Ah..Fall is Arriving. Brace Yourselves!
[Image: 304426_307319512708501_1984949959_n.jpg]
..Truly my favorite season. Smiling
I shared this on Facebook and my oldest son, Jason, responded with: "Costco pumpkin pie!!!!! Yes!!!!!"
Pumpkin flan. Mmmmmmmmm....... Smiling
It has nothing to do with pumpkin, but, with the reduction in temperature outside, I immediately start craving Pasta e Fagioli...

Oh yum, I think I'd better go to the grocery store! Big Grin
and football. Go Niners!
Spring has sprung
Fall has fell
Winter's here
Cold as hell.

(My 5th grade personality pops up about 100 times a day. Oh, you already noticed)

I too like Autumn. I enjoy the changes of seasons, but Fall might just be my favorite. As I grow older, it seems to feel so very comfortable. I'm blessed with kids on the street and kids and leaves are about as much fun as puppies and shoestrings.
acorns and apples on the ground..watching the maples slowly change color, driving to work while the sun rises..and resisting the urge to show up in my jammies. Smiling
(09-09-2012, 04:05 PM)Wonky Wrote: Spring has sprung
Fall has fell
Winter's here
Cold as hell.

Laughing

No aircon today for the entire day; love the breeze and cool air. Smiling
The grandson had a sleep over here last night. It was fun. Pancakes for breakfast, yay! Picking the remaining apples from our tree, yay! Racing the bike around the neighborhood, yay! When his mom picked him up, I lay down to close my eyes for a bit at around noon and woke up at 5 o'clock. Eek!
The next tapeworm you get, just look up pumpkin seeds, and follow the directions.
My favorite season. The season of death and decay. Plant life becomes dorment, waiting for a renewal of life in the spring, hunting season for sustenant meat for the winter.

I have been gone for a while, hunting both.

Venison down and bagged and tagged. Huckleberries in the freezer.

I love fall... Elk season cometh.
(09-09-2012, 06:16 PM)Larry Wrote: My favorite season. The season of death and decay. Plant life becomes dorment, waiting for a renewal of life in the spring, hunting season for sustenant meat for the winter.

Wow! That was almost poetic. Come on...you got a gal over there helping you post this, right?

And I'd have thought dead of winter with snow on the ground would be your favorite season. I mean, even a rookie can track game in snow. RazzLaughing
(09-09-2012, 06:56 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(09-09-2012, 06:16 PM)Larry Wrote: My favorite season. The season of death and decay. Plant life becomes dorment, waiting for a renewal of life in the spring, hunting season for sustenant meat for the winter.

Wow! That was almost poetic. Come on...you got a gal over there helping you post this, right?

And I'd have thought dead of winter with snow on the ground would be your favorite season. I mean, even a rookie can track game in snow. RazzLaughing

I am no rookie.
(09-09-2012, 07:01 PM)Larry Wrote:

I am no rookie.

Ya, that's your story! I ran into a guy you hunt with and he swears you brought a Duck Call Elk hunting. RazzRazz
(09-09-2012, 07:07 PM)Wonky Wrote:

I am no rookie.

Ya, that's your story! I ran into a guy you hunt with and he swears you brought a Duck Call Elk hunting. RazzRazz

Wonk, I invite you to my humble abode, to discern my ability. Discuss it with Tia, if you fear it.

And of course, I willl feed you.. And buy the beer.. sigh.

I am no rookie.

I went to buy an Elk call and the guy said they won't work if there aren't any cell towers near enough.
So he's gonna order me some elk decoys. At least I hope he remembers, they were all laughing about something.
(09-09-2012, 07:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I am no rookie.

I went to buy an Elk call and the guy said they won't work if there aren't any cell towers near enough.
So he's gonna order me some elk decoys. At least I hope he remembers, they were all laughing about something.

Yea, TVg, they were laughing at the bolt action single shot .22 short stock hunting rifled you had with you. Laughing

Larry, you know I was only having fun with you. Hey, I've seen the pictures. (And I've seen the .50 Caliber machine gun you use. Razz)
(09-09-2012, 07:24 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(09-09-2012, 07:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-09-2012, 06:56 PM)Wonky Wrote: Wow! That was almost poetic. Come on...you got a gal over there helping you post this, right?

I am no rookie.

Yea, TVg, they were laughing at the bolt action single shot .22 short stock hunting rifled you had with you. Laughing

Larry, you know I was only having fun with you. Hey, I've seen the pictures. (And I've seen the .50 Caliber machine gun you use. Razz)

LOL. I know it was in fun. So was mine, minus smileys. And I don't own a 50 cal. But I know where to get one...
So..any recipes for pumpkin flavored venison?

Smiling