And Furthermore....
(07-31-2012, 07:52 PM)Larry Wrote: Well Ponder, I have spoken of my son's in the Army before, and you wished death upon them.

And your proof of this is ?

(Actually, you've accused me of this before, and you couldn't back it up then, either. However, it is very true that you yourself have wished death upon all and every Muslim, right here on the forum.)
There are those here who remember. Back in the days when you could go back and delete your posts. You know it, I know it, several others here know it. I just wanted to make sure the new guy knew it.
It's an outright lie. I never wished death on your children.

I may have said other things that were anti-military, but I have never wished death on anyone. For one thing, because that sort of thing is negative energy, and I don't like projecting that sort of thing.

Now, does America "deserve" to have her own sovereignity invaded, the way we do to other countries where we go in uninvited and kill people? Absolutely, just so we'd understand more readily what we're doing to others. That's as close as I've come, and that's merely an issue of empathy, not wishing death on anyone.
(08-01-2012, 07:49 AM)PonderThis Wrote:
(07-31-2012, 07:52 PM)Larry Wrote: Well Ponder, I have spoken of my son's in the Army before, and you wished death upon them.

(Actually, you've accused me of this before, and you couldn't back it up then, either. However, it is very true that you yourself have wished death upon all and every Muslim, right here on the forum.)

(08-01-2012, 09:18 AM)Larry Wrote: There are those here who remember. Back in the days when you could go back and delete your posts. You know it, I know it, several others here know it. I just wanted to make sure the new guy knew it.

Larry... Larry... Larry... [Image: tsk.gif]
I have NEVER seen PonderThis wish death upon your child... or any RVF member's children.
The ONLY members that I have EVER seen actually wish death on another human being is JC/HamSammich... and YOU (when you wished death upon Muslims).
(08-01-2012, 09:29 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(08-01-2012, 07:49 AM)PonderThis Wrote:

(08-01-2012, 09:18 AM)Larry Wrote: There are those here who remember. Back in the days when you could go back and delete your posts. You know it, I know it, several others here know it. I just wanted to make sure the new guy knew it.

Larry... Larry... Larry... [Image: tsk.gif]
I have NEVER seen PonderThis wish death upon your child... or any RVF member's children.
The ONLY members that I have EVER seen actually wish death on another human being is JC/HamSammich... and YOU (when you wished death upon Muslims).

Dang this place is replete with flame wars!!!
Unfortunately, yes. Especially when I first came here, it was replete with posters telling newcomers it wasn't really proper for new people to post however it was they did, or perhaps they were so green they should just sit back and watch for awhile, or telling them they'd punch them in the nose if they said such a thing in person, etc. I've seen it be worse. Smiling
(08-01-2012, 11:13 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Unfortunately, yes. Especially when I first came here, it was replete with posters telling newcomers it wasn't really proper for new people to post however it was they did, or perhaps they were so green they should just sit back and watch for awhile, or telling them they'd punch them in the nose if they said such a thing in person, etc. I've seen it be worse. Smiling

End of the day everyone has their own chosen paradigm in how they interact with others. Had anyone told me to remain silent at the threat of getting my nose punched should they run across me in person, I would find it utterly ridiculous, bizarre and laughable!

It's been my personal experience that the anonymity of the Internet affords some people a certain bravado that enables them to say things in the written word that they would not have the guts to say to someone in person!

Make sense??
(08-01-2012, 11:35 AM)TheComebackKid Wrote:
(08-01-2012, 11:13 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Unfortunately, yes. Especially when I first came here, it was replete with posters telling newcomers it wasn't really proper for new people to post however it was they did, or perhaps they were so green they should just sit back and watch for awhile, or telling them they'd punch them in the nose if they said such a thing in person, etc. I've seen it be worse. Smiling

End of the day everyone has their own chosen paradigm in how they interact with others. Had anyone told me to remain silent at the threat of getting my nose punched should they run across me in person, I would find it utterly ridiculous, bizarre and laughable!

It's been my personal experience that the anonymity of the Internet affords some people a certain bravado that enables them to say things in the written word that they would not have the guts to say to someone in person!

Make sense??

Absolutely. Some of us here are who we are... here and in person. Some of us have actually met (and become good friends)... some of us have posted photos (in order to take away other people's assumed power when they have stalked you and then tried to hold personal information over you). Unfortunately, being hidden behind a keyboard makes some people act like morons though.
So...hard...to...not...type...must...be...good...
[Image: MSN-Emoticon-angel-050.gif]
(08-01-2012, 12:50 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Make sense??

Absolutely. Some of us here are who we are... here and in person. Some of us have actually met (and become good friends)... some of us have posted photos (in order to take away other people's assumed power when they have stalked you and then tried to hold personal information over you). Unfortunately, being hidden behind a keyboard makes some people act like morons though.

It shows what people are like. You know when my daughter was graduating from basic. There was a group from the MTF that are here now that offered to pay for my trip to go out and see her graduate. Also that same group (that is here now) also had a adopt a family at Christmas time.

It can also show the worst in people. It can show when people are being snide, just like in any other type of situation, you have the little cliques
(08-01-2012, 12:55 PM)broadzilla Wrote: So...hard...to...not...type...must...be...good...

Like that is not saying something.
Disingenuous, at best.
(08-01-2012, 02:13 PM)Clone Wrote:
(08-01-2012, 12:55 PM)broadzilla Wrote: So...hard...to...not...type...must...be...good...

Disingenuous, at best.

I enjoyed the injection of humor which I might add is very fitting and appropriate given the belligerant tone the thread was going! Thanks!

By the way, how are you doing today???
(08-01-2012, 01:12 PM)blondemom Wrote:

Make sense??

It shows what people are like. You know when my daughter was graduating from basic. There was a group from the MTF that are here now that offered to pay for my trip to go out and see her graduate. Also that same group (that is here now) also had a adopt a family at Christmas time.

It can also show the worst in people. It can show when people are being snide, just like in any other type of situation, you have the little cliques

I wholeheartedly concur with both posters. Interestingly enough, the prevailing school of thought is that there should not be a disconnect between personas that one projects on the forum boards vs. the private person you meet in real life. In simplest terms, they way they talk (diction, turn of phrase, tone, sense of humor or lackthereof, formality vs informality) should not vary much!
(08-01-2012, 02:47 PM)TheComebackKid Wrote:

Make sense??

I wholeheartedly concur with both posters. Interestingly enough, the prevailing school of thought is that there should not be a disconnect between personas that one projects on the forum boards vs. the private person you meet in real life. In simplest terms, they way they talk (diction, turn of phrase, tone, sense of humor or lackthereof, formality vs informality) should not vary much!
I have friends here that I am friends with in other places. I have a wicked since of humor, but I am also a very loyal friend. I try very hard to stay out of the petty bickering but to be honest it doesn't always work. But for the most part with me, what you see is what you get.
(08-01-2012, 03:05 PM)blondemom Wrote:
(08-01-2012, 02:47 PM)TheComebackKid Wrote:
(08-01-2012, 11:35 AM)TheComebackKid Wrote: End of the day everyone has their own chosen paradigm in how they interact with others. Had anyone told me to remain silent at the threat of getting my nose punched should they run across me in person, I would find it utterly ridiculous, bizarre and laughable!

Make sense??

I have friends here that I am friends with in other places. I have a wicked since of humor, but I am also a very loyal friend. I try very hard to stay out of the petty bickering but to be honest it doesn't always work. But for the most part with me, what you see is what you get.

WSIWYG - what you see is what you get. I like acronyms (always have for that matter). Ms BlondeMOM - you sound like a great friend! Like you, I value loyalty above all other traits in any interpersonal relationship. Trust is key and essential in platonic friendships as well as romantic ones! Of course, romantic ones are the most fun (for obvious reasons)!! OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH
LLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LAAAAAAAAAAA!
smh
(08-01-2012, 04:19 PM)Clone Wrote: smh

Praytell what does SMH stand for???? Please advise. Thanks!
(08-01-2012, 02:13 PM)Clone Wrote:

Disingenuous, at best.

Oh, geez...I was trying to break the tension in the thread...GOI.[Image: surprised-023.gif]
(08-01-2012, 04:24 PM)TheComebackKid Wrote:

Shaking my head?
(08-01-2012, 04:47 PM)broadzilla Wrote:
(08-01-2012, 04:24 PM)TheComebackKid Wrote:

Shaking my head?

So it seems that is the most viable option given the use of emoticons! For that matter, I like emoticons but I never use them personally.