The "I Wish" High School
(08-29-2012, 05:57 PM)bbqboy Wrote:
(08-29-2012, 05:51 PM)Simon Peter Wrote:
(08-29-2012, 05:24 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Smiling
Simon racks up another kill sticker on the side of his kamikaze zero

Simon is and always will be what little boys like bbqboy dream of being.
just shows you can't recognize a compliment when it comes your way.

He's much too busy playing the foul mouthed tough guy role to notice compliments. Wanna be tough guys don't need no stinkin' compliments, don't you know?!?!?!
Lucy, if you can find a forum where all the members stay on topic, avoid p!$$ing contests and remain civil, PUH-LEEZE share it with us. Otherwise, this is just a run-of-the-mill forum where members get hot under the collar and sometimes say unpleasant things to each other. It's the nature of the beast. Smiling
(08-31-2012, 12:38 PM)TennisMom Wrote: Lucy, if you can find a forum where all the members stay on topic, avoid p!$$ing contests and remain civil, PUH-LEEZE share it with us. Otherwise, this is just a run-of-the-mill forum where members get hot under the collar and sometimes say unpleasant things to each other. It's the nature of the beast. Smiling

I don't really have the time to explore the forum world. I guess that's why I'm cranky about this thread. Probably a handful of comments about the I Wish High School and pages of bs. I've seen the "I Wish" post before circulating FB but I was hoping that on this thread it might actually lead to a discussion on what people would like to see in our high schools.
(08-31-2012, 06:29 PM)Lucy Wrote:
(08-31-2012, 12:38 PM)TennisMom Wrote: Lucy, if you can find a forum where all the members stay on topic, avoid p!$$ing contests and remain civil, PUH-LEEZE share it with us. Otherwise, this is just a run-of-the-mill forum where members get hot under the collar and sometimes say unpleasant things to each other. It's the nature of the beast. Smiling

I don't really have the time to explore the forum world. I guess that's why I'm cranky about this thread. Probably a handful of comments about the I Wish High School and pages of bs. I've seen the "I Wish" post before circulating FB but I was hoping that on this thread it might actually lead to a discussion on what people would like to see in our high schools.

Ohhhh! Well, music for one. And art. And vocational stuff. Yeah, wishing, I know.
In a perfect world, high schools would be citadels of academic pursuit and the building of character via sports, arts and other enrichment. Reality is another story. Not every kid fits the mold of perfection we expect. Not every kid will go to college, be the football quarterback or get service medals for helping little old ladies across the street. If high school administrators believe they can steamroll past the differences among our students then they are deluding themselves. Clearly, the author of this missive is one of those.
(09-01-2012, 12:15 PM)TennisMom Wrote: In a perfect world, high schools would be citadels of academic pursuit and the building of character via sports, arts and other enrichment. Reality is another story. Not every kid fits the mold of perfection we expect. Not every kid will go to college, be the football quarterback or get service medals for helping little old ladies across the street. If high school administrators believe they can steamroll past the differences among our students then they are deluding themselves. Clearly, the author of this missive is one of those.

Unfortunately those administrators feel the pressure of the laws and mandates passed by politicians and bureaucrats who have never been educators.
(09-02-2012, 12:09 AM)Lucy Wrote: Unfortunately those administrators feel the pressure of the laws and mandates passed by politicians and bureaucrats who have never been educators.

I would say that makes the OP's letter somewhat obsolete, since what he wishes to accomplish may not hold up under scrutiny. School is not a repository, it is a place where students can be accommodated when possible and reasonable.
(09-02-2012, 12:09 AM)Lucy Wrote:
(09-01-2012, 12:15 PM)TennisMom Wrote: In a perfect world, high schools would be citadels of academic pursuit and the building of character via sports, arts and other enrichment. Reality is another story. Not every kid fits the mold of perfection we expect. Not every kid will go to college, be the football quarterback or get service medals for helping little old ladies across the street. If high school administrators believe they can steamroll past the differences among our students then they are deluding themselves. Clearly, the author of this missive is one of those.

Unfortunately those administrators feel the pressure of the laws and mandates passed by politicians and bureaucrats who have never been educators.

Indeed!
I almost wish I'd never gone to high school. Every day seemed like a jail sentence. At least I learned how to type.
(09-02-2012, 04:20 PM)tornado Wrote: I almost wish I'd never gone to high school. Every day seemed like a jail sentence. At least I learned how to type.

I sometimes with I had gone to high school.
Maybe I could then make heads or tails outta some of the stuff being said here.
But, I was blessed that my dad and I were in the 6th grade at the same time and he could help me with homework.
We didn't see no reason to go back for the 7th. I'm glad, 'cause it was getting to the point where I was pretty sure I'd have to help him with homework.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/forum.php
Better know what your talking about over there.
(09-06-2012, 08:58 PM)Willie Krash Wrote:

That site has some interesting possibilities. Wink
(09-07-2012, 01:15 PM)TennisMom Wrote:
(09-06-2012, 08:58 PM)Willie Krash Wrote:

That site has some interesting possibilities. Wink

I checked it out; looks like trash talk central, to me.
Yep, I looked at it in depth and there does seem to be a lot of leniency on the part of the moderators.