For All Of Us Here At The Forum.
I found this appropriate for this place.

[Image: opinions.gif]
It is to be hoped that forum members now understand what it feels like to be a democrat arguing with a republican; democrats tend to prefer facts while republicans prefer rhetoric or whatever supports the opinion they already have, regardless of why they have that opinion in the first place. :wacko:
(10-08-2012, 04:03 PM)TennisMom Wrote: It is to be hoped that forum members now understand what it feels like to be a democrat arguing with a republican; democrats tend to prefer facts while republicans prefer rhetoric or whatever supports the opinion they already have, regardless of why they have that opinion in the first place. :wacko:

I don't think that's an accurate description of all pubs. And it could be said that you described some dems on this forum.

From what I've seen over and over on this forum the dems consistently find fault with Law enforcement without these "facts" you say they prefer.

Many Dems ON this forum seem to be anti establishment ands even anti American.

Funny that I don't see that with the republicans?

It is true in some cases and not true in others. On climate change or any environmental issues you are right. Republicans do indeed ignore the facts.

BTW, everything I say is an undisputed fact Razz
You keep calling people anti-American. Could you please explain what you mean by anti-American, and why those positions are anti-American.

So far, I have only seen people expressing their opinions using their First Amendment rights and trying to shape this country into something that fits their vision using their constitutionally guaranteed right to vote. Just because their viewpoints don't match your vision of what the US should be, that doesn't necessarily make them anti-American.

(And don't forget that America is a whole lot more than the US. Minor peeve of mine.)
(10-08-2012, 04:36 PM)csrowan Wrote: You keep calling people anti-American. Could you please explain what you mean by anti-American, and why those positions are anti-American.

So far, I have only seen people expressing their opinions using their First Amendment rights and trying to shape this country into something that fits their vision using their constitutionally guaranteed right to vote. Just because their viewpoints don't match your vision of what the US should be, that doesn't necessarily make them anti-American.

(And don't forget that America is a whole lot more than the US. Minor peeve of mine.)

Maybe I'm just a silly blind patriot but when someone says they would fund terrorists form a foreign country I tend to think just maybe they don't like the USA a whole lot.
Maybe I'm silly also when I assume someone is anti American when he thinks George Bush was responsible for 9-11.
Or when he posts thread after thread that almost always are bout something wrong with our government for one reason or another.

Maybe when you hear people say we deserved what happened on 9-11 you hear something different that I do.
Wouldn't it be VERY American (or United Statesian) to post about things you don't like in the government? Isn't the ability to criticize government one of the things that the founders made sure wouldn't be infringed upon?

And hasn't the government already funded terrorist groups? Those same groups that are now actually anti-American?

Wasn't George Bush the one who sent massive quantities of troops into someone else's country, essentially imposing martial law from an outside source? He isn't entirely responsible, but to say that he played no part is definitely arguable. How is it anti-American to discuss information and draw conclusions?
Quote:(And don't forget that America is a whole lot more than the US. Minor peeve of mine.)

That's a silly peeve to have Do you call old glory the American flag or the USA flag?

When you hear Lee Greenwood sing I'm proud to be an American what do think he means?? A Canadian?

How about America the beautiful? Are they singing about BrazilLaughing Or Tom petty's song "American girl" do ya think he was singing about a girl from Peru?Wink
Quote: 'csrowan'
Wouldn't it be VERY American (or United Statesian) to post about things you don't like in the government? Isn't the ability to criticize government one of the things that the founders made sure wouldn't be infringed upon?

If you can't tell the difference between someone questioning things our country does and the assholes I described than I can't help you dude.

Grow a pair and make a stand and stop rationalizing.
So, in other words, anti-American is what you deem to be anti-American, no matter what anyone else thinks. Good to know that you are the sole arbiter of Americanism. I'll be sure to nominate you for a position as Presidential Advisor.
(10-08-2012, 03:47 PM)Larry Wrote: I found this appropriate for this place.

[Image: opinions.gif]

Exactly! Laughing
(10-08-2012, 05:09 PM)csrowan Wrote: So, in other words, anti-American is what you deem to be anti-American, no matter what anyone else thinks. Good to know that you are the sole arbiter of Americanism. I'll be sure to nominate you for a position as Presidential Advisor.

Wow you really are quick. Yes of course if I think someone is anti American it's based on what I think:wacko:

And Yes I am sole arbiter of Americanism AS FAR AS MY OPINION GOES DUH!

Where do you get opinions? At the mall? at at wbsite? OPINIONSAREUS.
(10-08-2012, 04:03 PM)TennisMom Wrote: It is to be hoped that forum members now understand what it feels like to be a democrat arguing with a republican; democrats tend to prefer facts while republicans prefer rhetoric or whatever supports the opinion they already have, regardless of why they have that opinion in the first place. :wacko:

This is the funniest post on this topic. You see TM, the cartoon is partisan neutral. I thought it was perfect for this forum, because I can see BOTH sides in the cartoon. You proved you have a partisan blindness by failing to see that point.
(10-08-2012, 05:16 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-08-2012, 05:09 PM)csrowan Wrote: So, in other words, anti-American is what you deem to be anti-American, no matter what anyone else thinks. Good to know that you are the sole arbiter of Americanism. I'll be sure to nominate you for a position as Presidential Advisor.

Wow you really are quick. Yes of course if I think someone is anti American it's based on what I think:wacko:

Yes, I see how you are merely stating an opinion, and not at all making claims about what other people think: Dry

(09-30-2012, 05:06 PM)tvguy Wrote: Bla bla leon, you are consumed with hatred for this country and obsessed with finding any and every fault you can.
And that's not even enough. You also subscribe to idiot conspiracy theories to further denigrate this country and try to convince people that it was not Terrorists who slaughtered 3000 Americans.

So spare me the LIES that you simply "dislike what we are doing"

(09-27-2012, 01:48 PM)tvguy Wrote: You are talking out of your ass and repeating ignorant crap you have heard from your anti everything hippie friends.

(09-20-2012, 11:45 AM)tvguy Wrote: Typical comment from another far left whackjob America hating anti establishment doper.

(09-20-2012, 09:21 AM)tvguy Wrote: You started a thread for this crap??

Not enough anti America or conspiracy theories to post from google today?

(09-14-2012, 12:06 PM)tvguy Wrote: Bullshit you just want to justify these radicals actions to try and prove your anti American agenda.

The Muslim world is not the problem. The problem is these throwback religious freaks who think no one has a right to question their almighty God. These are the same types who are responsible or 9-11.

Eat shit and die you miserable maggot for being on their side.
(10-08-2012, 05:39 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(10-08-2012, 05:16 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Yes, I see how you are merely stating an opinion, and not at all making claims about what other people think: Dry

(09-30-2012, 05:06 PM)tvguy Wrote: Bla bla leon, you are consumed with hatred for this country and obsessed with finding any and every fault you can.
And that's not even enough. You also subscribe to idiot conspiracy theories to further denigrate this country and try to convince people that it was not Terrorists who slaughtered 3000 Americans.

So spare me the LIES that you simply "dislike what we are doing"

(09-27-2012, 01:48 PM)tvguy Wrote: You are talking out of your ass and repeating ignorant crap you have heard from your anti everything hippie friends.

(09-20-2012, 11:45 AM)tvguy Wrote: Typical comment from another far left whackjob America hating anti establishment doper.

(09-20-2012, 09:21 AM)tvguy Wrote: You started a thread for this crap??

Not enough anti America or conspiracy theories to post from google today?

(09-14-2012, 12:06 PM)tvguy Wrote: Bullshit you just want to justify these radicals actions to try and prove your anti American agenda.

The Muslim world is not the problem. The problem is these throwback religious freaks who think no one has a right to question their almighty God. These are the same types who are responsible or 9-11.

Eat shit and die you miserable maggot for being on their side.

His style is well established as harsher than most. That does not eliminate the fact that he is correct about Leon and Ponder.

You seem a little smarter than them... perhaps you should distance yourself rather than give them your umbrella of protection.
You mean, you share his opinion of them. It should be obvious that I do not.
(10-08-2012, 05:48 PM)csrowan Wrote: You mean, you share his opinion of them. It should be obvious that I do not.

What should be the subject is whether or not My opinion of a couple of people is correct. Or I guess if I am allowed to have this opinion.

You asked me why I felt someone was anti American.

I told you.

Maybe where you are from no one has opinions. Sorry pal but IMO people who worry about Osama not getting a trial or how he was buried at sea.

Or people who blame 9-11 on Bush

Or people who refuse to honor the brave soldiers who die for us or get their arms and legs blown off.

Or People who not only refuse to honor them but instead claim any soldier lacks morality and became a soldier because they couldn't make it in civilian life.

There aren't enough cuss words for People like this and if you don't think that's anti American than you must be an idiot.
(10-08-2012, 05:48 PM)csrowan Wrote: You mean, you share his opinion of them. It should be obvious that I do not.

Me either!
There you go again. If I don't agree, I "must be an idiot."

I don't object to you having opinions. I object to you phrasing them as facts.

Obviously, other people don't agree with you on what constitutes being anti-American, and I don't agree with your characterizations of their positions. Obviously, I haven't seen every conversation you've had with them, but from what I have seen, you appear (in my opinion) to have a tendency to accuse people of saying something that they aren't actually saying.

Frankly, I think it is very hard to be anti-American, given that the US is all about different people with different ideas living together and choosing which views should shape the country through democratic elections.
Quote: 'csrowan'
There you go again. If I don't agree, I "must be an idiot."

Absolutely Rowen, If you can't see a miserable turd of an anti American far left whining conspiracy theorist whack job when you see one then YES INDEED you MUST be and IDIOT!

Thanks for clearing that up.