Impulse Buying
(08-08-2012, 01:01 PM)chuck white Wrote: Casini Ranch campground is a nice place, As I recall it a little past Monte Rio. cross the bridge and come back up the river.
We used to camp out on 'odd fellow beach'. There is a lot of river area that is accessible.

Yep, kinda bittersweet for me.
My folks used to stay at the Thousand Trails site at Duncan's Mills.
My boys and I loved going to visit them when they had their trailer there,
(08-08-2012, 01:11 PM)Clone Wrote:
(08-08-2012, 01:01 PM)chuck white Wrote: Casini Ranch campground is a nice place, As I recall it a little past Monte Rio. cross the bridge and come back up the river.
We used to camp out on 'odd fellow beach'. There is a lot of river area that is accessible.

Yep, kinda bittersweet for me.
My folks used to stay at the Thousand Trails site at Duncan's Mills.
My boys and I loved going to visit them when they had their trailer there,

Whatever, Clone. The decision was made, the money spent, and the plans are now complete. Just have a really good time. (Be safe, do all things in moderation, and let the vibes energize your passion).
(08-10-2012, 08:10 PM)Wonky Wrote: Whatever, Clone. The decision was made, the money spent, and the plans are now complete. Just have a really good time. (Be safe, do all things in moderation, and let the vibes energize your passion).

And, best of all, we will be visiting with some sons on Sunday. Either hang out on the river or ride over to Goat Rock/Jenner on the coast...just a few miles away.
It will be lovely.
Not Josh, though, he will be in Qatar. Neutral
Have a blast! Say hey to Taj for me. Bring me back a rock! Cool
(08-10-2012, 08:14 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Have a blast! Say hey to Taj for me. Bring me back a rock! Cool

Can't do Taj, he's the second day. We're doing the first day, the Jazz Festival. David Sanborn, George Benson, Tower of Power & Brian Culbertson.

I'll try to remember the rock!
Holy Crap, George Benson?!!
I'm sooo green.
(08-10-2012, 08:19 PM)Clone Wrote:
(08-10-2012, 08:14 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Have a blast! Say hey to Taj for me. Bring me back a rock! Cool

Can't do Taj, he's the second day. We're doing the first day, the Jazz Festival. David Sanborn, George Benson, Tower of Power & Brian Culbertson.

I'll try to remember the rock!

George Benson is just a flat out genius! (Tempted to use two exclamation marks but I don't do that). He too, is getting older. Hope he is well, rested, and ready to take you on a trip of pure musical delight. Like so many on this planet I have lots of his cuts, and while I don't fire them up every day I fold myself into his wonderful phrasing from time to time. In a perfect world, he would be a 1% guy.
So do you have blow up mattresses to sleep on or are you just going to REALLY rough it and sleep on the ground? I have a couple if you need them.
George Benson?
I had a 45 by George back in the day, is this the same guy?
(08-10-2012, 08:47 PM)HoneyhalfWitch Wrote: So do you have blow up mattresses to sleep on or are you just going to REALLY rough it and sleep on the ground? I have a couple if you need them.

We have air mattresses which we plan to put on cots.Laughing
It's the gettin' down on the ground that we hated about tents.
Now we have a Coleman Instant Up with a T Door instead of a D door with a 6' center height and are looking for a good deal on cots.
Now we can camp anywhere there aren't yurts. Big Grin
We've just about managed to get it all..you know, the stove, the pans, the lantern, the water jug over the last couple years.
I think we're actually becoming campers at this advanced age.
It's either that or Motel 6 and I hate Motel 6.
I always think of crack whores when I stay in one.
Yuck.
(08-10-2012, 08:50 PM)broadzilla Wrote: George Benson?
I had a 45 by George back in the day, is this the same guy?

Yep, same guy.Wink
I like best his instrumental offerings. I think he may have been one of the 1st to use that "falsetto" vocal style, and not my favorite sound.
But ah, his getting around on the strings!

Nice...and Carlos had a lot of hair on top! Smiling