I'm afraid
I'm afraid that Mitt Romney may actually be elected.

By any rational measure, Romney should be failing miserably in the polls, after the worst imaginable month, in memory.

He is not. Basically, he is tied with Obama in national polls. Partisans will want to point that Obama is leading in tipping point state polls, but not nearly as much as he should be, given the disasters Romney has suffered through.

I truly fear for our country if Romney is elected. I fear that we will be at war on many fronts; both economically and physically, within the first year of a Romney presidency, and the general populace will suffer. Everything he has stated regarding his approach to allies, foes, and inbetweeners, has already prompted reactions around the world; and those reactions are not favorable to the US. Many are downright frightening.

Romney's disdain or at best, his indifference, to those struggling is mind boggling. I really don't think he is evil, but he has lived such a privileged life, that he just has no concept of what it is to be a member of the middle class, or those struggling to achieve that status. Every statement he makes, from his thoughts about "victims", or his remedy when he repeals the Affordable Care Act being to use Emergency Rooms as the solution for the 50 million uninsured, shows incompetence and insularity that is hard to imagine.

I have never witnessed such a transparent politician in a lifetime of closely following politics in this country. This man has taken so many different positions, that it should be obvious to any willing to examine the record, that his character is mere caricature.

Yet, he is tied with Obama.

A large portion of the American people are so stupid or so uniformed, that they are willing to vote for this snake oil salesman, and that is frightening.
I agree with you that Romney is really, really bad. The only problem is, Obama is seen by many as not a whole lot better. Enough better I'm going to vote for him, but not so much I'm enthusiastic about it.

And, it looks like we'll be sucked into war with Iran whoever is elected, too.
I apologize; I meant to post this in the Debate section.

I flubbed.
I've never seen the reason for the distinctions anyway, and I always enter the forum by the "View Todays Posts" button too (where, they all show up regardless of category).
I afraid who ever wins nothing will change, I'm afraid my vote won't matter. I'd be shaking in my boots but I'm barefoot.
Be afraid of women drivers or bad weather. If you've got to worry about something be realistic.
(09-25-2012, 06:56 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I've never seen the reason for the distinctions anyway, and I always enter the forum by the "View Todays Posts" button too (where, they all show up regardless of category).

Same here, I don't need no stinking category.
Well Chris, I don't know what polls you are relying upon, but I see that the race is close in some of those polls. I think that you need to consider that the Obama campaign is spending their limited funds in battle ground states therefore the other states that Obama could always rely on are slipping a bit right. Still, I am not worried as much as you appear to be. God knows there are people so stupid that they would vote for anyone other than Obama. These folks are misguided fools. I am trying not to associate with any of them in the real world. They are plain fucking stupid and they hate facts.
(09-25-2012, 07:43 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Well Chris, I don't know what polls you are relying upon, but I see that the race is close in some of those polls. I think that you need to consider that the Obama campaign is spending their limited funds in battle ground states therefore the other states that Obama could always rely on are slipping a bit right. Still, I am not worried as much as you appear to be. God knows there are people so stupid that they would vote for anyone other than Obama. These folks are misguided fools. I am trying not to associate with any of them in the real world. They are plain fucking stupid and they hate facts.

What I like about you is your abilitie to see both sides of so many issues and how you treat those who think differently than you with such respect.

I told Cheetah about this

[Image: Laughing_ChimpM.gif]
Just like you. Oh and Cheetah has an IQ of 32.
(09-25-2012, 08:52 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Just like you. Oh and Cheetah has an IQ of 32.

And your point?Laughing Mine cletus is stop sounding so much like Ponder.

Just because you can't fathom what goes through the mind of some bible thumping republican. That doesn't mean they are all plain fucking stupid.

Just because some people choose to be soldiers and serve this country doesn't mean they are people to be looked down upon like they are dirt.
Can we vote for Cheetah instead?
(09-25-2012, 06:36 PM)Chris Wrote: I'm afraid that Mitt Romney may actually be elected.

By any rational measure, Romney should be failing miserably in the polls, after the worst imaginable month, in memory.

He is not. Basically, he is tied with Obama in national polls. Partisans will want to point that Obama is leading in tipping point state polls, but not nearly as much as he should be, given the disasters Romney has suffered through.

I truly fear for our country if Romney is elected. I fear that we will be at war on many fronts; both economically and physically, within the first year of a Romney presidency, and the general populace will suffer. Everything he has stated regarding his approach to allies, foes, and inbetweeners, has already prompted reactions around the world; and those reactions are not favorable to the US. Many are downright frightening.

Romney's disdain or at best, his indifference, to those struggling is mind boggling. I really don't think he is evil, but he has lived such a privileged life, that he just has no concept of what it is to be a member of the middle class, or those struggling to achieve that status. Every statement he makes, from his thoughts about "victims", or his remedy when he repeals the Affordable Care Act being to use Emergency Rooms as the solution for the 50 million uninsured, shows incompetence and insularity that is hard to imagine.

I have never witnessed such a transparent politician in a lifetime of closely following politics in this country. This man has taken so many different positions, that it should be obvious to any willing to examine the record, that his character is mere caricature.

Yet, he is tied with Obama.

A large portion of the American people are so stupid or so uniformed, that they are willing to vote for this snake oil salesman, and that is frightening.

Good post, and we won't even go into how he is perceived abroad. I said in 2008 Obama wouldn't be much better than Bush in policy and we know Romney will think of America as a corporation, to be treated as he did at Bain.

The country looted at even faster rate by Corporations. Since Reagan the presidency has become the apologist and the government agencies the Complaint Departments for the looters and for any number of inexplicable reasons the people don't see it, don't want to see it or just don't care.

The people have been opiated by TV, religion, fear of job security, endless electioneering, lack of a proper education resulting in losing the ability to think and/or doped up with something from big Pharma.

The future does not look to bright for our children and their children on this planet of dwindling resources and increasing climate change.
The path to soldierhood is sort of like a machanic's tree chart. Where you've answered wrong, every time.
(09-25-2012, 08:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-25-2012, 07:43 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Well Chris, I don't know what polls you are relying upon, but I see that the race is close in some of those polls. I think that you need to consider that the Obama campaign is spending their limited funds in battle ground states therefore the other states that Obama could always rely on are slipping a bit right. Still, I am not worried as much as you appear to be. God knows there are people so stupid that they would vote for anyone other than Obama. These folks are misguided fools. I am trying not to associate with any of them in the real world. They are plain fucking stupid and they hate facts.

What I like about you is your abilitie to see both sides of so many issues and how you treat those who think differently than you with such respect.

[Image: Laughing_ChimpM.gif]

No kidding.... I could care less about either of the candidates and I won't pass judgement on other peoples beliefs.
(09-25-2012, 08:52 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Just like you. Oh and Cheetah has an IQ of 32.

Cheetah should be running for Prez then! Maybe we could at least get the cost of bananas down if he was elected.
(09-26-2012, 06:34 AM)HoneyhalfWitch Wrote:

No kidding.... I could care less about either of the candidates and I won't pass judgement on other peoples beliefs.
Well, I pass judgement on everyone's beliefs and so do most other people. Some people just keep quiet about what they think. I don't keep quiet because ummmm, this is a frigging discussion forum.

Besides, TVguy passes more judgement than a flatulent hippo passes gas. He is one of the most disrespectful posters here, especially when someone says something he disagrees with. Yet he can admonish other people for not being able to see both sides of an issue. Now that takes courage.
I care about my Country.
Therefore, I care about the candidates.
And... I do make judgement on other's ridiculous, moronic decisions... like deciding to vote for Rmoney! Rolling Eyes
(09-26-2012, 08:23 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

What I like about you is your abilities to see both sides of so many issues and how you treat those who think differently than you with such respect.

Well, I pass judgement on everyone's beliefs and so do most other people. Some people just keep quiet about what they think. I don't keep quiet because ummmm, this is a frigging discussion forum.

Besides, TVguy passes more judgement than a flatulent hippo passes gas. He is one of the most disrespectful posters here, especially when someone says something he disagrees with. Yet he can admonish other people for not being able to see both sides of an issue. Now that takes courage.

I knew that would be your response Cletus. But when someone says something I disagree with like what?
You bet I pass judgment on people who put down everyone else who don't believe in their insane, fairytale or delusional ideas.

But anyway your response is to say BUT TVguy is worse than me comes off pretty junior high.
The truth is that I always try to see both sides more that most on this forum. For that I get called a cop hater and a racist.

And before you claim that's because I always take a certain side DON'T. It's because I often won't take EITHER side.

I was hammered by this forum because I wouldn't agree that people who still believe in bullfighting are not sick in the head. Or that it took courage to fight a bull .
NOT because I was in favor of this ancient practice. I only tried to point out that we can't judge people from a totally different culture.

The same with Trevor Martin, I didn't take a side on that either and for that of course, I'm a racist.

You claim you pass judgment on everyone's beliefs and so do most other people.
And you justify that because this is a frigging discussion forum

What part of a discussion is it when you call the other party "plain fucking stupid"

If you can't see the Ponder similarity of you calling half of the entire country plain fucking stupid because they are republicans. And Ponder calling everyone he disagrees with low-level humans then you need to open your eyes.

Yes I do admonish the the couple American hating scum on this forum who have no respect for our soldiers or anyone who does something they don't understand. They aren't here for a discussion, they are here to spread their hate for America, hunters soldiers cops or whatever.
But you haven't seen me call half the country plain fucking stupid because they aren't liberals. because they are POLITICALLY different.
As a matter of fact the so called libs on this forum claim I'm not a lib and the right wingers claim I am.
That alone says I think for myself and I'm not in lock step with any of you.
(09-26-2012, 10:10 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-26-2012, 08:23 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

What I like about you is your abilities to see both sides of so many issues and how you treat those who think differently than you with such respect.

I knew that would be your response Cletus. But when someone says something I disagree with like what?
So many words, so inadequate a defense.

Like what? Really? You have made some of the most mean spirited responses to other posters that I have read here. Like your response to csrowan, Tennismom Clone, Scrapper and anyone else that says something that YOU think is stupid. Do you need me to repost some of them? This is the beyond pot/kettle. Its like the black of space compared to twilight. Maybe I will do a poll to see who thinks you're an arrogant prick and who does not.
I would like to see that poll; perhaps it would finally dawn on tvguy that he is the most repugnant, obscene, nasty, disrespectful, mean spirited, judgmental poster to have ever graced this forum. Frankly, he is completely delusional if he is not aware of how he is perceived. Maybe a poll will help persuade him that he is completely out of bounds in how he responds to others, and find a civilized way of communicating.