Please Light a Candle for Bowe
Or keep him in your thoughts and prayers...I've had a candle burning for much of the past three years and I make it a point to bring him up occasionally.

Apparently there is some kind of activity going on because today:

(AP) President Barack Obama called the parents of an American prisoner of war to assure them that he and the U.S. Department of Defense were doing everything in their power to free Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl three years after his capture in Afghanistan.

[Image: 297576_10151082673870750_1596829692_n.jpg]

He's a strong young man...he has survived being held prisoner for three years. He even, apparently, managed to escape once but was once again captured.

Please light a candle for Bowe. Please. He needs to come home to his family in Idaho.

[Image: 423428_10151082944570750_283296110_n.jpg]

Bring Bowe Bergdahl Home on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bring-...5831760749
John McCain survived the horrors of imprisonment. None of his father's prisoners did (Except for me). They were thrown out of planes, over The South China Sea. Planes flown by naval aviators, like McCain.
A candle? I read up on this and our administration says they are doing everything they can possibly do.
They even tried a prisoner trade but that deal fell apart.
(08-13-2012, 07:41 AM)tvguy Wrote: A candle? I read up on this and our administration says they are doing everything they can possibly do.
They even tried a prisoner trade but that deal fell apart.

Yes, a candle.
You see, unlike you, I can somewhat relate to what his parents are going through.
Somewhat.
It is not very comforting to read 'our administration says they are doing everything they possibly can'.
There is absolutely nothing wrong, in fact it is honorable, to keep this young man in the forefront before he becomes forgotten.
But, lighting a candle is just, for lack of a better word, religious... yucky.
(08-13-2012, 12:48 PM)Larry Wrote: But, lighting a candle is just, for lack of a better word, religious... yucky.

The OP says: 'Please Light a Candle for Bowe' or keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
I, myself, use candles to help visualize and as a reminder.

You know, this place is so sad.
The few who respond say nothing about good wishes for Bowe or encouragement to his family....my poor choice of revealing my candle thang draws scorn instead

I REALLY have to stop throwing my pearls to the swine.

Would you believe I felt this was something we could ALL agree on?

Ha.
(08-13-2012, 01:07 PM)Clone Wrote:
(08-13-2012, 12:48 PM)Larry Wrote: But, lighting a candle is just, for lack of a better word, religious... yucky.

The OP says: 'Please Light a Candle for Bowe' or keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

The few who respond say nothing about good wishes for Bowe or encouragement to his family....my poor choice of revealing my candle thang draws scorn instead

Ha.

Oh, I'm sure they are sorry for pissing on your parade. Probably as sorry as you are for your leftists turds behavior on Larry's thread honoring a fallen friend?

http://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/sh...#pid221287
My name is nowhere near that post.
You are one of the people that excuses your own bad behavior by comparing it to others.
You obviously didn't have a good mother like I did.
This is why I wish we still had the ability to remove threads.
(08-13-2012, 01:22 PM)Clone Wrote: My name is nowhere near that post.
You are one of the people that excuses your own bad behavior by comparing it to others.

Just pointing out that you excuse your counterparts bad behavior while trying to condemn those you disagree with.
Bowe wrote to his parents that he was "ashamed to even be American". Then he went AWOL in a time of war.
Let him rot where he is or bring him back to be hung by the neck until dead.
(08-13-2012, 01:35 PM)Simon Peter Wrote: Bowe wrote to his parents that he was "ashamed to even be American". Then he went AWOL in a time of war.

I'm so happy for you, SP.
You do know that when you wish such things on others, it comes back three-fold onto you.
(08-13-2012, 01:35 PM)Simon Peter Wrote: Bowe wrote to his parents that he was "ashamed to even be American". Then he went AWOL in a time of war.

That explains support from clone for this guy and not the friend of Larry's son.
(08-13-2012, 01:40 PM)Clone Wrote:

I'm so happy for you, SP.
You do know that when you wish such things on others, it comes back three-fold onto you.

Ahhh, who did you wish stupidity on?
Oh boy... Karma... and it's not going to be pretty! Eek!

Clone, my love... you are a good egg! Don't let the bastards get you down!
(08-13-2012, 02:13 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Oh boy... Karma... and it's not going to be pretty! Eek!

Clone, my love... you are a good egg! Don't let the bastards get you down!

Coming from the Queen of Crud, that must mean quite a bit.
(08-13-2012, 01:22 PM)Clone Wrote: My name is nowhere near that post.

Is this where you martyr your grandchildren again? Maybe if you didn't post threads you wouldn't feel the need to remove them. Just a thought

Does a good mother mean one that beat me with the ugly stick? If so, you're right, my mother was awful, she never came within 10 miles of me with that thing.
(08-13-2012, 01:07 PM)Clone Wrote:

Ha.

I was hoping you would take it as the joke I intended it. I was following up on the way I took TV's "A candle?" comment. Sorry.
Yeah well all I meant was that lighting a stupid candle won't do shit. Neither will any one these' "We'll keep you in our prayers" horse shit.
I was going to suggest writing a congressman you know ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING, instead of this feel good crap that will not do one damned thing.

But after I read up on this I do believe our government is doing the best they can. So I didn't mention the congressman.

Sorry to introduce a tiny bit of the real world in your your emotional karmic mystical fairyland where lighting candles does more than burn peoples houses down.
Winston and I couldn't make the connection. So, we were going to join Kabila in The Congo. We were going over, one way or another. But, instead, he got his name on a wall. And, I think intelligence was behind it. Nobody had an answer.
Aren't you folks being a bit harsh? So, what's wrong with requests for lighting a candle, or prayer for a prisoner of war? or a hostage, or a political prisoner being held by a torturous regime? If anything, knowing they are not forgotten, if possible, might give them the inner strength to keep going.
You may not agree with it, but I don't think it's a stupid, but heartfelt request.