Another Random Thought.
We used to have a thread called the Another rediculous Topic thread. It ran and ran. It was the thread about nothing and anything and everything. Rediculous has been deliberately misspelled.

I propose we have a new thread in the same spirit sort of.

Instead of topic. I'd just like to hear people's random thoughts. About the world. Their experiences. How are you feeling today. How did your kids make you feel today? How about this forum? Anything. Kind of like "What are you doing now" but more observational.

Hope folks will add their thoughts. I thought of this, because I was thinking:

"Gee, most of the threads these days are National Political news. (why doesn't matter." It's just a random thought)
The ice cream man drives through my neighborhood on pleasant weather days.
Last week my husband stopped him and bought 2 ice cream bars ... $1.10 each.
Today when he drove by I wondered if he really sold enough ice cream bars to actually make a profit. I mean... gas alone... wowza! I paid $83 to fill my Tahoe last week. That would take selling a crap load of ice cream bars!
(09-06-2012, 09:23 PM)Scrapper Wrote: The ice cream man drives through my neighborhood on pleasant weather days.
Today when he drove by I wondered if he really sold enough ice cream bars to actually make a profit. I mean... gas alone... wowza! I paid $83 to fill my Tahoe last week. That would take selling a crap load of ice cream bars!

That is random. And I don't know.
(09-06-2012, 09:24 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(09-06-2012, 09:23 PM)Scrapper Wrote: The ice cream man drives through my neighborhood on pleasant weather days.

So... I did good?!?! Big Grin
(09-06-2012, 09:25 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

You always do good Scrapper. Except in the kitchen where you do VERY GOOD!
(09-06-2012, 09:30 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(09-06-2012, 09:25 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

You always do good Scrapper. Except in the kitchen where you do VERY GOOD!

Pay no attention to that man behind the mirror, Scrapper.
Where is the bus at this point?
(09-06-2012, 09:34 PM)broadzilla Wrote: Where is the bus at this point?

didn't it break down?
The other day I was picking my toes and of course thought of "Popeye Doyle" in the "French Connection" and that reminded me of Jimmy Carter and I had to go get peanuts that made me thirsty and I remembered the danger of fluorinated water. The dog likes the water "straight up", but the creek is dry. I once lived in a dry county. That's where I saw "The French Connection".
(09-06-2012, 09:37 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(09-06-2012, 09:34 PM)broadzilla Wrote: Where is the bus at this point?

didn't it break down?

You would think with all the men we have here that it would be fixed by now...
Am I truly the free-spirited, open woman I try to be?

I posted the Reggae Festival in another place and, lo and behold, a PM comes from a women I've never even conversed with.

She asks to go with us if we go, that she is 63 also and will need her wheelchair, since she can't walk for long distances. Her daughter can bring her and the wheelchair to our place so we don't have to pick her up.

I'm thinkin': Hell, this is true serendippity..she may turn out to be a wonderful friend.

On the other hand.........

What do you think?

Random, you know....
(09-06-2012, 09:54 PM)Clone Wrote: Am I truly the free-spirited, open woman I try to be?

I posted the Reggae Festival in another place and, lo and behold, a PM comes from a women I've never even conversed with.

She asks to go with us if we go, that she is 63 also and will need her wheelchair, since she can't walk for long distances. Her daughter can bring her and the wheelchair to our place so we don't have to pick her up.

I'm thinkin': Hell, this is true serendippity..she may turn out to be a wonderful friend.

On the other hand.........

What do you think?

Random, you know....

You will never know if she could be a wonderful friend or not if you don't take the chance.
Forum friendships can go both ways. It can be wonderful.
I think there's a good likelihood she could become a wonderful friend.
(09-06-2012, 10:01 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Forum friendships can go both ways. It can be wonderful.

Oh, I know, it's just that I'm not even forum friends with this woman.
Hey, due to Scrapper's good advice I PM'd the woman back expressing interest but asking for clarification as to how independent she is....like, is the wheelchair motorized?
(09-06-2012, 10:11 PM)Clone Wrote:
(09-06-2012, 10:01 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Forum friendships can go both ways. It can be wonderful.

Hey, due to Scrapper's good advice I PM'd the woman back expressing interest but asking for clarification as to how independent she is....like, is the wheelchair motorized?

Hey... you took a chance on me! Big Grin
And now look... you can't get rid of me! Evil
(09-06-2012, 10:11 PM)Clone Wrote:

You have forum friends???NeutralSurprised Just joking.Smiling

Maybe he's also selling something other than ice cream. It's a front.
[Image: nice_truck_fatdaddy_04a.jpg]
I knew someone that had an ice cream truck and he claimed it was extremely lucrative. That ice cream that sold for $1.10 might have cost him .20.
(09-07-2012, 07:53 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I knew someone that had an ice cream truck and he claimed it was extremely lucrative. That ice cream that sold for $1.10 might have cost him .20.

But right now gas is over $4/gallon.