Another Random Thought.
A dollop of duplicates.
Anyone else wear glasses? Sometimes at the end of the day, my eyes feel 'tired'...kind of achey...and I want to take them off. Then I can't see! Sad
(11-02-2017, 06:38 PM)Juniper Wrote: Anyone else wear glasses? Sometimes at the end of the day, my eyes feel 'tired'...kind of achey...and I want to take them off. Then I can't see! Sad

Hope you have been able to have your eyes checked recently. My own view (for what it's worth) is that from time to time we should see an ophthalmologist and not just a optometrist. Doesn't sound right that your eyes should "ache".
(11-02-2017, 06:38 PM)Juniper Wrote: Anyone else wear glasses? Sometimes at the end of the day, my eyes feel 'tired'...kind of achey...and I want to take them off. Then I can't see! Sad

Do you stare at a computer screen all day? If so eye breaks are very important.
(11-02-2017, 06:52 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Do you stare at a computer screen all day? If so eye breaks are very important.

I wish. What a great job that would be!
(11-02-2017, 06:45 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Hope you have been able to have your eyes checked recently. My own view (for what it's worth) is that from time to time we should see an ophthalmologist and not just a optometrist. Doesn't sound right that your eyes should "ache".

Oh, that was my thought LAST year. So off to the doctor I went.  Nothing changed.  Everything good. No change in prescription.  Sure, he's not an opthamalogist, but for that, I would need a referral.  It gets better if I stop wearing the glasses for a while. It's always been this way since I started wearing prescriptions. I was just wondering if anyone else ever felt this way.
(11-02-2017, 07:16 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Oh, that was my thought LAST year. So off to the doctor I went.  Nothing changed.  Everything good. No change in prescription.  Sure, he's not an opthamalogist, but for that, I would need a referral.  It gets better if I stop wearing the glasses for a while. It's always been this way since I started wearing prescriptions. I was just wondering if anyone else ever felt this way.

Have you tried the super light bendable frames? They make a BIG difference for me.
(11-02-2017, 07:34 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Have you tried the super light bendable frames? They make a BIG difference for me.
You think it's the frames?  I like  my frames. They are the best I've ever had. No, they aren't bendable. I went to a solid body frame, so no nose pads...SO much better!  They are light.

So its been ongoing over the course of a variety of frames and lenses??
(11-02-2017, 07:46 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Just at the end of the day. And not always.
(11-02-2017, 07:36 PM)Juniper Wrote: You think it's the frames?  I like  my frames. They are the best I've ever had. No, they aren't bendable. I went to a solid body frame, so no nose pads...SO much better!  They are light.

These are 14 grams.

[Image: 20171102_194132.jpg]

These are 21 grams.

[Image: 20171102_195026.jpg]
(11-02-2017, 07:47 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Strange, still seems like eye strain, stop concentrating so hard  Wink
(11-02-2017, 07:55 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 07:47 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 06:45 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Hope you have been able to have your eyes checked recently. My own view (for what it's worth) is that from time to time we should see an ophthalmologist and not just a optometrist. Doesn't sound right that your eyes should "ache".

Strange, still seems like eye strain, stop concentrating so hard  Wink

Laughing Laughing
There's this FB group I'm on that's about posting truly awful food recipes and then laughing at how awful they are...like putting chopped bacon in lime jello or something. But the page has it's own personality and seems to be occupied by a lot of younger people who really seem rather uneducated about things, (including food). Anyway, I just say one of them try to make a joke about something saying:   "With Father Beans & a nice Chianti."  Sometimes I cringe when I'm on that page.
(01-28-2018, 10:39 AM)Juniper Wrote: There's this FB group I'm on that's about posting truly awful food recipes and then laughing at how awful they are...like putting chopped bacon in lime jello or something. But the page has it's own personality and seems to be occupied by a lot of younger people who really seem rather uneducated about things, (including food). Anyway, I just say one of them try to make a joke about something saying:   "With Father Beans & a nice Chianti."  Sometimes I cringe when I'm on that page.
Did anyone correct the little dumbass
(01-28-2018, 10:44 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-28-2018, 10:39 AM)Juniper Wrote: There's this FB group I'm on that's about posting truly awful food recipes and then laughing at how awful they are...like putting chopped bacon in lime jello or something. But the page has it's own personality and seems to be occupied by a lot of younger people who really seem rather uneducated about things, (including food). Anyway, I just say one of them try to make a joke about something saying:   "With Father Beans & a nice Chianti."  Sometimes I cringe when I'm on that page.

Embarrassed Yours truly.

It's an international page and a lot of international henpecking and mudslinging goes on. Especially the Australians towards the Americans. The British are a bit more polite.
(01-28-2018, 10:57 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-28-2018, 10:44 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Embarrassed Yours truly.

It's an international page and a lot of international henpecking and mudslinging goes on. Especially the Australians towards the Americans. The British are a bit more polite.

Latest entry:  Twix bars apple fluff salad.
(01-28-2018, 11:10 AM)Juniper Wrote: Latest entry:  Twix bars apple fluff salad.

Looks good if you LIKE that sort of thing.  Smiling

https://www.yellowblissroad.com/twix-apple-fluff-salad/

[Image: Twix-Apple-Fluff-Salad-7.jpg]
Looks like a mutant Waldorf salad.
(01-28-2018, 11:41 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-28-2018, 11:10 AM)Juniper Wrote: Latest entry:  Twix bars apple fluff salad.

Looks good if you LIKE that sort of thing.  Smiling

https://www.yellowblissroad.com/twix-apple-fluff-salad/

[Image: Twix-Apple-Fluff-Salad-7.jpg]

They had a clip of it being made and it didn't look so great then. Big Grin