9-11 Never forget.
[Image: LyndseySalute.jpg]
I can still remember what I was doing when I heard what happened. It is one of those things engrained into my memory. After hearing it and seeing it on TV I remember the shock of it, I got the kids to school, my husband was off to work, and I remember I pulled over and just started crying over what happened and I wanted to go to a church to pray for comfort and I wanted to keep my kids safe. And I never want to forget what happened that day.
9/11 is about remembering our loss that day...not the call to war. Many firemen in New York have window decals that say: "All Gave Some, Some Gave All"
I saw this on Facebook this morning and would like to share it:

Just take a moment today.

A moment to remember those whose lives were lost on this day eleven years ago. Send a kind and warm thought to the families who ended up broken, a member never returning home again. A thought for the fire-fighters, police, the rescue dogs, and many civilians who were just trying to help their fellow man in a terrifying time of need.

Just take a moment and send a warm and kind thought for our fellow humans who would never be quite the same after that day.

[Image: 292943_489441684399573_1159419183_n.jpg]
[Image: 488364_420840051313888_723332853_n.jpg]

This beautiful memorial stands at Ground Zero to honor first responders.
(09-11-2012, 11:56 AM)Clone Wrote: 9/11 is about remembering our loss that day...not the call to war. Many firemen in New York have window decals that say: "All Gave Some, Some Gave All"

That's your opinion Clone and I'm sure it's true for you and others but not for me.

When I see the words "never forget" I don't think first of the innocents who died or the heroes who died trying to save them.
I'm all for honoring and empathy but only Remembering them won't do anyone any good. Sending thoughts??

No I'm more inclined to think we need to REMEMBER that there are people like Osama Ben Laden out there who would do this again.
I think we need to remind ourselves that there are evil people, twisted people who will if given a chance murder our citizens.
I think remembering means to stay aware, to stay vigilant, to stay awake.

I do not think it means a call to war although I agree that it is to some.
That's my granddaughter in the picture.
(09-11-2012, 02:05 PM)Larry Wrote: That's my granddaughter in the picture.

Adorable.
(09-11-2012, 02:42 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(09-11-2012, 02:05 PM)Larry Wrote: That's my granddaughter in the picture.

Adorable.

Bump that! Must take after the mothers side of the family. Razz
(09-11-2012, 01:46 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-11-2012, 11:56 AM)Clone Wrote: 9/11 is about remembering our loss that day...not the call to war. Many firemen in New York have window decals that say: "All Gave Some, Some Gave All"

That's your opinion Clone and I'm sure it's true for you and others but not for me.

When I see the words "never forget" I don't think first of the innocents who died or the heroes who died trying to save them.
I'm all for honoring and empathy but only Remembering them won't do anyone any good. Sending thoughts??

No I'm more inclined to think we need to REMEMBER that there are people like Osama Ben Laden out there who would do this again.
I think we need to remind ourselves that there are evil people, twisted people who will if given a chance murder our citizens.

And people like George W Bush who knew 911 was going to happen and used it as a pretense to go to war.
When is the American public going to figure out that this was a false flag attack and how tragic the loss of live really was because our out of control shadow government was behind it all

REMEMBER BUILDING SEVEN.
tell me why it collapsed?
(09-11-2012, 05:28 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(09-11-2012, 01:46 PM)tvguy Wrote:

And people like George W Bush who knew 911 was going to happen and used it as a pretense to go to war.
When is the American public going to figure out that this was a false flag attack and how tragic the loss of live really was because our out of control shadow government was behind it all

REMEMBER BUILDING SEVEN.
tell me why it collapsed?

To me 9/11 was the day twisted logic became the norm and Americans completely lost their minds as they willingly gave up their freedoms and any remaining pretence of an American democracy and handed the government over to very people bent on its destruction.
Yeah, well, to many of us, it's one day to remember and reflect.
Not to talk about soldiers, nor conspiracy theories nor political agendas.
Perhaps some never realized the magnitude of what happened.
I Heart New York and the people of New York who survived this attack.
I somehow, miraculously got through to my daughter in law in Fairfield California on the phone. I was yelling: "We're under attack! Go get the kids out of school!"

[Image: lest-we-forget.jpg]
(09-11-2012, 07:02 PM)Clone Wrote: Yeah, well, to many of us, it's one day to remember and reflect.
Not to talk about soldiers, nor conspiracy theories nor political agendas.
Perhaps some never realized the magnitude of what happened.
I Heart New York and the people of New York who survived this attack.
I somehow, miraculously got through to my daughter in law in Fairfield California on the phone. I was yelling: "We're under attack! Go get the kids out of school!"

[Image: lest-we-forget.jpg]

Since you were there and lived with it of course you are reflecting on the event itself but to others, who watched it dispassionately thousands of miles away have a different take on the event. And there are probably some 300 million different takes on what 9/11 means to them.
(09-11-2012, 07:39 PM)Leonard Wrote: Since you were there and lived with it of course you are reflecting on the event itself but to others, who watched it dispassionately thousands of miles away have a different take on the event. And there are probably some 300 million different takes on what 9/11 means to them.

You're right, of course.
I guess I was just saying we still needed just one day a year. One day to pause and reflect on the immensity of the tragedy. That's all! Smiling
Otherwise, believe me, I mostly agree with both you and Chuck.
But not on the actual 11th day of September...I just mourn the loss and remember the bravery and compassion of the residents of NY and NJ.
Apparently to a couple of you it's a day to remember your freaking crack pot tin foil hat wearing bullshit conspiracy theories.LaughingLaughing
(09-11-2012, 08:03 PM)Clone Wrote:
(09-11-2012, 07:39 PM)Leonard Wrote: Since you were there and lived with it of course you are reflecting on the event itself but to others, who watched it dispassionately thousands of miles away have a different take on the event. And there are probably some 300 million different takes on what 9/11 means to them.

You're right, of course.
I guess I was just saying we still needed just one day a year. One day to pause and reflect on the immensity of the tragedy. That's all! Smiling
Otherwise, believe me, I mostly agree with both you and Chuck.
But not on the actual 11th day of September...I just mourn the loss and remember the bravery and compassion of the residents of NY and NJ.

"White House hopeful Mitt Romney recounted Tuesday how he drove past the smoldering Pentagon on September 11, 2001, saying he was stunned by “the smell of war” that had reached American shores"............ http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/09/11/ro...1-attacks/
(09-11-2012, 11:16 AM)Larry Wrote: [Image: LyndseySalute.jpg]

I want to bring the topic back.

The ridiculous conspiracy theories have nothing to do with the reality of that event.

I wish for peace, which is difficult with the knowledge of those who hate us because of their religion.

It is even more difficult with the knowledge that they have the support of some Americans who claim to despise religious zeal.
(09-11-2012, 10:03 PM)Larry Wrote: I want to bring the topic back.

The ridiculous conspiracy theories have nothing to do with the reality of that event.

I wish for peace, which is difficult with the knowledge of those who hate us because of their religion.

It is even more difficult with the knowledge that they have the support of some Americans who claim to despise religious zeal.

You started it...I'm sorry.
Your grandaughter is so cute...but I honestly didn't understand why you connect soldiers to 9/11.
9/11 is about the victims, the victim's families, the first responders and everyone in NY and surrounding area to tirelessly help wherever they could.

The soldiers came later.
(09-11-2012, 10:08 PM)Clone Wrote:
(09-11-2012, 10:03 PM)Larry Wrote: I want to bring the topic back.

You started it...I'm sorry.
Your grandaughter is so cute...but I honestly didn't understand why you connect soldiers to 9/11.
9/11 is about the victims, the victim's families, the first responders and everyone in NY and surrounding area to tirelessly help wherever they could.

The soldiers came later.

I can't help it if you can't make the connection. Actually, I know better. I know you KNOW the connection, but you wish to separate it.

Sorry. I can't do that.
(09-11-2012, 10:11 PM)Larry Wrote: I can't help it if you can't make the connection. Actually, I know better. I know you KNOW the connection, but you wish to separate it.

Sorry. I can't do that.

Funny, coming from someone who should be able to comprehend having ONE FUCKING DAY in the year to honor the victims.

One fucking day...that's all.
How about how W connected Iraq with 9-11?