And Furthermore....
How can I be a hypocrite when I call it how I see it, and I live my life according to my beliefs too?
(07-31-2012, 01:07 PM)PonderThis Wrote: How can I be a hypocrite when I call it how I see it, and I live my life according to my beliefs too?

WOW!! Larry's right you really are dense, REALLY dense. I couldn't possibly have explained it any better, sober up or stop smoking dope until you can comprehend what I said.
(07-31-2012, 12:58 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-31-2012, 11:05 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Most people don't take pride in being bigoted.

Most people don't have a large stick so far up their ass that they don't know joking when they hear it.

Besides dumbass, look up the word bigot.

Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot, defined by Merriam-Webster as "a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices

Fits you like a glove. YOU are intolerantly devoted to your own opinions more than most on here . Anyone who differs is by YOUR OWN words is a low-level human, VETERAN... a person who glorifies war , FISHERMAN.. a person who tortures animals for their own enjoyment SOLDIER.... person who has no consciousness and couldn't get a job in civilian life. A Policeman.. a bully

The TRURTH, Read it and weep you full of shit hypocrite.

It was fun till you came along. Get a life TROLL and stay out of mine.

With all due respect, I am new around here so I freely admit that I am unfamiliar with historical posts and the such. I am flabbergasted how this thread wound up with such disparaging remarks about veterans and soldiers. Am I missing something here?
(07-31-2012, 02:03 PM)TheComebackKid Wrote:
(07-31-2012, 12:58 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-31-2012, 11:05 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Most people don't take pride in being bigoted.

Most people don't have a large stick so far up their ass that they don't know joking when they hear it.

Besides dumbass, look up the word bigot.

Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot, defined by Merriam-Webster as "a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices

Fits you like a glove. YOU are intolerantly devoted to your own opinions more than most on here . Anyone who differs is by YOUR OWN words is a low-level human, VETERAN... a person who glorifies war , FISHERMAN.. a person who tortures animals for their own enjoyment SOLDIER.... person who has no consciousness and couldn't get a job in civilian life. A Policeman.. a bully

The TRURTH, Read it and weep you full of shit hypocrite.

It was fun till you came along. Get a life TROLL and stay out of mine.

With all due respect, I am new around here so I freely admit that I am unfamiliar with historical posts and the such. I am flabbergasted how this thread wound up with such disparaging remarks about veterans and soldiers. Am I missing something here?

Ponder hates anything military or who hurt squirrels and fish. Its his thing.
I think if people were really smart they would refuse to participate in war. I'm not saying individual soldiers aren't brave, but I'm saying it's all a needless waste that could have been avoided if people just refused to participate. I also don't understand the thinking behind being willing to kill other humans on command, without them ever having done something to you personally, merely on orders from above. Call me naive and idealistic, I still don't see it. Sorry.
(07-31-2012, 03:04 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I think if people were really smart they would refuse to participate in war. I'm not saying individual soldiers aren't brave, but I'm saying it's all a needless waste that could have been avoided if people just refused to participate. I also don't understand the thinking behind being willing to kill other humans on command, without them ever having done something to you personally, merely on orders from above. Call me naive and idealistic, I still don't see it. Sorry.

It's not about what you think. You missed my entire point. It's about how you put down OTHERS if they don't think or act like YOU and then you have the never to call ME a bigot when it should be obvious I was joking .:wacko:
You always say it's joking when you talk about bigotry, or say something else derogatory, that's why. Oh, it was only a joke. Ha ha. I get it now. Ha ha.
Quote: ='PonderThis' pid='220475' dateline='1343772250']
I think if people were really smart they would refuse to participate in war.

Admit it, you mean "people" as "smart" as you . Not everyone knows all that you do. Not everyone knows that we don't need borders or we don't need to own land.

Quote:I'm not saying individual soldiers aren't brave,

You have said they lack consciousness and must have something wrong with them to even want to be a soldier.
You even go so far as to look down on veterans and even ME for glorifying war all because I build and enter a float in a Veterans day parade.

Now you throw us a bone and say you not saying individual soldiers aren't brave???

WOW that's really big of you.

Quote:but I'm saying it's all a needless waste that could have been avoided if people just refused to participate.

That's not all you say you lying jackass

Quote:I also don't understand the thinking behind being willing to kill other humans on command, without them ever having done something to you personally, merely on orders from above. Call me naive and idealistic, I still don't see it. Sorry.

Yes you are naive and idealistic, for sure. And NO you don't understand how everyone thinks. But you do think if they don't think like you they are all scum and you constantly degenerate soldiers, hunters or AMAZINGLY EVEN PEOPLE WHO SPORT FISH:wacko::wacko::wacko: because you are naive and idealistic.
You sure do take things personally when I take a position, don't you? Laughing

It's like you can't stand for someone to think differently than you, and then openly talk about it.
(07-31-2012, 05:30 PM)PonderThis Wrote: You always say it's joking when you talk about bigotry, or say something else derogatory, that's why. Oh, it was only a joke. Ha ha. I get it now. Ha ha.

You jump on any chance you can to accuse me of being a racist or a bigot just like you did here.
Of course I'm not and if you weren't so desperate you wouldn't have once again tried to make me something I'm not.

I haven't said anything that isn't said jokingly on national prime time TV every day. AndThis is basically an uncensored forum. If I did I really don't give a shit if some white snob with a grudge wants to make something out of nothing.
(07-31-2012, 05:36 PM)PonderThis Wrote: You sure do take things personally when I take a position, don't you? Laughing

It's like you can't stand for someone to think differently than you, and then openly talk about it.

No. What it's like is having some punk ass little bitch in your face calling you names when you were simply having fun. Now you are just upset that I exposed the real POnder to NEW forum members for the odd FREAK you have shown yourself to be .
Go away little bitch. If you don't like what I say about you.. and you don't, they leave me alone.
Not a chance, with an attitude like that.
(07-31-2012, 06:16 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Not a chance, with an attitude like that.

You came to this thread where I was joking and posted to denigrate me. And now there's no chance of you leaving me alone because of MY attitude?

Go find a soldier and spit in his face Mr. "no chance" my guess is that it won't be the first time.
I've never spit in a soldiers face, but I might consider it on yours*.

*Only joking, of course. Smiling
Well Ponder, I have spoken of my son's in the Army before, and you wished death upon them. To give you slack would be sacriligious to me, and I ain't even religious. I wish you could meet them, and tell them in person your views about them, their decisions, and their motivations. It would be quite a lively "debate".
good kids
(07-31-2012, 07:52 PM)Larry Wrote: Well Ponder, I have spoken of my son's in the Army before, and you wished death upon them. To give you slack would be sacriligious to me, and I ain't even religious. I wish you could meet them, and tell them in person your views about them, their decisions, and their motivations. It would be quite a lively "debate".

I'm sure it's his baptist up bring.
(07-31-2012, 10:42 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(07-31-2012, 07:52 PM)Larry Wrote: Well Ponder, I have spoken of my son's in the Army before, and you wished death upon them. To give you slack would be sacriligious to me, and I ain't even religious. I wish you could meet them, and tell them in person your views about them, their decisions, and their motivations. It would be quite a lively "debate".

I'm sure it's his baptist up bring.

OK - now I am totally lost. What does someone having been raised a Baptist have to do with disliking the military?
Isn't those people who picket the military funerals baptist?
(08-01-2012, 06:54 AM)chuck white Wrote: Isn't those people who picket the military funerals baptist?

Correct. The difference is that the Baptist people who picketed the military funerals do it because they are trying to protest homosexuality. Apparently, they believe the US Military advocates homosexuality.

Seemingly so, the poster here doesn't like the military because he thinks they are war mongerers dedicated to killing people needlessly.

Am I making any sense? I just wondered why being raised Baptist would influence one's perception as soldiers being dishonorable people.