Bad gun control
Although TennisMom may possess all the equipment to be a whore, she doesn't have the ability to sell or give away that equipment so others can go on to be whores likewise. Whereas, just on this forum alone several members have mentioned they buy and sell weapons regularly. How many of those sales get reported?* Who buys them? It appears to me that lawful gun owners themselves supply the guns that end up in criminal hands.

Or, you go "criminal" yourselves.

I rest my case.

* probably in untaxed transactions as well.
(08-30-2012, 10:11 AM)Larry Wrote: TennisMom, you possess all of the necessary equipment to be a whore. But unless you prove otherwise, I would never DREAM of calling you one.

I possess the necessary equipment to be a mass murderer. Please don't consider me one with no evidence.

LaughingSurprisedLarry, to be fair she has stated that honest law abiding gun owners are "culpable" of course that is absurd but to be fair, to her, we are more like pimps than whores.

[Image: tumblr_l5444oOK131qbrimro1_400.jpg]
(08-30-2012, 10:15 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Although TennisMom may possess all the equipment to be a whore, she doesn't have the ability to sell or give away that equipment so others can go on to be whores likewise. Whereas, just on this forum alone several members have mentioned they buy and sell weapons regularly. How many of those sales get reported?* Who buys them? It appears to me that lawful gun owners themselves supply the guns that end up in criminal hands.

Or, you go "criminal" yourselves.

I rest my case.

* probably in untaxed transactions as well.

What the hell is it with you and your interest in who pays taxes on these type of things??

Anyway, private gun owners are not required to do a background check although they can use the same database for 10 bucks. Something that may be a good idea unless you already know who you are selling to.

You have a point Ponder but common sense SHOULD tell you that even if every private seller of a gun did a background check there would still be plenty of people wanting to make a profit and not care who they sold to.

How hard is it to buy heroin or Meth?
I mention taxes because I have a long background associating with the fringe shady areas of life, and I know from personal experience that 99.99% of those types of transactions are never reported, at least partially adding to the allure for people engaged in that sort of thing. It's not like I have to be clairvoyant (although, it may seem that way to others).

I don't know how hard it is to buy heroin or meth either one, I try to stay away from those people.
Quote: 'PonderThis' pid='228244' dateline='1346348785']
I mention taxes because I have a long background associating with the fringe shady areas of life, and I know from personal experience that 99.99% of those types of transactions are never reported, at least partially adding to the allure for people engaged in that sort of thing. t's not like I have to be clairvoyant (although, it may seem that way to others). .

That's not really an answer. And I can't imagine that there anyone on the planet who does not know that yard sales, craigslist and even ebay sales are not reported.
Duh no shit Sherlock but you never said why YOU CARE and like to mention this obvious fact?

Quote:I don't know how hard it is to buy clairvoyant either one, I try to stay away from those people.

Be honest for once Ponder. You know damn well you could find Heroin or meth if you wanted to. And selling that shit has stiffer penalties than selling a gun.