Direct TV and KMVU 26
(09-01-2012, 09:12 PM)Larry Wrote:
(09-01-2012, 09:01 PM)Tiamat Wrote: No Breaking Bad for you GCG. Not that you might care....not sure.

They dropped AMC as well?

Tomorrow is end of season.

I heard... PERSONALLY, I haven't watched TV since 1982..... Wink

Of course not.
(09-01-2012, 09:01 PM)Tiamat Wrote: No Breaking Bad for you GCG. Not that you might care....not sure.

I had to Google that. A dying man turns to a life of crime to ensure financial security for his family... is that the premise? I don't know if he is portrayed as a sympathetic figure or a hero or a villain... looks like I will have to wait for reruns on some cable channel now.

If there was some "between the lines" message there I guess I missed it.
(09-02-2012, 06:36 AM)GoCometsGo Wrote:

I had to Google that. A dying man turns to a life of crime to ensure financial security for his family... is that the premise? I don't know if he is portrayed as a sympathetic figure or a hero or a villain... looks like I will have to wait for reruns on some cable channel now.

Its the bad is good theme. I watched it once. It did not do much for me and I love movies with sex, drugs, and lots of violence.
Hmmm.... We have Dish Network and have been pleased with it so far. Yes, we watch the tube often. During the day I play music but at around 5 o'clock we watch the news until we can't stand it anymore, then we look for something good. 'Good' can be a movie, documentary or House Hunters. On rainy days the DH will come down and put on a really bad SciFi movie about monsters or some such. End-of-the-world movies can be fun too. We both like English tv programs and anything about WW2.

Th-th-th-that's all, folks.
ME TV on rabbit ears.
We get the Fox affiliate from SoCal, I think it is channel 399 on DirecTV, so we dont miss much but the local stuff.
The LA news is exciting, what with all the freeway car chases and such.
(09-02-2012, 06:53 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Its the bad is good theme. I watched it once. It did not do much for me and I love movies with sex, drugs, and lots of violence.

I don't know what that means. Actually, for me, the thing I like best in any movie, show or story is character development. Sex, drugs, violence are incidental for me. I never see a show for any of those.This story has one of the greatest character development arcs I've seen on Television. As for "Bad is good", like I said, I don't know what you mean, but for myself, this character is becoming irredeemable and that isn't a "good" thing. What's good is the story, the acting, the writing. If a character/character grows, that's what grabs me. It could be growing in a negative way; what gets me is the transformation and it's believability. If violence or drugs or whatever are the vehicle that creates the transformation, then so be it. Doesn't matter to me. That being said, if I had only watched it once, then I too probably wouldn't care for it. You don't see the transformation in one watch. And, in my mind, would therefore miss, the entire reason it is a great show.
(09-01-2012, 07:09 PM)Larry Wrote:
(09-01-2012, 07:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-01-2012, 05:51 PM)GoCometsGo Wrote: Yeah... I used to watch a lot of football, too. Now I can take it or leave it. Mostly I'm too impatient to sit through all of the commercials... and sports just don't work on DVR.

You described my feelings exactly. I even quit watching Monday night football. When I tried to watch I would switch channels during the commercials, get interested in something else, try and go back and it was another channel and so on.
I can't see watching TV during the day anyway, 8 PM and later is OK.

But you are available here anytime of the day!! LaughingWink

Not really, I work at home and I work on the computer but I do a LOT of driving and running around . As soon as I get home I check my email and sometimes see what's up on the forum. Or when I come in to eat I usually log on.

When I heard the show being described I assumed it was crap and had no interest. I never would have started watching if my wife and grandkids didn't always have it on.