Another Shooting -- Developing...
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Emp...95.html?dr
I just saw it on the Today Show... they're saying a disgruntled employee????
It appears that way so far.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manha...7r8qSKX3yO

Cops killed him.
Where were all the concealed gun carriers to save us? Ninja

Before you answer, there was a Walmart shooter in Portland the other day, he WAS a concealed gun carrier. They took his card away as they arrested him. Life sure is good with all these gun carriers. You must feel so proud. Ninja
A little more info on this link.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/pers...-1.1143522
At some point we need to settle the rights to own/carry a gun and you loss of the ultimate right, to live.
I do support your right to own a gun I'm just not sure as to what kind or for that matter if some sort of requirement is needed before owning a gun. Seems other countries do a bit better and yet own guns. Is it cultural or education?
anger issues. we're a pissed off society.
(08-24-2012, 08:35 AM)bbqboy Wrote: anger issues. we're a pissed off society.

BBQ we sure could take this a few places. Write volumes. I gotta go my cigar smokin buddy is on..Big Grin
(08-24-2012, 08:33 AM)Willie Krash Wrote: At some point we need to settle the rights to own/carry a gun and you loss of the ultimate right, to live.
I do support your right to own a gun I'm just not sure as to what kind or for that matter if some sort of requirement is needed before owning a gun. Seems other countries do a bit better and yet own guns. Is it cultural or education?

NYC requires a permit to possess a handgun, apparently the shooter didn't care. That law doesn't seem to be very effective, does it?
(08-24-2012, 09:15 AM)cj2112 Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 08:33 AM)Willie Krash Wrote: At some point we need to settle the rights to own/carry a gun and you loss of the ultimate right, to live.

NYC requires a permit to possess a handgun, apparently the shooter didn't care. That law doesn't seem to be very effective, does it?
that wasn't the question, was it?
(08-24-2012, 09:19 AM)bbqboy Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 09:15 AM)cj2112 Wrote:

that wasn't the question, was it?

Your response didn't even address the topic, did it?
(08-24-2012, 07:44 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Where were all the concealed gun carriers to save us? Ninja

Before you answer, there was a Walmart shooter in Portland the other day, he WAS a concealed gun carrier. They took his card away as they arrested him. Life sure is good with all these gun carriers. You must feel so proud. Ninja

A couple of totally ignorant remarks as expected.

No one ever said that concealed handgun carriers would stop every situation such as this. Only that it is possible. And it is.

And the fact that there was a person who had a concealed weapons permit who was not much of an outstanding citizen means very little.
What does mean something is that other than the occasional exception to the rule people with concealed weapons permits are not the people committing the gun crimes.
But it is always people with guns, can we agree on that part???
It seems the perp shot and killed one person, and the cops killed him. The cops also wounded 9 others in the gunfire?
All so you guys can keep and bear your arms. If guns didn't permeate our society we'd have firearm fatalities more in line with every other modern country instead of it still being like the wild west here.
This incident is a mere drop in the bucket so far as firearm homicides go, too. Every day, an average 32 people lose their lives in the U.S. to firearm violence, and that doesn't count the suicides (a larger number). http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm
Ah yes, right on cue. Ponder jumps on here salivating over this. Makes him feel "proud" to salivate and spew anti gun rhetoric every time someone not much unlike himself comes unhinged.
You don't hear me on here every day bragging up guns do you?
(08-24-2012, 10:25 AM)PonderThis Wrote: This incident is a mere drop in the bucket so far as firearm homicides go, too. Every day, an average 32 people lose their lives in the U.S. to firearm violence, and that doesn't count the suicides (a larger number). http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm

So the solution is simple just ban all guns like the other modern countries, Brilliant.

Guys like you never like to consider just WHO is committing all of this violence or why. All of those people will just go get a job at Staples as soon as we ban all the guns, right Ponder?