Fisheries Disasters Declared on Four Coasts
(09-13-2012, 07:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-13-2012, 07:38 PM)Clone Wrote:
(09-13-2012, 07:30 PM)Larry Wrote: I'm lying??? Laughing PONDER: Are you against fishing on your moral grounds, or not?

(I will be amazed if he answers this)

I've often read where he has stated his objection to 'catch and release'.
Not fishing to eat.
Thanks for your interest in the subject of our declining food supplies.

And you never paid any attention to the fact I brought up that it's impossible to sport fish OR commercial fish with out catch and release.

.This makes about as much sense as two bald old men fighting over an electric pencil sharpener in a lighthouse during a windstorm.
(09-13-2012, 07:30 PM)Larry Wrote:
(09-13-2012, 07:18 PM)Clone Wrote:
(09-13-2012, 06:47 PM)Larry Wrote: You DO understand, Clone, That Ponder WANTS an end to all fishing, even if there were too many fish. It's mean and real men wouldn't do anything so icky.

You're lying to make some kind of meaningless point.
And we obviously don't have to worry about too many fish, eh?

I'm lying??? Laughing PONDER: Are you against fishing on your moral grounds, or not?

I'm against causing pain to creatures in death. I'm not against fishing on moral grounds.
(09-13-2012, 08:17 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I'm against causing pain to creatures in death. I'm not against fishing on moral grounds.

Oh..okay.
I guess I misunderstood. Won't be the first time.
So, would you rather fish be caught by net?
But, then, the fish still struggles to breathe for a while.
(09-13-2012, 07:50 PM)Clone Wrote:
(09-13-2012, 07:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-13-2012, 07:38 PM)Clone Wrote:
(09-13-2012, 07:30 PM)Larry Wrote: I'm lying??? Laughing PONDER: Are you against fishing on your moral grounds, or not?

I've often read where he has stated his objection to 'catch and release'.
Not fishing to eat.
Thanks for your interest in the subject of our declining food supplies.

And you never paid any attention to the fact I brought up that it's impossible to sport fish OR commercial fish with out catch and release.

.This makes about as much sense as two bald old men fighting over an electric pencil sharpener in a lighthouse during a windstorm.

What part don't you get? Ponder has stated he's basically OK with fishing if it's for food and not for sport. And that catch and release fishing is for low-level humans who enjoy torturing an animal for their own amusement.

And like I said...it's impossible to sport fish OR commercial fish with out catch and release.

If anything doesn't make sense it's ponders position.
(09-13-2012, 08:27 PM)Clone Wrote:
(09-13-2012, 08:17 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I'm against causing pain to creatures in death. I'm not against fishing on moral grounds.

Oh..okay.

Yes, you are catching on. Fish caught for food are tortured all over the world when they are allowed to slowly suffocate.
But some guy like me who pays fees to the state to enhance fisheries and habitat. Who catches a bass for sport and gently releases it unharmed ... has no empathy, no moral compass, no consciousness and ENJOYS causing animals pain for my own personal pleasure.
I've never seen you give a shit about any other creatures suffering, or the suffering of people you dislike either. So far as empathy goes, your posts have revealed you really care about very little other than your own family and possibly soldiers, some people "need" to be killed, and you don't give a rats ass about other creatures suffering in death. I'm sure this is practically verbatim, actually.
(09-13-2012, 08:27 PM)Clone Wrote:

Oh..okay.

TV and I have been trying to tell you this. He is dancing around coming out and saying it to you.

He is AGAINST fishing. He is AGAINST hunting. Those who engage in those activities are sub-human.

BUT, he will buy and eat those things if someone else does it and Safeway has it nicely wrapped in cellophane. That makes it OK.
It's OK if it was humanely raised and dispatched. It's not OK otherwise. I've told you this many times, too.
We actually found huckleberries in the mountains behind Gasquet. And then, our GPS found us a shortcut. We were close to being Kims before we got back to 199. It was forty miles of bad road (But incredible views, like Bear Basin).
Last one to leave, turn off the lights.
(09-13-2012, 09:29 PM)PonderThis Wrote: It's OK if it was humanely raised and dispatched. It's not OK otherwise. I've told you this many times, too.

Define this. Define how aware you are of those conditions, as it relates to the meat you buy at the local store.

What is more humane? Cattle raised to slaughter, their final month tethered to a trough and grain fed? Or a deer that has lived free and then provides for me and my family? Which one of those lives was lived "humanely"?
I can tell you what isn't humane. Most of the deer I've seen killed in the woods (and, those left mutilated to die later).
(09-13-2012, 09:42 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I can tell you what isn't humane. Most of the deer I've seen killed in the woods (and, those left mutilated to die later).

Obfuscation and deflection. Non answer to the question.

Next question: The Butterball Turkey that spends it's entire life in a cage being force fed and injected with steroids for that juicy breast meat, or a wild FREE range turkey killed by me? Which is more "humane"?
(09-13-2012, 09:42 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I can tell you what isn't humane. Most of the deer I've seen killed in the woods (and, those left mutilated to die later).

He's seen it all Larry. All hunting is cruel and pointless cuz Ponder knows all about hunting.Razz
(09-13-2012, 09:49 PM)Larry Wrote:

Strawman

Next question: The Butterball Turkey that spends it's entire life in a cage being force fed and injected with steroids for that juicy breast meat, or a wild FREE range turkey killed by me? Which is more "humane"?

Of course the wild turkey had a better life than the caged turkey, at least up until the point it was shot.

As a practical matter, there aren't near enough wild animals to provide everyone the meat they'd like to eat. For you to think it's somehow OK for you to go kill wild animals in their natural environment while everyone else eats farm raised meat is an unsupportable ideal for most.
(09-13-2012, 10:00 PM)PonderThis Wrote:

Of course the wild turkey had a better life than the caged turkey, at least up until the point it was shot.

As a practical matter, there aren't near enough wild animals to provide everyone the meat they'd like to eat. For you to think it's somehow OK for you to go kill wild animals in their natural environment while everyone else eats farm raised meat is an unsupportable ideal for most.

You totally are missing the point, but not really. This is the game he plays Larry.

You did not explain what is wrong with Larry killing and eating the turkey. Instead you point out that not everyone can do this.

So what? No one said EVERYONE can. You avoided the question AGAIN and gave no logical answer to why it's not OK to kill the wild turkey.

Do you really think this bullshit tactic fools anyone?
If I was evil, I'd wish a death by shotgun pellets on you, too. A shot that wasn't too clean, and left you flopping for awhile. The best part being the pellets some predator has to spit out as they eat your miserable carcass. Ninja
(09-13-2012, 09:37 PM)Larry Wrote:
(09-13-2012, 09:29 PM)PonderThis Wrote: It's OK if it was humanely raised and dispatched. It's not OK otherwise. I've told you this many times, too.

Define this. Define how aware you are of those conditions, as it relates to the meat you buy at the local store.

What is more humane? Cattle raised to slaughter, their final month tethered to a trough and grain fed? Or a deer that has lived free and then provides for me and my family? Which one of those lives was lived "humanely"?

Read YOUR statement, and back it up. That is all I ask.