"Obama & Me" - Michael Lewis
I first read Michael Lewis's "Liars Poker". I like his straight at it style, his work ethic with research (as nearly as can be understood) and admired his varied interests.
From "Blind Side" through "Money Ball" to "The Big Short" he gives us his take on things that only a few authors seem to be able to easily explain.

His article in the October issue of "Vanity Fair", "Obama and Me", is curious because the president gave Lewis unusual access. Not Obama like at all. But, it is election season after all and Mr. Obama is a politician.

If required to rate the article, I say it's lightweight, yet Lewis does manage to expose some of the personal characteristics that gives us insight in how the presidents mind works, and how deliberate he is in reaching decisions.

Worth a read. I know at least some of the text is on the following site, but I read it in the magazine and don't know if they include it all.

For what it's worth. (Yea Simon, I know).
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/2012/...rack-obama
(09-14-2012, 10:55 AM)Wonky Wrote: I first read Michael Lewis's "Liars Poker". I like his straight at it style, his work ethic with research (as nearly as can be understood) and admired his varied interests.
From "Blind Side" through "Money Ball" to "The Big Short" he gives us his take on things that only a few authors seem to be able to easily explain.

His article in the October issue of "Vanity Fair", "Obama and Me", is curious because the president gave Lewis unusual access. Not Obama like at all. But, it is election season after all and Mr. Obama is a politician.

If required to rate the article, I say it's lightweight, yet Lewis does manage to expose some of the personal characteristics that gives us insight in how the presidents mind works, and how deliberate he is in reaching decisions.

Worth a read. I know at least some of the text is on the following site, but I read it in the magazine and don't know if they include it all.

For what it's worth. (Yea Simon, I know).
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/2012/...rack-obama

I read this the day it was published, online. It is the complete essay written for Vanity Fair. However, although not stated, I fully expect that it was only prelude to a book, yet to be written.

Lewis is a marvelous biographer; he truly knows how to listen and pay attention to the details that are woven to portray a complete individual. I did not find the piece to be "lightweight" at all; in fact, I came away even more confident in Obama's decision making process, than I was previously. I'm sure that Lewis was granted access, because of his incredible resume as a writer with profound insights in any subject he has tackled. Obama's intelligence and deliberation is captured for all to see, for any willing to do so.