Why People Cave in to Extremist Ideas That Were Once Unthinkable
Allowing the president of the United States to act as judge, jury and executioner for suspected terrorists, including U.S. citizens, on the basis of secret evidence is impossible to reconcile with the Constitution’s guarantee that a life will not be taken without due process of law.

Under the law, the government must obtain a court order if it seeks to target a U.S. citizen for electronic surveillance, yet there is no comparable judicial review of a decision to kill a citizen. No court is even able to review the general policies for such assassinations. . . .

But if the United States is going to continue down the troubling road of state-sponsored assassination, Congress should, at the very least, require that a court play some role, as the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court does with the electronic surveillance of suspected foreign terrorists. Even minimal judicial oversight might make the president and his advisors think twice about whether an American citizen poses such an “imminent” danger that he must be executed without a trial.

http://www.alternet.org/world/why-people...684627&t=5
I agree 100% with the excerpt. I did not click on the link.
Larry...don't you know in response to something you agree with you are supposed to post things like...

[Image: MSN-Emoticon-applause-004.gif]
(08-02-2012, 10:20 AM)broadzilla Wrote: Larry...don't you know in response to something you agree with you are supposed to post things like...

Only for the illiterate or lazy.
(08-02-2012, 10:10 AM)Larry Wrote: I agree 100% with the excerpt. I did not click on the link.

Goes to show the value of a good excerpt, doesn't it. You might learn something from that.
(08-02-2012, 10:20 AM)broadzilla Wrote: Larry...don't you know in response to something you agree with you are supposed to post things like...

Don't you have something to do?

[Image: pick_your_nose-2190.gif]
(08-02-2012, 01:00 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

LaughingLaughingLaughing

About as much as some.
(08-02-2012, 01:00 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

[Image: MSN-Emoticon-show-ass-107.gif]