About That Teaching a Man to Fish Thing?
(08-30-2012, 05:36 PM)Larry Wrote: it is ALL bullshit, not worthy of responding to. All I can say is Laughing

And, that's why you're not considered a critical thinker. Smiling
(08-30-2012, 05:37 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I know but you didn't respond over there. Big Grin

But I did. I LaughingLaughingLaughing
(08-30-2012, 05:29 PM)Larry Wrote:
(08-30-2012, 05:19 PM)Crazylace Wrote:
(08-30-2012, 05:15 PM)Larry Wrote: People who learn to take care of themselves vs people who feel entitled to free shit without trying to learn a damn thing.

That's not even a complete sentence.

The analogy was between teaching someone to fish and teaching someone to think independently.
Not everything in life has to be observed in a bi-partisan perspective.

Can you explain to me why those who lay claim to being "critical thinkers" demand that their opinions are the only correct ones? Could it be that we could both "critically" think about a topic and still disagree?

Nope. According to the acclaimed "critical thinkers" guild we have here, if you qualify to be one, you must think like them. Wait... that's kinda the opposite of your point, isn't it?

Why do all so called Critical Thinkers all march in lock step? Scares the hell outta me, what that might mean....

This is always where you lose me. Do I march lock-step? I don't think so.. The fact that we are having this conversation seems to prove it. I'm not calling you names. I'm not disrespecting you. I'm trying to understand you.
I personally think we have more in common than we are different. After all, we are Americans, right? And yes, I call myself a liberal. No, I'm not a registered democrat.
This is what my father taught me; stand by what you believe, but you should also respect diversity.
I'd really love to have a conversation that doesn't end in demeaning me because you really don't understand where I come from in the first place. That's all.
This may take some time, but I believe it is a discussion all Americans should have.
Why can't we accentuate what we have in common? I hate all this divisiveness.. It didn't used to be this way.

Now i have to go make dinner.
Crazylace,
Yes. That about sums it up.