I Love This Forum
I really do. I have a need to say what I think and people get offended when I do it at parties, family gatherings, and at functions that I am still invited to. Long live the RVF.Big Grin
So you think we aren't offended? Big Grin
Hey TVguy, Ill see you in the morning at my new thread titled. What Does it Feel like to Be a Crybaby? Maybe the forum can respond on the subject of tolerance and looking away. Rolling Eyes
(03-22-2013, 09:38 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Hey TVguy, Ill see you in the morning at my new thread titled. What Does it Feel like to Be a Crybaby? Maybe the forum can respond on the subject of tolerance and looking away. Rolling Eyes

That's offensiveRazz
PUI again..??
(03-23-2013, 07:29 AM)oregon 67 Wrote: PUI again..??
You mean now?
(03-23-2013, 08:54 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
You mean now?

You mean... still? Razz
(03-23-2013, 09:02 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
You mean now?

You mean... still? Razz

Shhhh...no one is supposed to know Clete has one of those in his backyard...Ninja
(03-23-2013, 09:09 AM)broadzilla Wrote:
(03-23-2013, 09:02 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
You mean now?

You mean... still? Razz

Shhhh...no one is supposed to know Clete has one of those in his backyard...Ninja

Clete has a still ? WOOW HOO . Home brew. No wonder he has quit arguing so much.
(08-06-2012, 08:57 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I really do. I have a need to say what I think and people get offended when I do it at parties, family gatherings, and at functions that I am still invited to. Long live the RVF.Big Grin

Ain't that a kick in the head!

We can say here what we can't say at "parties, family gatherings, and at functions that I'm still invited to".

Clete you are one of the most likeable guys here, and a very cordial and interesting lunch companion. I wonder if that quoted comment is satire, irony, The Onion like humor, or your honest and forthright view. I wonder, because I know you to be bright, socially aware, responsible and generous.

Just curious. Either way, it's a telling comment. Not often at "parties, family gatherings, and other functions do I hear folks telling one another to fuck off you idiot, and the many other hostile offerings here that have to go unchallenged due to the "virtual skirt" we can hide behind.

I enjoy this forum too. But I'm tiring of the goofy ranting posts and immediate replies that distract from what any reasonable observer would see as adult conduct.

I'm so very happy you are a long standing member of this forum. We agree that this space can be a wonderful venue, providing at absolutely no cost a blank page on which we can offer whatever we want.

I'd like to love it as much as you do.
(03-23-2013, 09:47 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(08-06-2012, 08:57 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I really do. I have a need to say what I think and people get offended when I do it at parties, family gatherings, and at functions that I am still invited to. Long live the RVF.Big Grin

We can say here what we can't say at "parties, family gatherings, and at functions that I'm still invited to".

Clete you are one of the most likeable guys here, and a very cordial and interesting lunch companion. I wonder if that quoted comment is satire, irony, The Onion like humor, or your honest and forthright view. I wonder, because I know you to be bright, socially aware, responsible and generous.

Just curious. Either way, it's a telling comment. Not often at "parties, family gatherings, and other functions do I hear folks telling one another to fuck off you idiot, and the many other hostile offerings here that have to go unchallenged due to the "virtual skirt" we can hide behind.

I enjoy this forum too. But I'm tiring of the goofy ranting posts and immediate replies that distract from what any reasonable observer would see as adult conduct.

I'm so very happy you are a long standing member of this forum. We agree that this space can be a wonderful venue, providing at absolutely no cost a blank page on which we can offer whatever we want.

I don't believe Clete is guilty of any of those things. As far as I've seen, he has always been one of our more reasonable posters.

[Image: wrong-tree.jpg]
I like the forum too. I feel like it's a place where we can reflect and then write. And even correct what we write before publishing and unleashing to the public.

I sometimes feel that the media and news reports are inspired from this site because one day something is posted and a couple of days latter it is in the news, be it how factual or not.Neutral

Well Wonk most of my posts contain an element of satire if you hadn't noticed. Occasionally my posts are pure unadulterated, nonsensical, whimsical, poppycock but it gives me something to do in the morning and when its cold outside. Smiling
(03-23-2013, 10:10 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

I don't believe Clete is guilty of any of those things. As far as I've seen, he has always been one of our more reasonable posters.

[Image: wrong-tree.jpg]

A more careful reading might reveal that I didn't suggest Clete posted any of the more outlandish posts I mentioned. In fact, I expressed my admiration for his behavior here. My point was not about Clete, but a take on the title of his post. But, I can understand how you might of seen my comments as "barking up the wrong tree". I try to be clear, but my writing skills often expose my lack of formal education. I'll continue to work on that. Sorry if I mislead you.
(03-24-2013, 08:24 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Well Wonk most of my posts contain an element of satire if you hadn't noticed. Occasionally my posts are pure unadulterated, nonsensical, whimsical, poppycock but it gives me something to do in the morning and when its cold outside. Smiling

Of course I'm aware you "Occasionally post pure unadulterated, nonsensical, whimsical, poppycock". We all enjoy your sometimes whimsical nature. And I also appreciate your more serious stuff too. Your posts about religion and the conflicts faith based beliefs in government (and society in general) have been grist for the mill evoking good conversation. Your "Good Morning" Topic is long running for all the right reasons...I like it and use it often.
I used the title of your post to sound off on the things I too love about this forum, but even more, the things I feel will be the death of this place.
If turning around your positive post to a negative one has made you angry, I am truly sorry. It was an opportunity I didn't want to let pass.
I never pass on making Cletus angry either. Smiling
(03-24-2013, 08:47 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(03-24-2013, 08:24 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Of course I'm aware you "Occasionally post pure unadulterated, nonsensical, whimsical, poppycock". We all enjoy your sometimes whimsical nature. And I also appreciate your more serious stuff too. Your posts about religion and the conflicts faith based beliefs in government (and society in general) have been grist for the mill evoking good conversation. Your "Good Morning" Topic is long running for all the right reasons...I like it and use it often.
I used the title of your post to sound off on the things I too love about this forum, but even more, the things I feel will be the death of this place.
If turning around your positive post to a negative one has made you angry, I am truly sorry. It was an opportunity I didn't want to let pass.
Thanks Wonk. I like the Good Morning topic as well. I'll try to remember to post there in the am. Don't worry about making me angry. I don't get angry easily, and I seldom about anything that happens here. Enjoy your day.Smiling
[Image: 20031110-Pooh-Bear-Group-Hug.gif]