111 degrees at my house!
wowzerTwitch. That's 111 in the shade pointing my most excellent and accurate laser thermometer at things in the shade that have not been in the sun.

My garden has been baking for days. I was going to bring that up in the garden thread. It's just too hot for many of my plants regardless of how much water I use.
(08-12-2012, 05:55 PM)tvguy Wrote: wowzerTwitch. That's 111 in the shade pointing my most excellent and accurate laser thermometer at things in the shade that have not been in the sun.

My garden has been baking for days. I was going to bring that up in the garden thread. It's just too hot for many of my plants regardless of how much water I use.

Except my green beans and peppers. They are doing just fine. Nothing else though.
Yes I know exactly what you are talking about. My plants burned up, my tree's are dropping leaves like it is fall, and my grass is brown. I am excited because I think we have only 2 or 3 more days of temps over 100 and Thursday a 40% chance of rain
Are you pointing you thermometer with a laser pointer through a window.
The laser doesn't measure the temperature, it just points at where the IR sensor is looking.
(08-12-2012, 06:02 PM)chuck white Wrote: Are you pointing you thermometer with a laser pointer through a window.

no
Oh, yes.. It's going to be Fair Week here in GP. That means it must hotter than Hades, seems they always coincide.
(08-12-2012, 06:17 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Oh, yes.. It's going to be Fair Week here in GP. That means it must hotter than Hades, seems they always coincide.

Yep...you're right.
We're lucky so far, though.
There are three fires burning in Lake County, CA right now.
One being at Hwy 20 at Hwy 54.
Major traffic jam...in the heat.
(08-12-2012, 06:17 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Oh, yes.. It's going to be Fair Week here in GP. That means it must hotter than Hades, seems they always coincide.

To be honest... it's not like they're having any entertainment worth seeing any way. Rolling Eyes
Oh, I never go.. I just know it's gonna be hot this week. Cool
Just got out of the pool, it's nicest when the sun goes down. The temp difference is not such a shock on your body.
(08-12-2012, 08:03 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Oh, I never go.. I just know it's gonna be hot this week. Cool

I don't' do the fair but Jo county usually seems cooler than Jax Co. This year being an exception.
(08-12-2012, 07:52 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

To be honest... it's not like they're having any entertainment worth seeing any way. Rolling Eyes

I haven't gone since we've been here, but I confess I do like browsing all the preserves and pies and vegetables and sewing.
Not to mention the 4H animals.
Last year I bought some of the 4H beef at Cartwrights...it was so delicious.
(08-12-2012, 05:55 PM)tvguy Wrote: wowzerTwitch. That's 111 in the shade pointing my most excellent and accurate laser thermometer at things in the shade that have not been in the sun.

Get a new thermometer TVguy.Smiling
(08-12-2012, 10:32 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

Get a new thermometer TVguy.Smiling

I think mine is fine. It was 106 degrees in Medford yesterday and live in the Agate Desert.