Resort's Sewage Snow Wins
(09-27-2012, 05:21 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(09-27-2012, 05:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-27-2012, 05:09 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Well, they did own the land until we stole it from them...

"WE" gave it back to Ham sandwich, he emailed me a copy of the deed to some land he was granted in Oklahoma.

You're not very funny.

You don't think any native Americans have been given anything?
For as little respect as you give, it will be a long time before you every get much respect in return for much of anything. OK, your patriotism, the last refuge of scoundrels. That's pretty much it.
(09-27-2012, 04:18 PM)broadzilla Wrote: be careful of what write in a public forum as it might come back and bite you in the arse

Yes, when people post ignorant things on a public forum for all to see... it could very well come back to bite them in the ass.

Perhaps you should take your own advice.
(09-27-2012, 05:23 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-27-2012, 05:21 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(09-27-2012, 05:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-27-2012, 05:09 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Well, they did own the land until we stole it from them...

"WE" gave it back to Ham sandwich, he emailed me a copy of the deed to some land he was granted in Oklahoma.

You're not very funny.

You don't think any native Americans have been given anything?

Small pox and headstones for starters...
(09-27-2012, 04:51 PM)tvguy Wrote: Why should any white people either? Sorry but the people who lived here before whites came weren't some lovable peaceful Hollywood injuns.

There were bloodthirsty violent tribes who waged war on each other, kidnapped, scalped and tortured their enemies. They were just like white people were many centuries earlier only they were barely out of the stone age.
They quickly learned to use horses the Spanish brought, especially the brutal Comanche who used them to conquer other tribes and expand their Territory.

JUST LIKE THE EUROPEANS!!

Are you even vaguely aware of the influence of the Iroquois Federation on the Articles of Confederation and the Declaration of Independence?

Are you even vaguely aware that Sequoyah, a Cherokee, realized his people needed a written language so, all by himself, devised a syllabary of their language and before America was a country the Cherokees were printing and reading newspapers in their own language?(and the Sequoia Tree was named after him?)

....tenets of the Iroquois Confederation directly influenced Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson in their drafting of the Declaration of Independence and Articles of Confederation. The Iroquois and their example of confederation provided the basis for the American system of federal democracy that exists today.

The relation of the six Iroquois nations to the Iroquois league compares to the relation of American states to the union. Johansen also likens the Iroquois Confederation to the League of Nations and the United Nations. In some respects the Iroquois Confederation was more similar to these international governing bodies since each nation under the Confederation was completely sovereign and the Iroquois League, "dealt only with international concerns of peace and war," (15).
Political ideas such as women's suffrage, separation of church and state, federalism, servant leadership, and checks and balances are found in the Iroquois Confederation. According to Cohen anti-establishmentism and social welfare are also strictly Indian ideal. "American disrespect for established authority had Indian roots, as did the American penchant for sharing with those in need," (13). Not only the ideals and values embedded in our government, but also the structure of American government are distinctly Iroquoian. Johansen quotes Francis Jennings as saying, "What white society owes to Indian society, as much as to any other source, is the mere fact of its existence," (19).

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_Co...z27ibwSqOh
Simon Peckerneck doesn't care for Michelle Obama.

He doesn't find her attractive.

He thinks she's fat.

Edited to add: Oh. Excuse me. Wrong thread? Ooopsie.
I knew you couldn't face a simple fact. Clone was preaching respect and practicing something else.
Color it all you want, make excuses all you want , claim I deserve it all you want.

I knew you would.
(09-27-2012, 05:26 PM)Clone Wrote:
(09-27-2012, 04:51 PM)tvguy Wrote: Why should any white people either? Sorry but the people who lived here before whites came weren't some lovable peaceful Hollywood injuns.

There were bloodthirsty violent tribes who waged war on each other, kidnapped, scalped and tortured their enemies. They were just like white people were many centuries earlier only they were barely out of the stone age.
They quickly learned to use horses the Spanish brought, especially the brutal Comanche who used them to conquer other tribes and expand their Territory.

JUST LIKE THE EUROPEANS!!

Are you even vaguely aware of the influence of the Iroquois Federation on the Articles of Confederation and the Declaration of Independence?

Are you even vaguely aware that Sequoyah, a Cherokee, realized his people needed a written language so, all by himself, devised a syllabary of their language and before America was a country the Cherokees were printing and reading newspapers in their own language?(and the Sequoia Tree was named after him?)

....tenets of the Iroquois Confederation directly influenced Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson in their drafting of the Declaration of Independence and Articles of Confederation. The Iroquois and their example of confederation provided the basis for the American system of federal democracy that exists today.

The relation of the six Iroquois nations to the Iroquois league compares to the relation of American states to the union. Johansen also likens the Iroquois Confederation to the League of Nations and the United Nations. In some respects the Iroquois Confederation was more similar to these international governing bodies since each nation under the Confederation was completely sovereign and the Iroquois League, "dealt only with international concerns of peace and war," (15).
Political ideas such as women's suffrage, separation of church and state, federalism, servant leadership, and checks and balances are found in the Iroquois Confederation. According to Cohen anti-establishmentism and social welfare are also strictly Indian ideal. "American disrespect for established authority had Indian roots, as did the American penchant for sharing with those in need," (13). Not only the ideals and values embedded in our government, but also the structure of American government are distinctly Iroquoian. Johansen quotes Francis Jennings as saying, "What white society owes to Indian society, as much as to any other source, is the mere fact of its existence," (19).

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_Co...z27ibwSqOh

What the hell is your point? Did I say no Native American ever contributed anything to this government?

My point was that many of the indigenous people who lived here were just as brutal and violent as the Europeans who came later.
I sure as hell didn't mean to impugn all Indians, I've only tried to point out that they were no better than us as far as the morals and violence everyone wants to accuse Europeans of lacking.
(09-27-2012, 05:30 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Simon Peckerneck doesn't care for Michelle Obama.

He doesn't find her attractive.

He thinks she's fat.

Edited to add: Oh. Excuse me. Wrong thread? Ooopsie.

Sorry scrap, I can't give you the attention you are lacking. My posts are against political entities and I don't care to make personal attacks against RVF posters unless it is in jest and in response to a personal attack. I wish no harm to anyone here and wish the best for all who live in this great America. I am sure that it would be much appreciated if you dropped you little grudge and moved on. Wink
(09-27-2012, 05:46 PM)tvguy Wrote: What the hell is your point? Did I say no Native American ever contributed anything to this government?

My point was that many of the indigenous people who lived here were just as brutal and violent as the Europeans who came later.
I sure as hell didn't mean to impugn all Indians, I've only tried to point out that they were no better than us as far as the morals and violence everyone wants to accuse Europeans of lacking.

My point being Native Americans are woven into the very fiber of this country.
Have you ever checked out the Great Seal of the United States? The picture of the eagle clutching 13 arrows in his left talon...pure Indian. The message being one arrow will break but much more difficult to break if held together.
They had no word for 'steal'.
They had no word for 'mine'.
Europeans were the savages.
They're the ones who taught the practice of scalping.

"American disrespect for established authority had Indian roots, as did the American penchant for sharing with those in need," . Not only the ideals and values embedded in our government, but also the structure of American government are distinctly Iroquoian. Johansen quotes Francis Jennings as saying, "What white society owes to Indian society, as much as to any other source, is the mere fact of its existence," .
[Image: bowing-036.gif]

Smiling
(09-27-2012, 06:02 PM)Clone Wrote:
(09-27-2012, 05:46 PM)tvguy Wrote: What the hell is your point? Did I say no Native American ever contributed anything to this government?

Have you ever checked out the Great Seal of the United States? The picture of the eagle clutching 13 arrows in his left talon...pure Indian. The message being one arrow will break but much more difficult to break if held together.

"American disrespect for established authority had Indian roots, as did the American penchant for sharing with those in need," . Not only the ideals and values embedded in our government, but also the structure of American government are distinctly Iroquoian. Johansen quotes Francis Jennings as saying, "What white society owes to Indian society, as much as to any other source, is the mere fact of its existence," .

They had no words for steal or mine...........they wrote a constitution.....DERP much?
Something to consider is the sovereign nation status of Native American tribes. I picked this link, not because it best describes the relationship between the tribes and the US government the best, but because the video shows native American cops which could result in TVguy touching himself in an involuntary way because of his love of cops in uniforms. Big Grin

http://www.pauma-nsn.gov/pauma-sovereignty.html
(09-27-2012, 06:28 PM)Simon Peter Wrote: They had no words for steal or mine...........they wrote a constitution.....DERP much?

You don't have to take my word for it; I've already presented a paper; now you can read about a Fordham University study of the Iroquois Confederation:

"....You will find it very difficult to keep in mind that it survives after some 500 or 600 years, and was originated by people that our ancestors mistakenly considered as "savages". Some sources place the origin of the Five Nation Confederacy as early as 1390 AD, but others insist it was prepared about 1450-1500 AD; in any case, it was well before any possible contamination by European invaders. Early explorers and colonists found the Iroquois well established, as they had been for many generations: with a democratic government; with a form of religion that acknowledged a Creator in heaven; with a strong sense of family which was based on, and controlled by, their women; and many other surprises you will soon discover.".......

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/iroquois.asp
(09-27-2012, 07:07 PM)Clone Wrote:
(09-27-2012, 06:28 PM)Simon Peter Wrote: They had no words for steal or mine...........they wrote a constitution.....DERP much?

You don't have to take my word for it; I've already presented a paper; now you can read about a Fordham University study of the Iroquois Confederation:

"....You will find it very difficult to keep in mind that it survives after some 500 or 600 years, and was originated by people that our ancestors mistakenly considered as "savages". Some sources place the origin of the Five Nation Confederacy as early as 1390 AD, but others insist it was prepared about 1450-1500 AD; in any case, it was well before any possible contamination by European invaders. Early explorers and colonists found the Iroquois well established, as they had been for many generations: with a democratic government; with a form of religion that acknowledged a Creator in heaven; with a strong sense of family which was based on, and controlled by, their women; and many other surprises you will soon discover.".......

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/iroquois.asp

Derp derp. Good stuff derpy.:-)
[Image: very_interesting.gif]
(09-27-2012, 06:02 PM)Clone Wrote:

They had no word for steal? So when the went to rip off horses from other tribes they used sign language? Did they have a word for TORTURE or KIDNAPPING if not it sure didn't stop them from these kind of practices
When did I say they weren't part of the "very fiber of this country'?

Quote: Europeans were the savages.

I've read that also, but I've read the opposite even more.

I can see that you are going to continue to believe the fairy tale that Indians were just lovable non violent harmonious creatures.
That's crock a shit. Of course some were. But so were some whites.
(09-27-2012, 07:02 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Something to consider is the sovereign nation status of Native American tribes. I picked this link, not because it best describes the relationship between the tribes and the US government the best, but because the video shows native American cops which could result in TVguy touching himself in an involuntary way because of his love of cops in uniforms. Big Grin

http://www.pauma-nsn.gov/pauma-sovereignty.html

You know Cleter the truth is that YOU are the one with a cop problem not me.
Mine are shaped with what I see or read and without that big old Bias you pack around with you. I don't guess or try and read between the lines like you.
Paradise Ranch dumps their sewage into the air of Merlin. Maybe they could turn it into a ski resort, instead of turning Merlin into a shit hole.