Common Decency
Earlier today I PM'ed Clone and asked her to go to the Asylum and let Ponder know he was over the line. I have done it myself MANY times with some of the conservatives here, like the former Pastor and Simon Peter. It's important to keep the nutburgers in check, even if they are on your "side".

Crickets.

In fact, not ONE of you lefties said a single negative thing to him, except TV. But I would expect that from TV, based on his own relationship with Ponder.

This leads me to certain conclusions about "your" side.

They aren't flattering.
I won't pick sides.

I recall JC/HamSammich wishing cancer on Clone (a cancer survivor) and wishing a horribly ugly death on my husband... and we got crickets!

It only counts when it hits home, eh?

I was right there wishing you all well with the surgery. Is that not good enough?

As bad as it sounds... some of you here don't deserve "sides".

As an example... take your BitchZilla! She had an unwarranted outburst. When called on it... she just wanted it to be a new day and for everyone to get over it. Really?!?! Without so much as an acknowledgement, explanation or apology?!?! Sorry, not happening!

Observe... and learn.

By the way, any news? Did everything go okay with the surgery?
Like I said... I care, I'm just not picking sides.
(10-26-2012, 06:40 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I won't pick sides.

I recall JC/HamSammich wishing cancer on Clone (a cancer survivor) and wishing a horribly ugly death on my husband... and we got crickets!

I was right there wishing you all well with the surgery. Is that not good enough?

As an example... take your BitchZilla! She had an unwarranted outburst. When called on it... she just wanted it to be a new day and for everyone to get over it. Really?!?! Without so much as an acknowledgement, explanation or apology?!?! Sorry, not happening!

Observe... and learn.

Are you saying I never called hammy out on his bullshit? Selective memory you have. Update is where it belongs, in the ASYLUM. Keep your dog on a leash.
I might question one who authors a post, THIS FUCKING PRESIDENT...
of have little common decency.
(10-26-2012, 06:45 PM)Wonky Wrote: I might question one who authors a post, THIS FUCKING PRESIDENT...

You may question anything you like, and I will defend your right to do so. My family will defend your right as well.

Clone wants to silence an entire cable network that appeals to over 50% of the population because they don't lockstep with her.
I sent Clone a PM months ago. She has yet to respond. It is possible she just didn't SEE them.
And for the record, we're really not in charge of letting people know when they're acting like jerks. In my experience, most people already know when they're acting like jerks, they just have a sense of self-righteousness at the moment.

Observe... and learn.

1) I am NOT Larry's.
2) Not my problem that you can't get over words on a screen from someone you don't even know.
3) Leave me out of threads I have nothing to do with.
4) Have a great weekend!
(10-26-2012, 06:40 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I was right there wishing you all well with the surgery. Is that not good enough?

And I thanked you. Is that not true?
(10-26-2012, 06:45 PM)Wonky Wrote: I might question one who authors a post, THIS FUCKING PRESIDENT...

I completely agree, Wonky.
First saying he might shoot BBQ and then posting a thread with "Fuck this POS President.

To clarify, he asked me to stand up against my friend, but the final sentence in the message was: "But I expect nothing.'

Homey don't play that.

When he starts behaving as though he had some raisins, I will defend him until the cows come home.
(10-26-2012, 07:09 PM)Clone Wrote:

First saying he might shoot BBQ and then posting a thread with "Fuck this POS President.

To clarify, he asked me to stand up against my friend, but the final sentence in the message was: "But I expect nothing.'

Homey don't play that.

When he starts behaving as though he had some raisins, I will defend him until the cows come home.

And my expectations were correct.

Homey don't play that.

I fear for Larry.

This does not sound like the guy I remember from a few years ago. Always a conservative, and outspoken about political things, he became vitriolic (IHMO) some time ago and the humorous banter he once was so good at seems to have completely stopped. (I think this predates his fathers illness)

Something wrong here I think, but then again, I'm not qualified to make more than a casual observation and comment.

Hope this was not over the line.
(10-26-2012, 06:57 PM)broadzilla Wrote:

Observe... and learn.

1) I am NOT Larry's.
2) Not my problem that you can't get over words on a screen from someone you don't even know.
4) Have a great weekend!

Ah yes... but this thread is about "Common Decency".
Obviously something you could learn a thing or two about.
(10-26-2012, 07:13 PM)Larry Wrote:

Homey don't play that.

If you have no expectations... you can't be disappointed.
And it was totally not fair of you to ask Clone to pick sides.
(10-26-2012, 07:28 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(10-26-2012, 07:13 PM)Larry Wrote:

Homey don't play that.

If you have no expectations... you can't be disappointed.
And it was totally not fair of you to ask Clone to pick sides.

I asked no one to pick sides. That is a fantasy of clones.
(10-26-2012, 07:26 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(10-26-2012, 06:57 PM)broadzilla Wrote:

Observe... and learn.

1) I am NOT Larry's.
4) Have a great weekend!

Ah yes... but this thread is about "Common Decency".
Obviously something you could learn a thing or two about.

Curiouser and curiouser as Alice in the looking glass might have said.

The reminder that this thread is about "Common Decency".
and then,
remarking "something you could learn a thing or two about".

Seems like a lack of common decency to suggest that someone could learn a thing or two about it.

Perhaps I don't understand "common decency". I would think that such a direct suggestion that someone needs to learn "a thing or two about it" is a violation of the very point.

Maybe not. Grist for the mill.
An interesting question... is it decent to tell people that they are acting indecently?
(10-26-2012, 06:28 PM)Larry Wrote: Earlier today I PM'ed Clone and asked her to go to the Asylum and let Ponder know he was over the line. I have done it myself MANY times with some of the conservatives here, like the former Pastor and Simon Peter. It's important to keep the nutburgers in check, even if they are on your "side".

Crickets.

In fact, not ONE of you lefties said a single negative thing to him, except TV. But I would expect that from TV, based on his own relationship with Ponder.

They aren't flattering.

It was my hope Ponder would do just that. (ponder) Perhaps he is still pondering? The Asylum thread should remain a sanctuary.
(10-26-2012, 07:54 PM)csrowan Wrote: An interesting question... is it decent to tell people that they are acting indecently?

Exactly!
How about "suggesting" that decency requires "a certain" tone? Scrapper, I fear, will see it as a personal attack. I did not want it to appear as such, but to bring up the point about what decency means in written form.

This stuff ain't easy. And because it ain't, we see angst, bitterness, hostility, and worse here far too often.

I'm optimistic (most of the time) and feel our little corner of the world here at the RVF might improve our skills in exchanging views as time goes on.
Frankly, I feel that a great many of the posters here could use lessons in decorum. Of course, I particularly care about decorum, so it makes sense that I would care whether or not it is shown. And, I admit, I have been guilty of being indecorous a time or two... or more. But I believe that if many of us made a greater effort, we would be able to discuss differences rather than reviling them. Some of the time, anyway...

It's easy to point the finger at a particular individual, but as long as the culture of RVF tends toward name-calling and "are so" / "am not", we are all enablers.
(10-26-2012, 06:28 PM)Larry Wrote: Earlier today I PM'ed Clone and asked her to go to the Asylum and let Ponder know he was over the line. I have done it myself MANY times with some of the conservatives here, like the former Pastor and Simon Peter. It's important to keep the nutburgers in check, even if they are on your "side".

Crickets.

They aren't flattering.

Wishing death on every Muslim is not flattering. Calling the President of the United States a POS is not flattering. Saying Fuck the President is not flattering. Telling forum members there is a slight chance you will kill them is not flattering. Supporting every war there is is not flattering. Thinking the answer to every problem is to go kill somebody is not flattering. Routinely telling forum members "fuck you" is not flattering. Larry has a very strange idea of what is or is not flattering.

Yes, it's over the line to jump on Larry in his cancer thread, and I hate every bit of cancer (I had a partner who died of cancer, shortly after diagnosis). I know the pain of cancer. But, it's time for Larry to think how his posts come across to others, too, and they certainly are not flattering. If Larry wants responses to his posts that are, for a change, flattering, then Larry needs to change the tone of his own online responses. Those who live by the personal attack can expect similar in return. I think that's a matter of simple fairness, if not common decency as well.