Dog/Pet Stories
Scrapper's thread about the Dogs and the Paradox was really cute. Then TVG posted that picture of his dog lazing on the couch. It made me think of things my dog does which are amusing (or irritating).

She is a teacup poodle, so I let her sleep on my bed. We get along just fine until it is morning. She must sense that I am waking up even before I am aware of it and starts to hop all over the bed. If I don't acknowledge her she will bark at me. If I keep 'playing 'possum' she will jump off the bed. That's when I have to jump out too because if she isn't let out immediately, she'll pee on the rug. Dry
(09-19-2012, 05:00 PM)TennisMom Wrote: Scrapper's thread about the Dogs and the Paradox was really cute. Then TVG posted that picture of his dog lazing on the couch. It made me think of things my dog does which are amusing (or irritating).

She is a teacup poodle, so I let her sleep on my bed. We get along just fine until it is morning. She must sense that I am waking up even before I am aware of it and starts to hop all over the bed. If I don't acknowledge her she will bark at me. If I keep 'playing 'possum' she will jump off the bed. That's when I have to jump out too because if she isn't let out immediately, she'll pee on the rug. Dry

It's good you have an alarm clock. It's also good that she has no problem going all night with out wanting out. Where's the picture?

Our dog likes to bed and couch hop. I usually fall asleep on the couch and my wife in the bedroom. Plus there is another bed and another couch. She uses them all.
When I'm stretched out on the couch she walks up near my feet and signals me that she wants me to move my legs.
She does this by shaking her head so hard her ears make this slapping noiseLaughing

Anyway if I pretend I don't see her she just takes her big head and moves my legsLaughing
I have a basset hound, my rose is great. Not the brightest when it comes to squirrel she actually hates them in her yard. But she is my baby. And if someone will help me post a picture I will.
(09-19-2012, 05:53 PM)blondemom Wrote: I have a basset hound, my rose is great. Not the brightest when it comes to squirrel she actually hates them in her yard. But she is my baby. And if someone will help me post a picture I will.

Join this free site and then I'll show you how to use it to post a picture.Big Grin It's easy http://photobucket.com/
(09-19-2012, 06:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-19-2012, 05:53 PM)blondemom Wrote: I have a basset hound, my rose is great. Not the brightest when it comes to squirrel she actually hates them in her yard. But she is my baby. And if someone will help me post a picture I will.

Join this free site and then I'll show you how to use it to post a picture.Big Grin It's easy http://photobucket.com/

I have joined so many sites that I don't want to any more, yes I sound like a whiny 17 year old right, I have tried to post pictures here and it never works right
Ok so I did it Sad so what do I do now
[Image: DSCN0039_zps2d8d6693.jpg]

this is rose

Ok it worked
(09-19-2012, 06:16 PM)blondemom Wrote:
(09-19-2012, 06:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I have joined so many sites that I don't want to any more, yes I sound like a whiny 17 year old right, I have tried to post pictures here and it never works right

The only way I know of to post a picture of your own is to use a free image hosting site.
You give them your name and email addy and make up a clever password like mydogrose.

I can't help you otherwise.
(09-19-2012, 06:26 PM)blondemom Wrote: [Image: DSCN0039_zps2d8d6693.jpg]

this is rose

Ok it worked

Nice, That's a great photo too.
[Image: l.jpg]

From left to right: Tabitha, me, Tommy the Cat.
hey Blondmom.I cropped your pic and enhanced it just a littleSmiling

[Image: Rose_zps9f0b18b9.jpg]
(09-19-2012, 06:45 PM)csrowan Wrote: [Image: l.jpg]

From left to right: Tabitha, me, Tommy the Cat.

You are the one in the middle? Wink The cats look healthySmiling
(09-19-2012, 06:48 PM)tvguy Wrote: hey Blondmom.I cropped your pic and enhanced it just a littleSmiling

[Image: Rose_zps9f0b18b9.jpg]

thanks
(09-19-2012, 06:48 PM)tvguy Wrote: hey Blondmom.I cropped your pic and enhanced it just a littleSmiling
Great idea...Big Grin

...damn my competitive nature
[Image: xckac1.jpg]
OK, TM, here's a story and I swear it's true.

Years ago (about 30) I had a black and white spaniel/lab mix. He wasn't fixed. And he knocked up the neighbors dog. About 4 months later I was sleeping in bed with my husband when I heard the front door to our house open. (we had this door that you only had to push to open and never locked it) I thought it was the wind so I didn't get up. (I know your New York mind has trouble with this part, but I'm not a door locker.) After a few minutes I heard a sound that I couldn't identify, so I got up and went into the living room to check it out. When I turned on the light in the living room, I found a small female dog. And with her were 6 little puppies! When she saw me, she marched past me into my bedroom with her 6 little puppies in tow. In my room was my dog. She marched right up to him and sat there. The puppies came too, rolling and galloping about. My dog acted very nervous. I picked up a puppy and held it under his nose. (they looked like him) He turned his head and pretended it wasn't there. After the puppies settled down and started to nap, the mama dog turned heel and marched off with no looks back. She marched on down the driveway and down the street to her house. Leaving the deadbeat dad with the progeny! The next day I took the litter to the house that dog lived at and the owner told me that indeed my dog was the father of the puppies! I swear that is a true story. Hilarious.
Hey blondemom! Congrats on the technology victory!Big Grin
(09-19-2012, 07:13 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Hey blondemom! Congrats on the technology victory!Big Grin

thanks. I have another damn account I have to remember the password too, like I don't have enough to remember.Laughing
(09-19-2012, 07:16 PM)blondemom Wrote:
(09-19-2012, 07:13 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Hey blondemom! Congrats on the technology victory!Big Grin

thanks. I have another damn account I have to remember the password too, like I don't have enough to remember.Laughing

I just use http://tinypic.com/

You don't have to have a membership. The only drawback to not having a membership is that you can't log in to see all the photos you've uploaded. You'd need to either keep a list of the pictures and the addresses for each one, or re-upload the photo if you ever want to link it online again.
[Image: DSCN2495_zpsadaa2647.jpg]

This is Rose with 2 of my 3 grand dogs the center one is Gizmo, the other one is Aries
(Now I have to figure out how to crop the picture, or some one else can do it for me)
Cute!