A Cartoon for the Hunters in the Group
We have kids reading the forums now?
(09-29-2012, 08:35 PM)PonderThis Wrote: We have kids reading the forums now?

Somehow, by some here, I am held to a different standard.
While puzzling, I can no longer spend time worrying about it.
I thought it funny...shows to go ya what a true low-life I must be
in Wonky's eyes, eh?
(09-29-2012, 08:54 PM)Clone Wrote:
(09-29-2012, 08:35 PM)PonderThis Wrote: We have kids reading the forums now?

Somehow, by some here, I am held to a different standard.
While puzzling, I can no longer spend time worrying about it.
I thought it funny...shows to go ya what a true low-life I must be
in Wonky's eyes, eh?

Oh my dear Clone!
Of course I know you are not a low life.
I think you have a great sense of humor, are witty, and well read. An my opinion is not all that valuable anyway: Everyone here knows you and understands your intent when you post humor.
In this on instance, I am questioning presenting this as "good" humor. Please understand I'm aware of "judging it", but remarking on the thing past "funny" is what I see as sad.
If you did not "see" the point I wanted to make past the funny part of the thing, then I guess we can't have a discussion. For me, it was obvious.

I don't enjoy jokes that depict women in demeaning ways, things that show a cruel or hate filled point.
And, I object to jokes that portray men as weak and stupid, as this one did. Maybe because there are far too many men in our world who lack the qualities necessary in husbands and fathers.

If I'm being to picky, please forgive me. It was my immediate reaction and I posted it without thinking you would be offended. I regret that I pissed you off.

Note to ponder: there are times when you simply are so far off the grid as to be irrelevant. You comment above was one of those times. "Kids reading the forum" ?
I could have just said Wonky, you're being a forum nanny again and telling other people what they should or shouldn't post, a recurring theme, and instead I was nice about it. You should be grateful.
(09-29-2012, 09:34 PM)Wonky Wrote: Oh my dear Clone!
I think you have a great sense of humor, are witty, and well read. An my opinion is not all that valuable anyway: Everyone here knows you and understands your intent when you post humor.
In this on instance, I am questioning presenting this as "good" humor. Please understand I'm aware of "judging it", but remarking on the thing past "funny" is what I see as sad.
If you did not "see" the point I wanted to make past the funny part of the thing, then I guess we can't have a discussion. For me, it was obvious.

I don't enjoy jokes that depict women in demeaning ways, things that show a cruel or hate filled point.
And, I object to jokes that portray men as weak and stupid, as this one did. Maybe because there are far too many men in our world who lack the qualities necessary in husbands and fathers.

If I'm being to picky, please forgive me. It was my immediate reaction and I posted it without thinking you would be offended. I regret that I pissed you off.

Oh, darlin', I'm not pissed off, just slightly chagrined. Wink
We are both impulsive creatures, me in posting it within 30 seconds of seeing it and you immediately posting a visceral reaction.

At least we manage to still communicate most of the time!

Where've you been? Away or just on a RVF break?
(09-29-2012, 10:23 PM)Clone Wrote:
(09-29-2012, 09:34 PM)Wonky Wrote: Oh my dear Clone!

Oh, darlin', I'm not pissed off, just slightly chagrined. Wink
We are both impulsive creatures, me in posting it within 30 seconds of seeing it and you immediately posting a visceral reaction.

At least we manage to still communicate most of the time!

Where've you been? Away or just on a RVF break?

Nope, not away. Not a travlin' kind of guy. Homebody as long as I have books.

Lots of MRI's, X-Rays, echo stuff, blood work, and so on.
Seems I've outlived some of my body parts.
It's hell, I'll tell ya! Oh the pain! The Anguish.
But you know me; I never complain. Big Grin
Few (if any) details to follow. They want to use up all of YOUR Medicare money, and I'm telling them there is a cut-off period for some stuff they are doing for old people. Now, if they could give me a brain transplant, I'd take it in a NY minute. (They said there are 4 million neo-conservatives ahead of me on the list)

I'm told I need a nurse who has traveled, done a bit of dancing, well read, good sense of humor, has great eyes, and stories to tell. And who will work for peanuts. I wonder...

Man, once I spill the beans of this there will be pages and pages of details, prayer requests, pleas for cash donations, and demands for daily body rub-downs form female forum members.

I have a PhD in suffering, and plan on using all my skills.

The problem? Okay. A toenail that is darker than the others. There. Just can't keep a secret.
(09-29-2012, 10:57 PM)Wonky Wrote: Nope, not away. Not a travlin' kind of guy. Homebody as long as I have books.

Few (if any) details to follow. They want to use up all of YOUR Medicare money, and I'm telling them there is a cut-off period for some stuff they are doing for old people. Now, if they could give me a brain transplant, I'd take it in a NY minute. (They said there are 4 million neo-conservatives ahead of me on the list)

I'm told I need a nurse who has traveled, done a bit of dancing, well read, good sense of humor, has great eyes, and stories to tell. And who will work for peanuts. I wonder...

Man, once I spill the beans of this there will be pages and pages of details, prayer requests, pleas for cash donations, and demands for daily body rub-downs form female forum members.

The problem? Okay. A toenail that is darker than the others. There. Just can't keep a secret.

You could always have the dark toenail removed!
I just recently had my right big toe toenail removed.
After two courses of antibiotics, I can now state the thing seems to be healing. The nail will be replaced with a hard skin that can be pedicured just like regular toenails.
So live with it, or get a bunch of numbing shots and have the podiatrist yank it.
You'd be amazed to see how long your toenail is.
I considered saving it and having it made into a necklace along with my preserved gallstones as beads.
Willy was a Tijuana taxi dancer at night, and a nursing student during the day. But, she didn't work for peanuts. We lived together, but I could't afford to dance with her.
(09-30-2012, 08:20 PM)illcommandante Wrote: Willy was a Tijuana taxi dancer at night, and a nursing student during the day. But, she didn't work for peanuts. We lived together, but I could't afford to dance with her.

Laughing
LaughingLaughing
LaughingLaughingLaughing
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
(09-29-2012, 11:24 PM)Clone Wrote:
(09-29-2012, 10:57 PM)Wonky Wrote: Nope, not away. Not a travlin' kind of guy. Homebody as long as I have books.

You could always have the dark toenail removed!
I just recently had my right big toe toenail removed.
After two courses of antibiotics, I can now state the thing seems to be healing. The nail will be replaced with a hard skin that can be pedicured just like regular toenails.
So live with it, or get a bunch of numbing shots and have the podiatrist yank it.
You'd be amazed to see how long your toenail is.
I considered saving it and having it made into a necklace along with my preserved gallstones as beads.

How soon we (I) forget!
I picked the wrong thing to try and get funny about! Now, I remember your "toe nail period". Not exactly the salad days, I'd guess.
So, I'm feeling lucky that I'm not dealing with a sore toe nail. They tell me toes, eyeballs, and the spot just below the tailbone are the three places one does not want messed with.

I'm on "massive" amounts of Prednosone (Never take what you can't spell) and I'm feeling like I want to bust up the piano. But we don't got no piano. (Anything I have to take is "massive". I don't actually know the dose). I'm seeing my "family practitioner" in the AM (Mon). He won't do a damn thing but refer me to someone else and then charge Medicare $250 for the visit. It's like stealing but they don't have to go to jail. I already know I have to have some kind of needle wiggled around near my spine and some kind of juice squirted in. 3 separate times. So, why do I have to see my regular Doc?
Whatever. Sorry to bore you with it. I just can't help but piss and moan in hopes of getting sympathy, cash, and afternoon delights.

Soon, I'll post a 40 page thread about it and make it mandatory to read it and pass a True/False test. I'm not sure how to do that, but you can bet your sweet ass that TVg knows. Big Grin

So, sorry about reminding you of the toe thing.
Hey Wonky, sorry to hear about these problems but I have to agree with Clone and Ponder.
It was simply a joke and it was even under NSFW Content.

You are taking the joke way too literally. I just perused another thread where you admonished Cletus for responding to LOM saying you thought he was better than that.
Nanny? Hall monitor? dude are ya seeing why your labeled?
(10-02-2012, 06:39 PM)tvguy Wrote: Hey Wonky, sorry to hear about these problems but I have to agree with Clone and Ponder.

You are taking the joke way too literally. I just perused another thread where you admonished Cletus for responding to LOM saying you thought he was better than that.

You say that like it's an insult.
We'll fill three tags this season. And, we'll get our salmon. I'll routinely be "Asshole"ed. Maybe we'll get a Christmas tree off of Onion Mountain.
(10-02-2012, 06:50 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(10-02-2012, 06:39 PM)tvguy Wrote: Hey Wonky, sorry to hear about these problems but I have to agree with Clone and Ponder.

You say that like it's an insult.

I like Wonky, it's no insult at all. It simply exactly what I think. I thought maybe if he heard this from me he might re think posts that tend to want to manage or control
The cartoon is gone so I can't comment, which deprives you all of my opinion. Cool

I have nothing interesting to contribute to the toenail discussion, so I'll peruse the rest of the RVF.
(10-03-2012, 10:49 AM)TennisMom Wrote: The cartoon is gone so I can't comment, which deprives you all of my opinion. Cool

I have nothing interesting to contribute to the toenail discussion, so I'll peruse the rest of the RVF.

It's not gone. It in the first post

Yep. Thanks for the feedback. "I is what I is" I guess. But, it's never too late for a guy to take a look at behavior, so I'll...

Ah screw it, it's who I am. LaughingLaughingLaughing
(10-03-2012, 12:59 PM)Wonky Wrote:

Yep. Thanks for the feedback. "I is what I is" I guess. But, it's never too late for a guy to take a look at behavior, so I'll...

Ah screw it, it's who I am. LaughingLaughingLaughing

Big Grin chicken wing