all this talk
(07-30-2012, 08:32 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-30-2012, 03:36 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(07-30-2012, 02:14 PM)BeerMe Wrote: Yes, let's punish the employees of this business and burn it to the ground.
The employees can find another job. I mean its fast food for crying out loud.

I fired my mechanic after he made a snide remark about my Obama sticker and I found another doctor that was not a Christian after I got sick of the fucking angels hanging from the ceiling in the waiting room and the Christian literature on the tables, so I'm right with you BeerMe.

Are angels like bats? They hang on the ceiling when they get tired. Far out man.
No, the angels were plastic and hanging from strings. Anyway, thanks for agreeing with me in the other post. Are you willing to spend money with businesses with owners that financially support and vote against your own interests? I am not.

Don't you also think that many businesses actually try to encourage people to do business with them by making statements on social issues and or by putting religious symbols on their signs? IMO, if you want your conservative cult members to patronize your place, then be ready for those that don't share your views to not patronize your place.
I was getting tires in a local tire shop when I glanced out at their signboard, which read "A ROSE FOR YOU". I didn't really care if they gave me a rose or not, but I figured that must be some kind of special which went with a tire change or something (which, I was getting, $6000 worth actually). So when it came time to pay, I asked what the special was with the roses. He looked puzzled at first, then pointed out that I could only see part of the sign from inside. It actually said "CHRIST DIED AND A ROSE FOR YOU".

I didn't get my rose, and I never went back again, either. Smiling
(07-31-2012, 06:04 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(07-30-2012, 02:14 PM)BeerMe Wrote: Yes, let's punish the employees of this business and burn it to the ground.

I fired my mechanic after he made a snide remark about my Obama sticker and I found another doctor that was not a Christian after I got sick of the fucking angels hanging from the ceiling in the waiting room and the Christian literature on the tables, so I'm right with you BeerMe.

Are angels like bats? They hang on the ceiling when they get tired. Far out man.
No, the angels were plastic and hanging from strings. Anyway, thanks for agreeing with me in the other post. Are you willing to spend money with businesses with owners that financially support and vote against your own interests? I am not.

Don't you also think that many businesses actually try to encourage people to do business with them by making statements on social issues and or by putting religious symbols on their signs? IMO, if you want your conservative cult members to patronize your place, then be ready for those that don't share your views to not patronize your place.

(07-31-2012, 06:04 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

Any business that alienates some people just to suck up to the others is foolish IMO.
There used to be some Joker in Central Point with a pawn shop who loved to advertise what a right wing ahole he was.
I love pawnshops, they have interesting stuff. I've bought lots of items from the OTHER ones.
I went in to this guys shop ONE time and never went back.

There was a Ferry operator in Eastwood's "Outlaw Josie Wales" movie at the end of the civil war . He said..
You know in my line of work you gotta be able either to sing "The Battle Hymn Of The Republic" or "Dixie" with equal enthusiasm.

IMO If you have any sense, that pretty much sums it up for any bidness.Smiling
I refuse to go back to a restaurant that had me sit next to a Bush/Cheney sign once. Food wasn't that good either.
At a gardening show I had a booth at, a couple of times I wore a conspicuous button that read "Farms, Not Arms". I felt it noticeably decreased sales. Sad
It may not be the best business decision to post your political views at your business, then again, Rush Limbaugh.
...then again, Rush Limbaugh?
Explain please?
(07-31-2012, 08:19 PM)bbqboy Wrote: ...then again, Rush Limbaugh?
Explain please?

Really?
(07-31-2012, 07:10 PM)Crazylace Wrote: It may not be the best business decision to post your political views at your business, then again, Rush Limbaugh.

"Unless your business IS your political view" (For BBQ)
....or Don Imus? He certainly paid a price.
(07-31-2012, 08:32 PM)Larry Wrote:
(07-31-2012, 08:19 PM)bbqboy Wrote: ...then again, Rush Limbaugh?
Explain please?

Really?

Well, we were talking retail businesses.
Haven't checked to see how much Rush was helped or hurt by last Spring's
dustup.
For me, when someone, whether a business or an individual, trumpets something to the world via bumper stickers, or signs or tweets or Facebook.... they are all trying to get the world to see them in a particular light. BUT, IMHO, I think the real truth is that MOST of the rest of us don't care whether you are gay, or you are liberal, or you are a cowboy, or you are Christian or you are horny... and we are quite happy NOT knowing.

The mere fact that you feel the need to tell everyone your position on these things, REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE POSITION IS, speaks volumes.

Now I see that there is going to be a big rally for the Chick-Fil-A supporters:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/08/01/c...ation-day/

I bet that is going to be quite a collection of morons. And the media will be right there taping the most moronic of it.
I avoid Bank of America.
(08-01-2012, 06:52 AM)chuck white Wrote: I avoid Bank of America.

Aren't they charming with all the illegal foreclosures they did? I laughed my butt off when they were ordered to pay out billions for their chicanery in the subprime mortgage fiasco. It's utterly incredulous that one of the largest banks in the nation is bailed out by the federal government with billions of TARP money and then they have the audacity to illegally foreclose on their customers and proliferate more of their dastardly, dirty deeds!
Very interesting read on CNN about other business
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/24...?hpt=hp_t2
Hobby Lobby I knew about, and I knew about the part about Wal-mart but not so much about the others.
(07-31-2012, 07:10 PM)Crazylace Wrote: It may not be the best business decision to post your political views at your business, then again, Rush Limbaugh.

Rush Limbaugh YUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK! LOL!
[Image: 387141_10150981475856872_883136603_n.jpg]
[Image: article-2182139-14559F9F000005DC-837_634x399.jpg]

Chick-fil-A fans fight back: Thousands swarm drive-through lanes to support fast food chain at center of gay marriage firestorm

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z22MTOvd3A
They do seem to know their market, don't they?

I looked online today, their closest restaurant is some 300 miles or so from Medford (in Roseville, CA). Maybe they should open one here too. Smiling
Chicken marriages are not 'One rooster and one hen, it's one rooster and 15 hens'
We could learn a lot from chickens.