it is, but if is of a certain age I'm guessing they just don't want to pay someone to get rid of it..... No offence meant, it's just what I have been told. Wink