Another Random Thought.
(08-10-2018, 01:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-10-2018, 12:18 PM)Juniper Wrote: While shopping in Food 4 Less, someone knocked something over and it made a big bang.  In order to hide their embarrassment(?) or just in a stupid attempt at lame humor, he shouted out "SHOTS FIRED!!!  SHOTS FIRED!!!"  Didn't seem very bright to me.

Actually it's not only not bright it's probably illegal.  And even if not I bet anyone who got hurt due to panic would win a civil suit.

the phrase "shouting fire in a crowded theater" has since come to be known as synonymous with an action that the speaker believes goes beyond the rights guaranteed by free speech, reckless or malicious speech, or an action whose outcomes are obvious.

Illegal eh?  Hmmmm..I guess I could see that.
(08-10-2018, 01:41 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-10-2018, 12:18 PM)Juniper Wrote: While shopping in Food 4 Less, someone knocked something over and it made a big bang.  In order to hide their embarrassment(?) or just in a stupid attempt at lame humor, he shouted out "SHOTS FIRED!!!  SHOTS FIRED!!!"  Didn't seem very bright to me.

Actually it's not only not bright it's probably illegal.  And even if not I bet anyone who got hurt due to panic would win a civil suit.

the phrase "shouting fire in a crowded theater" has since come to be known as synonymous with an action that the speaker believes goes beyond the rights guaranteed by free speech, reckless or malicious speech, or an action whose outcomes are obvious.

Creating a situation that causes panic when someone could injured as a result must be against the law.
IMO It could easily be called reckless endangerment which is a crime. Not to mention disturbing the peace.
(08-10-2018, 03:58 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-10-2018, 01:41 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Creating a situation that causes panic when someone could injured as a result must be against the law.
IMO It could easily be called reckless endangerment which is a crime. Not to mention disturbing the peace.

Well, if it was done so to create a panic. I don't think this person was. And he didn't either.  Although I muttered to the person in line next to me that that didn't seem very smart and she nodded in agreement.
When I'm on FB and someone posts something about blue cheese in food or cooking page it's amusing how many people recoil and exclaim: "But Blue Cheese has MOLD in it!!!" Yes, yes it does.
Another random thought...being as we were talking about Roxy Ann....Roxy Ann Peak is an intrusion (a geological "uninvited guest") that punched through older rocks on its way toward the surface. There is no evidence it actually made it to the surface. So, says the MT.
(08-14-2018, 08:59 PM)Juniper Wrote: Another random thought...being as we were talking about Roxy Ann....Roxy Ann Peak is an intrusion (a geological "uninvited guest") that punched through older rocks on its way toward the surface. There is no evidence it actually made it to the surface. So, says the MT.

Roxyann is basically a pimple?
(08-14-2018, 10:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 08:59 PM)Juniper Wrote: Another random thought...being as we were talking about Roxy Ann....Roxy Ann Peak is an intrusion (a geological "uninvited guest") that punched through older rocks on its way toward the surface. There is no evidence it actually made it to the surface. So, says the MT.

Roxyann is basically a pimple?

Big Grin  Sounds like it!
[Image: fqPBAr5s_bigger.jpeg]  "We weren’t born on this planet at this time to create problems but to bring about some benefit."