Simon: are you a Troll?
Simon: According the the generally accepted definition, an internet troll is:
Quote:In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[3]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[4] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[5] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions and harassment outside of an online context.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Do you consider yourself a Troll? If not, what reasoning can you present to argue that you are not a Troll?
(09-28-2012, 02:18 PM)csrowan Wrote: Simon: According the the generally accepted definition, an internet troll is:
Quote:In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[3]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[4] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[5] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions and harassment outside of an online context.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Do you consider yourself a Troll? If not, what reasoning can you present to argue that you are not a Troll?

No I don't. I do think this thread it trolling though and as far as emotional responses, please take a look at your own signature.
(09-28-2012, 02:23 PM)Simon Peter Wrote:
(09-28-2012, 02:18 PM)csrowan Wrote: Do you consider yourself a Troll? If not, what reasoning can you present to argue that you are not a Troll?

No I don't. I do think this thread it trolling though and as far as emotional responses, please take a look at your own signature.

I am not calling you a Troll. I am asking you to provide evidence that you are not. If you are unable to do so, then and only then will I call you a Troll in public.

I notice that you do not provide any reasoning to explain why you are not a Troll.

If you are offended by my suggestion that you may possibly be a Troll, all you have to do is show that you are not one and I will apologize for slighting you.

I also notice that I have never called people names, assumed they are incapable of reason, or claimed that I am right without the possibility of being disproven. My signature states as much. If you believe I am mistaken, you are welcome to provide your reasoning and evidence as to why I am wrong.
(09-28-2012, 02:34 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(09-28-2012, 02:23 PM)Simon Peter Wrote:
(09-28-2012, 02:18 PM)csrowan Wrote: Do you consider yourself a Troll? If not, what reasoning can you present to argue that you are not a Troll?

I am not calling you a Troll. I am asking you to provide evidence that you are not. If you are unable to do so, then and only then will I call you a Troll in public.

I notice that you do not provide any reasoning to explain why you are not a Troll.

If you are offended by my suggestion that you may possibly be a Troll, all you have to do is show that you are not one and I will apologize for slighting you.

I also notice that I have never called people names, assumed they are incapable of reason, or claimed that I am right without the possibility of being disproven. My signature states as much. If you believe I am mistaken, you are welcome to provide your reasoning and evidence as to why I am wrong.

Evidence I am not a troll? Are you requesting I provide you with a hair or stool sample so you can compare my DNA with troll DNA? Laughing
(09-28-2012, 02:39 PM)Simon Peter Wrote: Evidence I am not a troll? Are you requesting I provide you with a hair or stool sample so you can compare my DNA with troll DNA? Laughing

I am asking you if you believe that the majority your posts contribute to the exploration of a topic and are not posted for the primary purpose of disrupting more-or-less civil conversation on a topic.

If that is what you believe, I am asking you to explain how posting Photoshopped pictures of Michelle Obama and advocatiing murder and suicide by Romney supporters who are afraid that Obama will win the election is not Trolling. I really would like to hear you explain it.
(09-28-2012, 02:52 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(09-28-2012, 02:39 PM)Simon Peter Wrote: Evidence I am not a troll? Are you requesting I provide you with a hair or stool sample so you can compare my DNA with troll DNA? Laughing

I am asking you if you believe that the majority your posts contribute to the exploration of a topic and are not posted for the primary purpose of disrupting more-or-less civil conversation on a topic.

If that is what you believe, I am asking you to explain how posting Photoshopped pictures of Michelle Obama and advocatiing murder and suicide by Romney supporters who are afraid that Obama will win the election is not Trolling. I really would like to hear you explain it.

Fer cryin out loud, get a grip and quit being a ninny.
My older cousins took me troll hunting one night. I gave me a burlap bag that I had to hold open near the ground while making a troll call sound chi-chi-chi. I never caught a single troll.
If this was a moderated forum, this topic would be pulled.

CS, seems you have learned that you can type whatever you want about anyone on this forum. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. (sarc.)
(09-28-2012, 04:22 PM)broadzilla Wrote: If this was a moderated forum, this topic would be pulled.

CS, seems you have learned that you can type whatever you want about anyone on this forum. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. (sarc.)

If this was a moderated forum, Simon would be banned.

EDIT: I did not accuse Simon of being a troll. I asked him if he was one, and if he did not consider himself a troll, to explain why. So far, he has not presented any explanations.
(09-28-2012, 04:25 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(09-28-2012, 04:22 PM)broadzilla Wrote: If this was a moderated forum, this topic would be pulled.

Nope, just given a 3 day hiatus every once in a while.

So, if you don't like what he has to say why don't you use the "foe" option?

Nope, instead you make a whole thread to make him look bad.

Real classy there, dude. Cool
(09-28-2012, 04:27 PM)broadzilla Wrote: Nope, instead you make a whole thread to make him look bad.

In my opinion, Simon was doing that all by himself before this thread was started.
(09-28-2012, 04:27 PM)broadzilla Wrote:
(09-28-2012, 04:25 PM)csrowan Wrote:

There's never a rude crude poster here that you don't defend either. Except when they post pictures you find prurient.
(09-28-2012, 04:31 PM)PonderThis Wrote: There's never a rude crude poster here that you don't defend either. Except when they post pictures you find prurient.

That might just be true. After all, I have defended almost everyone on here at least once...including Scrapper, Clone, and you. Smiling
Making a whole thread to personally dig at a person should not be tolerated, no matter who it calls out...IMO.
Simon pretty much asks for it, and glories in it.
(09-28-2012, 04:33 PM)broadzilla Wrote:
(09-28-2012, 04:31 PM)PonderThis Wrote: There's never a rude crude poster here that you don't defend either. Except when they post pictures you find prurient.

That might just be true. After all, I have defended almost everyone on here at least once...including Scrapper, Clone, and you. Smiling
Making a whole thread to personally dig at a person should not be tolerated, no matter who it calls out...IMO.

And what is your opinion of a person who primarily posts digs at people? Should they be tolerated?
The greater percentage of people on this forum take digs at each other.
I would love it if no one did.
But to pick just one out of the group doesn't seem fair.

Now if you'd like to start threads on everyone who has taken a personal dig at someone in the past few days I can make you a list...and it would include you after this thread, as well as quite a few others.
(09-28-2012, 04:39 PM)broadzilla Wrote: The greater percentage of people on this forum take digs at each other.
I would love it if no one did.
But to pick just one out of the group doesn't seem fair.

Now if you'd like to start threads on everyone who has taken a personal dig at someone in the past few days I can make you a list...and it would include you after this thread, as well as quite a few others.

There are a number of people who have taken digs at others. I disapprove of them all. However, in my opinion, only Simon has shown a complete unwillingness to converse about differing opinions. This is why I have singled him out.

Yes, this thread singles Simon out. However, I have not accused him of anything. I provided a definition of Troll and asked him if he thought he was one, and if not, why not.

As you can see, he has not provided any explanation, only a denial.
(09-28-2012, 04:36 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(09-28-2012, 04:33 PM)broadzilla Wrote:

And what is your opinion of a person who primarily posts digs at people? Should they be tolerated?

We may dig at each other.......quite often. But I don't wish for anyone to be banned because they disagree with me or call me names. This is a community of sorts and I would give clone or scabby my last dime if they were in need no matter how much they despise my views. I believe they would do the same for me for they are not bad people, just stupid liberals.Smiling
(09-28-2012, 04:27 PM)broadzilla Wrote:
(09-28-2012, 04:25 PM)csrowan Wrote: If this was a moderated forum, Simon would be banned.

Oh bull shit! Simon makes Simon look bad... All by himself!
(09-28-2012, 04:48 PM)Simon Peter Wrote: We may dig at each other.......quite often. But I don't wish for anyone to be banned because they disagree with me or call me names. This is a community of sorts and I would give clone or scabby my last dime if they were in need no matter how much they despise my views. I believe they would do the same for me for they are not bad people, just stupid liberals.Smiling

I hope that you really feel that way. I do.

However, given what I have seen of your postings, I am left with the impression that you think the world would be better off if all Obama supporters were to suddenly die.

I judge you by your words and your posts. I would like to believe that you are a caring person with views that differ from mine, but when you say of a man who killed his wife and children and then himself because of a fear of Obama being re-elected "Alberts choices were not what I would have done, but they were right for him." I am unable to reconcile that with the idea that you are a caring person.