Bad gun control
But at least they got to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights, just like our forefathers wanted: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19287159

Excerpt: "Two police officers have been shot dead and two others wounded after they were attacked in the US state of Louisiana.

The shooting happened early on Thursday in the community of St John the Baptist Parish, near New Orleans.

Police spokesman Captain Dane Clement told reporters the gunfire rang out in a car park for a refinery beside the Mississippi river.

Two suspects are in custody and the search for a third suspect is underway, the Times-Picayune newspaper reported..."
(08-16-2012, 08:36 AM)PonderThis Wrote: But at least they got to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights, just like our forefathers wanted: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19287159

Excerpt: "Two police officers have been shot dead and two others wounded after they were attacked in the US state of Louisiana.

The shooting happened early on Thursday in the community of St John the Baptist Parish, near New Orleans.

Police spokesman Captain Dane Clement told reporters the gunfire rang out in a car park for a refinery beside the Mississippi river.

Two suspects are in custody and the search for a third suspect is underway, the Times-Picayune newspaper reported..."

Why do you care ? Cops are just bullies with a badge anyway right?
(08-16-2012, 11:23 AM)tvguy Wrote: Why do you care ? Cops are just bullies with a badge anyway right?

I think the entity 'tvguy' is a computer forum software program that's programmed to issue personal attacks in response to posts.

I wonder if it could be re-programmed to attack different people for a while?

I tire of the endless insulting verbiage...can you tone the program down?
(08-16-2012, 11:23 AM)tvguy Wrote: Why do you care ? Cops are just bullies with a badge anyway right?

Maybe he rooting them on
[Image: cheerleader.jpg]
(08-16-2012, 11:53 AM)Clone Wrote:

I think the entity 'tvguy' is a computer forum software program that's programmed to issue personal attacks in response to posts.

Kam, can you re-program it to attack different people for a while?

I tire of the endless insulting verbiage...can you tone the program down?

Poor poor Cloner , you tire? LaughingLaughing Waaaaa cry me a river, maybe I tire of your hippie dippie anti establishment immature silly ass ideology.
What's the matter Crone? I remember you blubbering about cops ejaculating down their legs while they clubbed innocent protesters.
Just like I remember the asinine things Ponder says about anyone who isn't EXACTLY like him. Where were you then lady?

If you think for one single second that your baby boy doesn't post this stuff and comment looking for comments like mine then you are even more clueless and naieve than even I believed possible.

You want me silenced by Kam? Why because you can't figure out the ignore feature?

I asked Ponder why he cared and I repeated something he said. If that is such an attack maybe you should go knit a sweater or watch Andy Rooney tapes
No, I'm not expecting Kam to do anything, jackass.
The comment was in jest going along with the idea of you being a program.
But thanks for the heads up, I'll remove it to remove any misunderstandings.
(08-16-2012, 12:24 PM)Clone Wrote: No, I'm not expecting Kam to do anything, jackass.

Jest? hardy har har.

Your boy posts just to get responses like mine and all I say is ...why does he care if a cop is killed when he hates cops.

And you bitch about me?
(08-16-2012, 12:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-16-2012, 12:24 PM)Clone Wrote: No, I'm not expecting Kam to do anything, jackass.

Jest? hardy har har.

Your boy posts just to get responses like mine and all I say is ...why does he care if a cop is killed when he hates cops.

And you bitch about me?

My, my...sugar wouldn't melt in your sweet, staying on the subject mouth.
Because if there WAS more stringent gun control laws then these police offices wouldn't have been shot? Is that the logic being used here? I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure that there are laws against shooting people also. It doesn't seem to me that following the law was an issue here.
And if he'd had "better" control of his gun he'd have got all 4 of them, too. This is part of what happens when you put lethal power in the hands of every Tom, Dick, and Harry and tell them it's their right as an American citizen to go off the wall and off a few people whenever life gets to be just a tad little too much. Just part of our tradition, folks, and you never know when we might all need guns to kill those invading commies, too.

(not to mention you're using 1700's technology against 2000's military firepower in response)
(08-16-2012, 12:55 PM)PonderThis Wrote: And if he'd had "better" control of his gun he'd have got all 4 of them, too. This is part of what happens when you put lethal power in the hands of every Tom, Dick, and Harry and tell them it's their right as an American citizen to go off the wall and off a few people whenever life gets to be just a tad little too much. Just part of our tradition, folks, and you never know when we might all need guns to kill those invading commies, too.

(not to mention you're using 1700's technology against 2000's military firepower in response)

I'm sure you've heard "If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns". Drugs are controlled too. Stop blaming the weapon and blame the asshole shooting the weapon.
I already am! They let some really stupid people have and shoot guns. I've seen it with my own eyes, many many times. And, I'm not even totally against people having guns, either. I just can't stand the idiocy, and I question these people that are always wanting to kill things for "sport", too.

[Image: range+is+hot.jpg]
(08-16-2012, 12:55 PM)PonderThis Wrote: And if he'd had "better" control of his gun he'd have got all 4 of them, too. This is part of what happens when you put lethal power in the hands of every Tom, Dick, and Harry and tell them it's their right as an American citizen to go off the wall and off a few people whenever life gets to be just a tad little too much. Just part of our tradition, folks, and you never know when we might all need guns to kill those invading commies, too.

It's SO easy for you to make these claims about "here's what happens" NOW when you don't really have a clue about "here's what happens" if you actually had whatever restrictions you want.
Beer me made a valid point. Illegal Drugs are supposed to be controlled right now. How's that working???
It's not, and yet I still constantly hear from many about how awful America is because we have so many incarcerated.
Outlaw guns or even attempt to outlaw semi autos and see if we have enough prison beds.

You post a story about a guy who for unknown reasons shot two police at close range. Now you are ranting about "stupid people" having guns when we still don't know if this killer was Einstein or more likely a criminal who would have had a weapon regardless of what laws are passed.
(08-16-2012, 01:14 PM)PonderThis Wrote: , and I question these people that are always wanting to kill things for "sport", too.

Question my ass. You put them down, you call them names. You are positive they are not as good as you.
Be honest for once.
Quote:Ponder... They let some really stupid people have and shoot guns. I've seen it with my own eyes, many many times.

And then you put everyone else who has a gun or hunts in the same category.

What do you see "many many times " a few dumasses road hunting or shooting signs?
How the hell do you expect the government to know who these people are?
I see the same dumbasses risking other peoples lives every day driving cars.

Why do they give stupid people a driving license?? I'll guarantee they kill a lot more and do a lot more harm then the occasional nut with a gun.

You always talk about TV having subliminal messages and brain washing. Guess what. This is what the media has done to you.
Why can't we just make bullets as expensive as diamonds?
That sounds doable to me. Pretty common-sense, too.
(08-17-2012, 02:18 PM)PonderThis Wrote: That sounds doable to me. Pretty common-sense, too.

Naive on both counts, Ponder.
We don't get want we want.
We get what is possible.