For All Of Us Here At The Forum.
(10-08-2012, 05:15 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-08-2012, 03:47 PM)Larry Wrote: I found this appropriate for this place.

[Image: opinions.gif]

Exactly! Laughing

Point proved Larry.
Except we seemed to not even know we were confirming the authors point.
There is often more wisdom in that "comic strip" than in the NYT editorial.

Having said that, I wonder if you feel comfortable preaching to us this valid point. Your own views are sometimes dogmatic, and your responses sometimes seem to have missed the point you fire back with so much passion.
"Jes sayin'"
I feel like a Dilbert character. Confused
(10-08-2012, 06:18 PM)Wonky Wrote:

Exactly! Laughing

Point proved Larry.

Having said that, I wonder if you feel comfortable preaching to us this valid point. Your own views are sometimes dogmatic, and your responses sometimes seem to have missed the point you fire back with so much passion.
"Jes sayin'"

Not worth responding to.
(10-08-2012, 06:27 PM)Larry Wrote:

Exactly! Laughing

Point proved Larry.

"Jes sayin'"

Not worth responding to.

And yet, you did.

Your anger at me is almost palatable!
You might want to someday review the exchanges that brought that on. I think you missed a point or two. Or, perhaps not: God knows I'm flawed and often not clear in my posts.
Truth is, neither of us will lose sleep over it. That's okay too. The world keeps turning.
(10-08-2012, 06:44 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(10-08-2012, 06:27 PM)Larry Wrote:

Exactly! Laughing

Point proved Larry.

"Jes sayin'"

Not worth responding to.

And yet, you did.

Your anger at me is almost palatable!
You might want to someday review the exchanges that brought that on. I think you missed a point or two. Or, perhaps not: God knows I'm flawed and often not clear in my posts.
Truth is, neither of us will lose sleep over it. That's okay too. The world keeps turning.

Had you bothered to read my response to TM in this thread, would you still have asked me if I "feel comfortable preaching" the point to all of you? Your barbs are more hurtful than others, so I insulate myself from them.
(10-08-2012, 04:03 PM)TennisMom Wrote: It is to be hoped that forum members now understand what it feels like to be a democrat arguing with a republican; democrats tend to prefer facts while republicans prefer rhetoric or whatever supports the opinion they already have, regardless of why they have that opinion in the first place. :wacko:

Really???? No wonder you can't 'win' any ARGUMENTS with republicans when you begin with this thinking.

Why does one side have to win and the other lose? Why does one side have to be right and the other wrong? Can't there be good ideas on every side? Why can't we drop the arguing and begin discussing?
I usually have at least two opinions on anything. Why limit yourself to one?

It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!
(10-08-2012, 04:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-08-2012, 04:03 PM)TennisMom Wrote: It is to be hoped that forum members now understand what it feels like to be a democrat arguing with a republican; democrats tend to prefer facts while republicans prefer rhetoric or whatever supports the opinion they already have, regardless of why they have that opinion in the first place. :wacko:

I don't think that's an accurate description of all pubs. And it could be said that you described some dems on this forum.

From what I've seen over and over on this forum the dems consistently find fault with Law enforcement without these "facts" you say they prefer.

Many Dems ON this forum seem to be anti establishment ands even anti American.

Funny that I don't see that with the republicans?

It is true in some cases and not true in others. On climate change or any environmental issues you are right. Republicans do indeed ignore the facts.

BTW, everything I say is an undisputed fact Razz

All I know is that when the polls were showing Obama ahead, GOP talking heads like Dick Morris said the polls were rigged. Now that the polls show Romney catching up, they are silent.
The furor about the unemployment numbers is another example of their schadenfreude (nod to Scrapper). Those numbers were rigged also, according to people like Jack Welch.
The GOP wants to see our society fail under the Obama Administration so they can get back into power. I think that is despicable.
(10-11-2012, 10:17 AM)TennisMom Wrote:

I don't think that's an accurate description of all pubs. And it could be said that you described some dems on this forum.

From what I've seen over and over on this forum the dems consistently find fault with Law enforcement without these "facts" you say they prefer.

It is true in some cases and not true in others. On climate change or any environmental issues you are right. Republicans do indeed ignore the facts.

All I know is that when the polls were showing Obama ahead, GOP talking heads like Dick Morris said the polls were rigged. Now that the polls show Romney catching up, they are silent.
The furor about the unemployment numbers is another example of their schadenfreude (nod to Scrapper). Those numbers were rigged also, according to people like Jack Welch.
The GOP wants to see our society fail under the Obama Administration so they can get back into power. I think that is despicable.

I am trying (and failing) to connect this with the the cartoon topic. Oh well.
(10-11-2012, 11:49 AM)Larry Wrote:

Actually, I found the cartoon funny. I guess I was not in a political mood when I read it.Smiling
(10-11-2012, 11:56 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(10-11-2012, 11:49 AM)Larry Wrote:

Actually, I found the cartoon funny. I guess I was not in a political mood when I read it.Smiling

Nope, you got it right. It was apolitical and meant to poke fun at us ALL.