What do you do on an average work day?
(09-06-2012, 05:27 AM)illcommandante Wrote: The best picking is in the holes between the downed trees, where the elk are afraid to venture. That's where you might smell a bear fart, now and then. It's a little unnerving, but then I imagine a bear fart carries.

So, are you smarter than an elk? Or....just have bigger "attachments." Twitch
I'm confidant we will come up with a working God, of some sort.
(09-25-2012, 02:08 AM)Epoxin7 Wrote: Hello Every One !!!!
It can be 85 miles towards the huckleberries. We will be acquiring my personal caffeine, whilst We watch for the idea to acquire lighting ample to select. Then, intended for fourteen hrs, We'll choose neo cease. I will not intellect a great not like you. The item also comes in convenient once in a while. The item generally is not a line for those events. We do not like hardworking liver as well as onions,

Wha???? Blink
And people think Illc is cryptic. Smiling
Liver and onions?
I thought everybody likes a hard working liver..onions, notsomuch.
(09-05-2012, 05:09 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(09-05-2012, 04:59 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Can you imagine what one of these pies might cost after you figure all the time and driving expense just to get the berries, not counting the rest of the ingredients or baking time? Smiling

Those might be $50 or $100 pies. Laughing

Maybe they sell for $14.99 which I would pay. I am sure they are twice as good as Marie Callender's pies.

Beckies Cafe in Union Creek is getting $38 per whole pie.
I pick in the same area as Illc every year. This is the best year in recent memory. My family (me included) has more than we can probably use this year. But not ONE will go to cletus, for snubbing me on a bbq invite.... Laughing
(09-26-2012, 06:22 PM)Larry Wrote:
(09-05-2012, 04:59 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Can you imagine what one of these pies might cost after you figure all the time and driving expense just to get the berries, not counting the rest of the ingredients or baking time? Smiling

Maybe they sell for $14.99 which I would pay. I am sure they are twice as good as Marie Callender's pies.

Wow, that's a lot of money for a pie.

A guy was selling huckleberries at the GP Grower's Market for what looked like around a cup and a half for $5. If that is the going rate, I can see why a pie is selling for $38.
(09-26-2012, 06:34 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

A guy was selling huckleberries at the GP Grower's Market for what looked like around a cup and a half for $5. If that is the going rate, I can see why a pie is selling for $38.

Beckie's was PAYING pickers $6-8 per pound. It wasn't variable, I just can't remember what they were paying. Because I DON'T sell them. Too damn much work.
(09-26-2012, 06:34 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

In pies and cobblers, I use 4 cups per.
Who would hand over huckleberries, for any amount? That gallon is four ten inch pies, or...?....uh....a hunnert and fiftytwo bucks? Beckies might tend towrd exhorbitant. I started going in there sixty years ago. And, quit going in there thirty years ago.